Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 06-15-2017, 4:18 PM

Anyone know who the cheapest FFL is in the Bay Area that can receive two glocks from glock factory for me? Received two GSSF prize certs (not the blue label coupon) and want to redeem them at the same time, then pick them up a month apart per CA.
Old 06-15-2017, 4:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

What is cheap for you? Our transfer fee is $50 and we can stagger them as needed.
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
New Stock Announced on G+ and Facebook. NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps
Old 06-16-2017, 9:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
If it is disassembled then it is not an AW. What exactly would the FFL be converting? Putting a grip wrap on? That isn't even manufacturing per the ATF. Or the buyer can take all the parts home, FFL keeps the receiver and it is DROSed as a receiver only because that is exactly what they received. Buyer then has the responsibility to make sure it is CA compliant.

A CA FFL installing a grip wrap onto an AR15 lower may not be manufacturing per ATf but I was more interested in the CA DOJ point of view.
Since I have had CA FFLs tell me that they cannot even put a barrel into a pump shotgun without having an 07FFL I am trying to understand what Ca DOJ considers a violation of the CA AW permit and possessing a CA AW without a CA AW permit. Since prior to 2017 a CA FFL with or without a CA AW permit could not install bullet buttons or do anything else to turn a CA AW into a compliant firearm how are CA FFLs able to install grip wraps, remove flash hiders, lock stocks now? You referred to that regulation PDF floating around but I thought the regulation was not approved so how can a CA FFL legally follow it?

Receivers do not need a safety demo to be performed.

Even before the new regulations disassembled was never an issue. We had DOJ audits when shipments came in and asked Bob during an audit. The new regulations just made it crystal clear and in writing.
But those regulations have not been put into law yet or am I missing something? That is why I never really pushed to split guns into parts before 2017 because very few CA FFLs allowed simply splitting an AR15 in half.

I just want to be able to ship guns into CA as economically as possible. The proposed regulations seem to state that a semiauto firearm must be "whole" and able to function when a mag and ammo are inserted. It makes AR15s clear about upper and lower halfs but based on the regulations simply removing the bolt carrier would no longer make the AR15 a semi auto rifle. So with that interpretation I should be able to remove the trigger box from an AUG, Tavor, X95, and it will be legal to send to CA. I should be able to remove the gas piston from an AK47, SCAR, etc and it would be ok to ship into CA. I won't have to install wraps, extended brakes, fix stocks or anything else to make the gun featureless since it is no longer defined as a Ca AW, right? Sinc ea Tavor is no longer a Ca AW without its trigger box then it only has to comply with SBR 16" and 26" oal rifle law, correct? Or is it now just a receiver if only the trigger pack is removed?

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Old 06-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Calguns Addict

We have accepted disassembled guns since day 1. It's never been an issue and many FFLs have done this.

The new regulations just put it in writing for the first time.

There are FFLs that will not accept a lower today because it's illegal.

Finding FFLs who know the law in CA has always been an issue. I got yelled at for shipping a Spikes lower a few weeks ago.
Old 06-17-2017, 2:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
There are FFLs that will not accept a lower today because it's illegal.
You mean who THINK it is illegal for some odd reason. Nothing illegal that I am aware of.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 06-17-2017, 2:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
You mean who THINK it is illegal for some odd reason. Nothing illegal that I am aware of.

Yes sorry. Was typing on the phone.
Old 08-24-2017, 8:37 PM

Location: North Central Alta Loma Region, People's Republic of Kommifornia Province
Default Interstate interfamilial transfer

Any in the Inland Empire do Interstate interfamilial transfer? Need to complete one on 8/25/17.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:13 PM

Any FFL near Venice/Culver City/Santa Monica?
Old 09-12-2017, 9:01 PM

Any FFL's in the San Gabriel Valley/Pasadena (or close to) that have reasonable transfer fee's

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson