Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 09-09-2014, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfornoone View Post
I wish I knew how to hack. I would do the reverse to politicians and expose them.

You could join the NSA, and actually do that. Lol.
Old 09-09-2014, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
ermahgerd!

Every time I read things like this in this forum you types sound like anti-gunners yelling racist based on an an argument on opinion, but really haven't proven an argument on said opinion, and just want people you disagree with to be silenced...

If I knew exploits for a closed source device, I wouldn't notify anyone either... ... ... so they would surface later.

In scrolling back through this old thread, and old posts I made, nothing I stated was FUD, so some people are apparently playing "thank you for smoking" and trying to discredit opinion... Everything I stated was referenced here, or before in prior threads via hacker/security conferences, or via what Snowden stated publicly.
Hahahaaa.

Uh huh, nice straw man argument. Do you worship Snowden? You know he doesn't even know what he's talking about and is an attention seeker right? Lol. Bro you need to suck his d**k a little harder I don't think he's feeling it....

Yes your FUD is baseless **** like "NSA is hacking all your iPhones when they're turned off blah blah *insert more made up FUD from vague unauthoritative source" etc
Old 09-10-2014, 9:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Snowden=attention whore, yet he fled? Yeah...

I'll just pull the battery if I ever want/need to.

I believe most of the Hollywood celebrities who's pictures/videos were leaked had iPhones (w/iCloud?).
https://www.google.com/search?num=20...ictures+hacked

Last edited by the86d; 09-10-2014 at 10:05 AM..
Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Any modern phone can "listen" even them pre paid $19.99 dumb phones. If someone has the right equipment and resources they will succeed. A rule we had at the investment bank I used to work for is that we never take our phones to conference room, any important meetings or with affluent clients. We had special suppression briefcases where we placed all phones prior to entering the room. Also the windows had counter measures installed: devices that generated noise at frequency used by eavesdropping equipment. Just leave your iphone in a car, office or home and go about your business if you don't want anyone to know.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontClaire View Post
Any modern phone can "listen" even them pre paid $19.99 dumb phones. If someone has the right equipment and resources they will succeed. A rule we had at the investment bank I used to work for is that we never take our phones to conference room, any important meetings or with affluent clients. We had special suppression briefcases where we placed all phones prior to entering the room. Also the windows had counter measures installed: devices that generated noise at frequency used by eavesdropping equipment. Just leave your iphone in a car, office or home and go about your business if you don't want anyone to know.

This guy knows what's going on.

OP, it was only speculated that the leaked fap photos were from iCloud - that's likely not actually the case, just do some research and you'll see it's a big dump from a ring of photo sharing
Old 09-10-2014, 6:21 PM

Default Snowden says iPhones can listen even when "officially" powered off...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontClaire View Post
Wait, so what is your definition of a modern phone? Do you mean an iphone and an android?

The rest is not directed at you MontClaire, this is directed to the OP:

Android is not immune to eavesdropping. Nothing is. As for vulnerabilities and exploits, there are things called patches, minor revisions, updates, to fix bugs and security flaws. That is why it is important to update to latest versions of applications, operating systems etc, to fix these holes that people are exploiting. If applications and operating systems we use don't have holes and you are super secured, then you don't need to update.

Anyway, the86d, please the bigger picture here. Stay with me now, main datacenter hubs, like AT&T, Cogent, Level3, XO, etc.... your data, my data flows through these places eventually. This is where fiber optics are being split and your data and my data are being recorded and eventually going to places like that big datacenter that the NSA has built in Utah (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center).

Your SSL traffic (my SSL traffic) is being decrypted, recorded and encrypted back to the target destination in every possible chance the NSA can muster by strong arming companies to release their private keys for freedom.

Yes Snowden has released this information to the public, but this information was already introduced to the public pre 2000. Personally I think Snowden did the right thing as a whistleblower, so I disagree with Gawernator as Snowden being a traitor.

In all honesty the86d, do you really want to see a world where Android has a monopoly in mobile computing and have no competitors at all? IOS and Android bounce features back and forth, closing the gap, or taking the lead, but competition is a good thing. More competition, gives consumers choices, the option to choose something like a phone whether it runs Android, Windows, IOS, etc.

I do have to make it clear however, that none of these corporations or the american people are immune to the government as long as the government can strong arm their way and finding out everything about you and recording it, then coming back to your face and telling you a lie.

Anyway, as I said time after time in numerous replies, fight the good fight. You are directing your hate against Apple when it should be directed towards the american government. Shots fired, at friendlies, please stop.

When xbox launched xbox one, Sony wished them best of luck on twitter:
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/403749745706803200

Quote:
Shuhei Yoshida: Congratulations @XboxP3 @MrPhilHarrison @majornelson @albertpenello on the global launch of Xbox One! @amboyes
We should be like this, friends, friendly banter, competition that thrives. Man, you spew so much putrid hate, it just smells bad. We are calgunners, we all have opinions, we use different things, lets just be friends. American government is using our tax payer dollars and spending it on that Utah datacenter, echelon, narus servers, strong arming companies like AT&T like the mafia to get datacenter space like Room 641A. That is where the problem is, not Apple or the iphone. The poison is unlawful search and seizure, even in the virtual space.

Layman's term:
NSA to American people: "All your base are belong to us."

Last edited by stonith3901; 09-10-2014 at 7:19 PM..
Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM

Lolol. Snowden is a traitor because of how he went directly to Chinese and Russian intelligence agencies (our enemies) and leaked details of our operations, cyber warfare, sources, methods etc. He severely damaged US national security and our public face. Things that he disclosed the whole world knew, but they can act surprised and blame the US to make us look bad. Thanks Snowden. I would empty the whole magazine into his worthless body, as would many other loyal Americans serving our country.