Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Default 10 day exempt

On a C&R that needs to be FFL01 DROS'd, or a PPT, I understand that it is exempt from the 10day as long as I have the FFL03/COE. The question is... Does that hold true for a non-C&R as well??? I'm looking at an auction with both C&R's and Non's. If it's only the C&R's it will limit my bidding choices 'cause I ain't gonna drive for 6 hours.... TWICE!!.. :-)
Old 09-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Unless you have a CFD you are not 10 day exempt
Old 09-09-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
What the 'H' is a CFD??
Old 09-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What the 'H' is a CFD??
Listing as a California Firearms Dealer with the state - see https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 09-09-2017, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Listing as a California Firearms Dealer with the state - see https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/dlrfaqs
In the original post I refered to a C&R purchase right off the bat, and when the dealer fills out the long gun online form there is a drop down screen that gives the dealer a choice in the waiting period, and they can select 'Collector' which will give him..or her... a window to input my COE number. When they submit it the screen will show 'pending', but have a delivery option available. Click on delivered, sign the form and give them your thumb print on the DROS and you're good to go. No 10 day. As in my OP I was wondering if anyone knew if it would also apply to Non-C&R long guns...??

So to teperxt about having a CFD and saying that I needed one... It ain't necessarily so... And to avoid confusion in the future it might be better to use FFL01... MOF I did a google on CFD and it gave a bunch of links pertaining to the stocks, and FFL CFD and it also was no help... NADA...

The OP was a simple question.. Sorry it was so confusing...
Old 09-09-2017, 1:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
In the original post I refered to a C&R purchase right off the bat, and when the dealer fills out the long gun online form there is a drop down screen that gives the dealer a choice in the waiting period, and they can select 'Collector' which will give him..or her... a window to input my COE number. When they submit it the screen will show 'pending', but have a delivery option available. Click on delivered, sign the form and give them your thumb print on the DROS and you're good to go. No 10 day. As in my OP I was wondering if anyone knew if it would also apply to Non-C&R long guns...??

So to teperxt about having a CFD and saying that I needed one... It ain't necessarily so... And to avoid confusion in the future it might be better to use FFL01... MOF I did a google on CFD and it gave a bunch of links pertaining to the stocks, and FFL CFD and it also was no help... NADA...

The OP was a simple question.. Sorry it was so confusing...
Not sure what you are talking about. I just did the drop down on 10 day exemptions on the DES and it only give me 3 exemptions.

CFD number
Peace Officer (letter required)
Special Weapons Permit.

If you don't fall into any of these categories, you are not exempt since the state doesn't offer any other options on the DROS drop down.

Basically you are not exempt from the 10 day wait on dealer sales or transfers.
Old 09-09-2017, 2:04 PM

For C&R he is exempt from the 10 day as long as he has a COE and a 03 FFL. For non C&R firearms he is not 10 day exempt.
Old 09-09-2017, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutpup99 View Post
For C&R he is exempt from the 10 day as long as he has a COE and a 03 FFL. For non C&R firearms he is not 10 day exempt.
Simple answer for a simple question. Thanks scoutpup...
Old 09-09-2017, 2:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
On a C&R that needs to be FFL01 DROS'd, or a PPT, I understand that it is exempt from the 10day as long as I have the FFL03/COE. The question is... Does that hold true for a non-C&R as well??? I'm looking at an auction with both C&R's and Non's. If it's only the C&R's it will limit my bidding choices 'cause I ain't gonna drive for 6 hours.... TWICE!!.. :-)
Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about. I just did the drop down on 10 day exemptions on the DES and it only give me 3 exemptions.

CFD number
Peace Officer (letter required)
Special Weapons Permit.

If you don't fall into any of these categories, you are not exempt since the state doesn't offer any other options on the DROS drop down.

Basically you are not exempt from the 10 day wait on dealer sales or transfers.
Quote:
Simple answer for a simple question. Thanks scoutpup...
What part couldn't you get? lol
Old 09-09-2017, 2:22 PM

And now for those not quite familiar with the workings of a C&R FFL03/COE, I just ran across this...

Who is exempt from the waiting period?

As with any exemption, the dealer must maintain the documentation with the DROS paperwork. The most common exemptions to the 10-day waiting period include:

California law enforcement officers who have a letter signed by the head of the agency stating they are full time paid peace officers authorized to carry a firearm in the performance of their duties and authorizing the purchase. The dealer must retain the original letter and attach it to the DROS record.
Persons who have special weapons permits issued by DOJ. The dealer must retain a copy of the permit and attach it to the DROS record.

Persons who have a Curio & Relic Collector's license issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) and who have a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE) only when purchasing curio and relic firearms. The dealer must retain a copy of the Federal Firearms License, Collector's license and the COE.

Dealers transferring firearms (hand gun and/or long gun) to their personal inventory are required to complete the DROS process. The BATFE's acquisition/disposition log requirements still apply.

(Pen. Code, 26950, 26955, 26960, 26965, 26970, 27650, 27655, 27660, 27665, 27670)
Old 09-09-2017, 2:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe this is a little more simplistic?
Old 09-09-2017, 2:24 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

PC actually explains clearly -
Quote:

(a) The waiting period described in Section 27540 does not apply to the sale, delivery, loan, or transfer of a firearm if all of the following conditions are satisfied:

(1) The firearm is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor.

(2) The sale, delivery, loan, or transfer is made by a dealer.

(3) The sale, delivery, loan, or transfer is made to a person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto.

(4) The licensed collector has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710.

(b) On the date that the sale, delivery, or transfer is made, the dealer delivering the firearm shall transmit to the Department of Justice an electronic or telephonic report of the transaction as is indicated in Section 28160 or 28165.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 09-09-2017, 2:27 PM

Quote:
What part couldn't you get? lol
Probably the part where you stated that there isn't a 10 day exemption...
Baffle 'm with BS... Right??
Old 09-09-2017, 2:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Probably the part where you stated that there isn't a 10 day exemption...
Baffle 'm with BS... Right??
Your question was being 10 exempt for NON C&R though. I replied that not if you don't have a CFD.

Apology since you don't have acccess to DROS. The transfer of a non C&R is a different application from a C&R on the DES.

You posted the question clearly and i answered the question clearly. I also gave you accurate information. Read your own question. Unless you don't understand the context of your own question. sheesh
Old 09-09-2017, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Your question was being 10 exempt for NON C&R though. I replied that not if you don't have a CFD.

Apology since you don't have acccess to DROS. The transfer of a non C&R is a different application from a C&R on the DES.

You posted the question clearly and i answered the question clearly. I also gave you accurate information. Read your own question. Unless you don't understand the context of your own question. sheesh
My apologies.. I guess it would have help if I knew clearly what CFD meant... It wouldn't have been such a BFD....