Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 88 8.33%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 696 65.85%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 24 2.27%
I paid too much for my Membership! 47 4.45%
They will go out of business this year! 31 2.93%
Don't want anything to do with them! 171 16.18%
Voters: 1057. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 8:37 AM

abundantjerry thanks for the post. That is the link i recently purchased off of so i think i am good to go. Although it sounds like we will have to buy into the spectacular opportunity when it is finally revealed....
Old 07-09-2012, 9:15 AM

I'm a new Diamond member and am still waiting for FS to process my membership. As a result, I may not receive the "spectacular news" that Piazza said he'd release today. I'm not convinced it will be as sensational as they're making it out to be, but I am curious. Will someone please post the news to this thread once it comes out?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpeck View Post
I'm a new Diamond member and am still waiting for FS to process my membership. As a result, I may not receive the "spectacular news" that Piazza said he'd release today. I'm not convinced it will be as sensational as they're making it out to be, but I am curious. Will someone please post the news to this thread once it comes out?

When and where did he say he would release the new today??????
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeee54 View Post
abundantjerry thanks for the post. That is the link i recently purchased off of so i think i am good to go. Although it sounds like we will have to buy into the spectacular opportunity when it is finally revealed....
I contacted FS and it WILL be a buy in opportunity. It will not be quite as it sounds....

I have heard a few folks on here thinking they would get all the extras in the emails just for being a lifetime member with TBD memberships remaining. This is not going to be the case. It will cost $$....

Old 07-09-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk556 View Post
When and where did he say he would release the new today??????
Piazza's "Laugh out loud of the week" email dated 7/812 said this was the very last chance to join before he releases his "spectacular news on Monday." He said Monday twice in the email.

I'm a life member now, but I don't think their database knows it yet, so I don't want to miss the announcement. Probably not possible to miss it anyway, lol.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 AM

Isn't every email your last oppertunity?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range Rat View Post
Yes. Lol. The distinction is that this time he specified a release date. Of course, who knows if he'll stick to it.

I don't think I'll take advantage of this news anyway, but I am curious.

Last edited by cbpeck; 07-09-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Range Rat View Post
yep. until the next one.
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.
Old 07-09-2012, 2:14 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

I was at Front Sight last week for the 4 Night Defensive Handgun course. Great class by the way!

Anyhow, Nash was there Tuesday night for the July 4th festivities. He did NOT announce what the Spectacular Announcement was but did say it will NOT be ready for another couple weeks. He did a lot of talking around the subject and what I got from his talk, as well as from talking with a lot of other members there, was that it would be regarding another new facility, with Houston and Florida being the top spots. You can read my earlier posting in this thread in regards to the rumored Houston facility.
Old 07-10-2012, 7:40 AM

Well, Monday has come & gone. Did anybody hear anything?

I think acegunnr is probably right on. Of course, who knows how long a couple weeks is to Naish.
Old 07-10-2012, 7:52 AM

"Purchased in the past" is preetty plain lanuage indicaing existing members are part of the deal.
I've found that information varies depending on who you speak with in the office. "Bob" doesn't seem to fit the cooperative corporate FS mold. Everyone else seems to be very friendly....or maybe it's just me.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Nope, its not just you. I too have noticed that Bob is less friendly than others.
Old 07-15-2012, 6:55 AM

Aaaaaand another extension.
Monday at 1 pm PST. Gee we should all buy lots of diamond memberships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2012, 8:28 AM

Yes, sadly those of us that didn't buy during the current "Spectacular News" promotion may be out in the cold as I read this mornings "Last Chance" email. Even though previous emails indicated any memberships purchased in the past would receive the extra memberships, it might not apply to some of us dinosaur members.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM

We'll, its 1:05 & this diamond member didn't get an email about the spectacular news. I did get a teaser with 3 short videos @ 12:40, but nothing since. Maybe he's just running a little late.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:14 PM
The Kilted One
CGN Contributor

1:14pm and still nothing. Maybe he knows I didn't watch the 3 videos and now I'm SOL. Bummer.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Got mine after I finished the third video!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:20 PM

I watcheed all 3 & no email, so that's not it.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Sight Email
BE READY FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT. When we hit the SEND button to send you the announcement via e-mail, you will receive it between 1:00pm to 3:00pm PST depending on what position you are in our current e-mail list. The longer you have been a lifetime member and on my e-mail list, the earlier you will receive your e-mail.
I caught this when I read the email previously.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I caught this when I read the email previously.
Interesting, I have only been a member for about a week, lol, so maybe that explains why I didn't get the email you quote or today's 1 pm announcement.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM

I still got nothing. Maybe 3pm?
Old 07-16-2012, 1:01 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

I've got the email ... interesting deal for about $5k. From the email, it's pretty clear that FS is opening up one or more locations somewhere else in the U.S.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 07-16-2012, 1:02 PM

