Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 AM

Default Are Our Legislators Fit to Hold the Office?

I am recuperating from surgery and have a lot of time on my hands. Consequently, I have been doing a lot of thinking, mostly about the sad state of California and our representatives.

I worked in public school transportation for 26 years. Drivers, mechanics, supervisors and all management in Transportation were required to random, reasonable suspicion, and pre-employment drug testing. There are some who fall through the cracks, but overall, the school bus drivers in California are some of the safest drivers on the road.

Lately I have been reading about professors and legislators who have been arrested for DUI and also promoting the use of drugs, legal or otherwise. Why is it we must subject our children to those professionals who would lead them down the path of death and destruction? Shouldn't our politicians and professors be subject to the same standards as bus drivers? How many politicians or professors could stand up to that kind of scrutiny? Yet shouldn't they be?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:31 AM

*clarification edit* I answered Yes to the OP's last question.

As far as if they're fit to lead, no. Emphatically no.

Orcrist for Governor!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Squatch; 05-25-2018 at 12:58 PM..
Old 05-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Just from you title
Answer is NO

From your post, I like you, believe what's good for us should be the standard for them.

Will it happen...oh no..not a chance, but would be nice to see wouldn't it ?
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM

Well, some of them openly detest the US Constitution, and the majority of their laws are contradictory to it. So no, most of them are not fit for office. Unfortunately, the Ninth Circus is ok with this, as are about half of the Supreme Court.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:04 AM

Politicians and law enforcement were the people we revered a while back and not the people many of us dislike like we do now. They were never allowed to exclude themselves from the laws that we had to obey and when their service time was done either voluntarily or by being voted out they went back to whatever they did before going into politics. No retirement and no lifelong benefits for a mere eight years of service. How did we get this far out of whack in this state much less the country? A citizenry without weapons for self defense is less likely to revolt than a citizenry that is armed. Did our forefathers listen to crooked courts or their hearts when they fought to create this country by default? the courts are no longer elected by us but appointed by the very people who are ruining this country.

Last edited by big red; 05-25-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 PM

We can make changes by legal means. We can get referendums on the ballot by a majority of voters. It is not hopeless!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation

In CA? No.

Next question.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:55 PM

There are some good politicians out there, such as Thune, Ryan and Gowdy. We need to appeal to them to move measures forward to start to right our system.