Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 PM

Default Valkyrie Arms closed till when???

Just dropped by Valkyrie Arms this afternoon to pick up my lower. But the shop was closed and there was a notice saying that they were closed in preparation for annual inventory audit. It didn't say when they will re-open and calling them only got answering machine that didn't give much info. Does anyone know when they will re-open?

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason
for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member

No idea, but it's been closed since Wednesday. I've been calling them occasionally to check when they are open as it is a half an hour drive each direction from my house.

I would like an update as well...
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Why would they close during an audit...
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 AM

The notice said they were closed to prepare for inventory check.

Old 12-01-2012, 2:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Drove all the way from Watsonville in the pounding rain over 17 only to discover a sign in the window. Nothing on the website either I was told. If they're closed for inventory, shouldn't someone be there taking inventory? And how long could it take to inventory the place, not all that much in there.
Strange and annoying.
Old 12-01-2012, 4:06 AM

Hopefully someone knows something. I just transfered a pistol there and haven't heard if it arrived or not. Wish they were better about notifying their customers either via their website or voice mail. In fact most times when I call there the voice mail box just says it's full and cuts off. This would be my first transaction with them and I don't have a good first impression so far.
Old 12-01-2012, 5:19 AM
Banned

not good for those of you with firearms in DROS jail...hope for the best plan for the worst.

sorry for your loss
Old 12-01-2012, 7:50 AM

Yeah, WTH is with this place?? Finally had time to go check out the new location, thinking they may have a larger selection now.... and I get there and it's closed for inventory. What?? Must be nice to able to close for days just to count stuff. There has to be more to it than that.

I'll never go back there again. It's just a weird place. Makes me wonder who is writing all the great reviews you see here and elsewhere. I had been to the previous location a few times, and it was either packed with their friends, or they really had nothing special. They also just kinda gave me a weird vibe/stare when walking in each time. Not impressed at all.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:09 AM

Just cross our fingers that it's nothing more than a few days of "inconvenience" ... I have two lowers DROS with them ... others have much more at stake than me ...

Old 12-01-2012, 8:33 AM

Good luck...sounds like something has happened. Never impressed with their back alley store feeling and lack of professional courteous staff.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:42 AM

I don't get why so many support this outfit.

I get that they do all the cool SEE stuff, but the lack of communication with customers over and over again really is a red flag for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 8:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have guns on order there I have been waiting 8 months for.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2012, 9:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Valkyrie Arms was a great shop when they were in Milpitas, they were very energetic

When I did an SSE transfer with them for my PPQ at the new location, I felt a lot of the energy was gone.

I hope this gets resolved quickly.
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43
Old 12-01-2012, 9:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Hope everything works out for all

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 12-01-2012, 9:59 AM

I hope more people get actual info before opining on what is going on with this business.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrara View Post
Valkyrie Arms was a great shop when they were in Milpitas, they were very energetic

When I did an SSE transfer with them for my PPQ at the new location, I felt a lot of the energy was gone.

I hope this gets resolved quickly.
What color was their aura on these visits? Did you notice if their Chi was off?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
I hope more people get actual info before opining on what is going on with this business.
To avoid unnecessary speculations, Valkyrie Arms should be more forthcoming in providing basic information like when they will be open again after their "inventory" and "audit". Being vague only draws unnecessary bad presses from customers.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
Fact...they don't have enough inventory to excuse being closed for even 1/2 a day to count it.

To be closed multiple days? Something is up, period.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

Hopefully it will all blow over, but given the number of complaints here in the past about their service (especially things like ordering guns, and apparently forgetting to do it - stuff that points to flakiness) I really do wonder what shape their paperwork is in. I hope we don't have a repeat of the Traders drama.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM

They told me 2 weeks on a pistol(sse). Pistol didnt come for 45 days. Finally got it,keep feeding me bs excuses.Bottom line,i got my pistol but it took forever.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 AM

If they closed on Wednesday and were still closed through yesterday, that's 3 full days to "inventory" a shop that doesn't have all that much to inventory. Closing during week (or during normal business hours) is highly unusual for inventory purposes. With the trade off of counting stuff instead of selling stuff (and earning revenue) something is clearly amiss. Inventory is usually done during off hours or on days the shop is normally closed. Strange for sure.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8HEATED View Post
They told me 2 weeks on a pistol(sse). Pistol didnt come for 45 days. Finally got it,keep feeding me bs excuses.Bottom line,i got my pistol but it took forever.
Sounds exactly like my experience buying my SCAR 16 from them a year ago. I was pulling my hair off during that one month agony. No way to run a reputable business IMO.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkphibr View Post
If they closed on Wednesday and were still closed through yesterday, that's 3 full days to "inventory" a shop that doesn't have all that much to inventory. Closing during week (or during normal business hours) is highly unusual for inventory purposes. With the trade off of counting stuff instead of selling stuff (and earning revenue) something is clearly amiss. Inventory is usually done during off hours or on days the shop is normally closed. Strange for sure.
Maybe they are inventorying their LE clothing, boots, and badges!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

Uh Oh, they are done! People who have guns on order and picking-up are screwed! LOL JK

Something is up. I've never heard of inventory closure. All my LGS are always open.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 AM

Only used them once for an SSE, but in that case they were upfront about not knowing how long it would take to get the pistol, so I was pleasantly surprised when it came in less than a month. Hopefully they get whatever is going on straightened out, otherwise I'll have to drive even farther to reach the next nearest SSE shop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM

They will never get another dime from me and they could have been my go to shop where I would have spent thousands of dollars on one gun and up. All the guys that made this place the spot to be are no longer their and they are nothing but incompetent liars who will try to rip you off anyway they can.