Well, I just got the email... a whole lotta hype that may turn into substance, but nothing concrete yet.
Old 07-16-2012, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieTactics View Post
I've got the email ... interesting deal for about $5k. From the email, it's pretty clear that FS is opening up one or more locations somewhere else in the U.S.
The third video mentioned a location in Texas:

http://www.frontsight.com/testimonia...nials.asp#vid3

I did not get the announcement yet.
Old 07-16-2012, 1:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Interesting, I have only been a member for about a week, lol, so maybe that explains why I didn't get the email you quote or today's 1 pm announcement.
Quote:
Well, I just got the email... a whole lotta hype that may turn into substance, but nothing concrete yet.
well that puts the lie to the premise that how long you've been a member will determine when you receive the email.
i've been a diamond lifetime member for years and ain't got no email yet...
NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
Old 07-16-2012, 1:29 PM
The Kilted One
CGN Contributor

I just got the email. I'll be passing on this super stupendous outrageous awesome amazing offer.
Old 07-16-2012, 1:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

got it.
meh.
Old 07-16-2012, 1:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
well that puts the lie to the premise that how long you've been a member will determine when you receive the email.
i've been a diamond lifetime member for years and ain't got no email yet...
How long a member AND when put on the mailing list. Don't forget that last part.
Old 07-16-2012, 2:31 PM

We really shouldn't be surprised, right? Naish has used the same marketing formula for years. Every single offer is sesationalized to encourage us to snap it up on the spot, but most are no better than yesterday's offer or the one that comes tomorrow. I also think the limitations on availability are fabricated. I'd bet my membership that FS will sell as many of these current offers as they can, despite the advertized limit of 500... just like the FMK pistols.
There's no question they're working diligently to cash flow their expansion efforts. I really hope it works... on someone else's dime.
Old 07-16-2012, 2:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The 500 early responders get the 2-for-1 deal. Many more than 1000 memberships will be available. He wants to continue driving the number of memberships (and hopefully members) exponentially. Even if you assume that you can sell the promotional memberships for $100 each, the return on investment is clear for members that have bought/sold TBD memberships in the past.
Old 07-16-2012, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
The 500 early responders get the 2-for-1 deal. Many more than 1000 memberships will be available. He wants to continue driving the number of memberships (and hopefully members) exponentially. Even if you assume that you can sell the promotional memberships for $100 each, the return on investment is clear for members that have bought/sold TBD memberships in the past.
So it sounds like you are purchasing this promotion. If so, great! I hope it works out well for you, and it probably will.

My point was that they'll probably come up with some reason why there are now more than 500 2-for-1 deals available at this price. History shows that they always do this. The first deadline is never the last.

I'm in Washing State, so the speculated new facilities are of little interest to me. Now if they started a travelling training program then i'd be interested & might even be willing to upgrade my membership.
Old 07-16-2012, 3:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So it sounds like you are purchasing this promotion. If so, great! I hope it works out well for you, and it probably will.

My point was that they'll probably come up with some reason why there are now more than 500 2-for-1 deals available at this price. History shows that they always do this. The first deadline is never the last.

I'm in Washing State, so the speculated new facilities are of little interest to me. Now if they started a travelling training program then i'd be interested & might even be willing to upgrade my membership.
Actually, I remain undecided. One, I don't have an interested immediate-family-member that would qualify for the 2-for-1 promotion. And, although I might be able to recoup the cost of the promotion through selling memberships, I choose not to become a salesmen because I don't enjoy it. Otherwise, I would be selling for a living.

I like the traveling training program idea but I don't think that is in the cards for FS in the near term.
Old 07-16-2012, 4:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

too much like amway/pyramid scheme for me.
not into it.
Old 07-16-2012, 5:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

But just think . . . if you can get 10 people . . . and they can get 10 people . . .
Old 07-16-2012, 5:23 PM

Sucks for my buddy. He bought 2 diamond memberships with the intention of upgrading himself and his wife from a lower membership status. It was part of a promo package offering. However, FS won't upgrade his wife's membership. They said the promo package is to upgrade one person and the others are for new members only. The ad says otherwise and FS even admitted that their wording is misleading. They are making him either buy another promo package or add more money to what he already paid to get his wife's membership upgraded.
Old 07-16-2012, 7:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Anybody going to take the leap and buy the mega ultra membership upgrade?
I would be happy to if you sponsor me

Old 07-16-2012, 8:06 PM

I find it interesting that the "spectacular news" (first installment) really doesn't include any news at all. We're all speculating about a Texas and/or Florida location, but the spectacular news doesn't officially confirm that either of these exist, let alone when they will be up and running. Sure, the email alludes to additional facilities in the future, but as far as "spectacular news" goes, this release has left me wanting.
Old 07-16-2012, 8:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

And, the hurdle to find out more info is significant.
Old 07-16-2012, 9:43 PM

Default Big News Big Deal

So for $4900 you get the special hat, the special shirt, and the special pin! A bunch of memberships that are currently sold for $125. Buy in now and we'll tell you about some other benefits too! I'm not really sure if spending almost $5K gets you much more than a $200 diamond membership. I like FS and the classes and the purpose but I'll pass on the Kool-aid.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

but he has to make sure you are one of the trusted believers!
then he can reveal the extra super special secret squirrel news to you!!!
textbook direct sell methods.
turn your loyal customers into salespeople...
insulting.
i hope they continue to offer quality training, b/c that's the redeeming quality here.
Closed Thread