Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-30-2017, 10:25 AM

I think that everyone should give OP a break. We need more people like him looking out for each other. We can insert a million "what ifs", but the main point is that he thought someone was in need and he went to their cry. As a Marine vet, that goes a long way with me. Mentioning the CCW and gun was a bit too much info for the Officers, but he gets points in my book for having HEART. The people saying he should've stayed inside and look out a window, is why we as a State will continue to get hosed by the politicians. They love to hear that, "stay inside and wait for the knight in the black and white to show up"...Pathetic.
Old 05-31-2017, 6:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broham85 View Post
I think that everyone should give OP a break. We need more people like him looking out for each other. We can insert a million "what ifs", but the main point is that he thought someone was in need and he went to their cry. As a Marine vet, that goes a long way with me. Mentioning the CCW and gun was a bit too much info for the Officers, but he gets points in my book for having HEART. The people saying he should've stayed inside and look out a window, is why we as a State will continue to get hosed by the politicians. They love to hear that, "stay inside and wait for the knight in the black and white to show up"...Pathetic.

I agree.

Just ask yourself what you'd want someone else to do if it was your wife, mom or girlfriend in need of assistance...
Old 05-31-2017, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broham85 View Post
+1
CA - Done
Old 05-31-2017, 9:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post
I agree.

Just ask yourself what you'd want someone else to do if it was your wife, mom or girlfriend in need of assistance...
+1
I couldn't agree more!!!
CA - Done
Old 05-31-2017, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
My mom and sister can handle themselves. If i hear screaming from outside and everyone i care about is inside I'm not going to lead that problem back to the people i love.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2017, 7:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman321 View Post
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

Amen!
Old 06-03-2017, 8:18 PM

I wish you would have given more details from the jump and not some here and some there.

You ask for people's opinion yet failed to provide the info.

I stopped reading all the replies that needed more information. Next time include the details that way there is less back and forth.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:41 AM

I'm all for helping someone in need. I would not potentially commit suicide by inserting myself in the middle of a gang war, but I would help a woman who is being raped. My one and only input to this story is this:

The gun comes only out if shooting the criminal would be justified.

That eliminates all cases where somebody is outside their home with a firearm in plain sight.
Old 06-11-2017, 3:38 AM

Op sounds like he thinks he's a soldier and everyone else sounds like a bunch of pussies.

What happened to helping out your fellow man if they are in a tough spot?

With that said...if i see a woman screaming things outside...i'll first take a look. When i decide that she's crazy or on drugs....then i will call the cops and remain inside. There is nothing crazier than a crazy woman.

You don't just run outside with a drawn gun because you hear something. That is a recipe for disaster....

With that said...if you do see someone being raped...then you act in the appropriate fashion.
Old 06-13-2017, 6:04 PM

Just so it's clear, I did have my gun holstered, never reached for it, never put my hand on it. It was left concealed and once I saw the girl was not in danger I backed away not inserting myself in the situation.