I leave my name and number for a rifle that I want, months later it comes in the wait time was not their fault I basically pre-ordered it months before release date. With Tim the manager at the time we agree on a price give or take 100 bucks still even 100 dollars more was fine with me.

Then it comes in and the owner calls me says I'm first in line but the price is 300-400 dollars more than what I was quoted. Say sorry I'll pass this time, then I find out he sales it to his buddy for the price that they originally quoted me. Man was I pissed trying to rip me off, then for many months back and forth I say to hell with it I really want it even at the higher price but now they mark it up about nearly 1000 dollars more if they can get one. Don't know if they said that because they couldn't get it or they didn't want to deal with me anymore. At that price no way in hell would I pay that.

To make it even worse I find a great deal out of state, they are on the FFL's list so I go for a transfer but the guy on the phone gives me the wrong info. The guy in the store says no he was wrong that they can't do the transfer etc basically wasting more of my time.

After all the headache I said forget them I'm not going their ever a again, besides they never have anything in stock anymore and when you want to order something it's like pulling teeth.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post

I leave my name and number for a rifle that I want, months later it comes in the wait time was not their fault I basically pre-ordered it months before release date. With Tim the manager at the time we agree on a price give or take 100 bucks still even 100 dollars more was fine with me.
Are they under new ownership?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM

Just dropped by Valkyrie Arms to try my luck even though nobody picked up the phone. Surprised to find the front gates open and a couple of employees in there! But they are only allowing pick up currently and I got one of my lowers! They said they should reopen by Monday or Tuesday.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 AM

I've got a gen 4 Glock tied up in there. My waiting period was up on Monday, and I came from Monterey to pick it up this weekend... What could potentially happen during this audit, and is it likely that I will still receive my Glock in the near future?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Is this a bashing thread or thread about the why they are closed and when they will reopen?

One member had already picked up a lower which means that things are being released. Let’s take a step back before we jump to conclusions.

-------
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaneRZ View Post
Something is up. I've never heard of inventory closure. All my LGS are always open.
I've seen LGS's close for inventory before. As an example, Turner's usually does individual store closures the end of December for inventory.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM

They are shady when they are open, customer service is terrible! I shopped there when they first opened but not anymore..
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Banned

I liked them a lot better in Milpitas than I do at their new location.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM

CRAP!!! now im worried...ive had a AK47 on order there for over 3 months now, already paid for it and everything. they keep saying their wholesaler is behind on shipments, but i see the same exact gun in stock at rifle gear...

ARGH....sucks to hear so many people having similar complaints....i really wanted to like this shop, i had good communication with the staff and i really like their selection post obama elections..now they barely have anything on the shelf and everything is "backordered"......SUCKS.

i really want to buy one of their AR pistol lowers too but they are NEVER in stock!
Old 12-01-2012, 1:38 PM

I heard Tim is no longer their he was the guy to talk to a former manager, you could just talk to him to and hang out and he made you really want to make purchases from the store. Was planning on buying a nearly 3K rifle and at least 1K or so in accessories and ammo for one purchase. Not including any future buys. Not anymore thank god I only bought a few odds and ends while waiting for the rifle that never came at the agreed upon price.

But the owner I think his name is Steve the big bald guy he was the one that tried to weasel nearly 400 bucks more out from me, he couldn't even come down a lousy 100 dollars.

Even though the new store is now down the street from my place, the parking sucks and they have more space for their empty shelves.

I'll say this if you want SSE they are one of the only games in town, so you have to put up with their crap, but for a rifle anyone and I mean anyone can do better and for a better price.

Best advice if you have anything on order make them give you a date in writing worse case the latest by and if they can't deliver on time then go else where. I've seen them BS customers acting like they had to bend over backwards to get the gun and that's why it took way longer than it should have.
Old 12-01-2012, 2:13 PM
Calguns Addict

I also have a pistol that I've bought and paid for up front. Going on 2 months, with still no update. I have called periodically to ask what's going on, same old sh*t on the excuses. I asked about possibly getting my money back, and they want to charge me a restocking fee?!? Really?!? For a handgun, I didn't get in the first place.
Old 12-01-2012, 3:27 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe it's an ATF audit?
Old 12-01-2012, 3:36 PM
Veteran Member

Waiting to see what delevops...
Old 12-01-2012, 4:58 PM
Veteran Member

They have updated their voicemail, it now says they are "closed for inventory and audit" (does not say what kind of audit), and to please call back when they reopen (does not give a date).

Another interesting point is that the Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountian View is going through a fed audit right now, perhaps the same is happening to Valkyrie?

If they are being audited it migh not even be for the firearms stuff. I know the cop clothing they sell comes with some pretty heafty reporting requirements also. For those that don't know they provide the official uniforms to many of the departments around here (SJPD, CHP, SMSO, etc).

Last edited by unusedusername; 12-01-2012 at 5:00 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 6:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It is weird. I dropped in on Tuesday and there was NOTHING on the wall and a single built up AR lower in the case. Their story then was they have just been selling out of everything. If that's the case then the inventory should take about 8 minutes.
If Tim has left then that would explain a lot.
An earlier poster is right. Things were better before they left Milpitas.
I hope these issues, whatever they are get resolved happily.