Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Primary Arms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 11:55 PM

Default You Lost Sale to RifleGear

To the Management of Primary Arms,

Customer Feedback:

I was sorry to hear from my sister-in-law ( who I personally recommended and directed to your website because of past purchases ) that her legitimate web order to purchase a Eotech EXPS3-4 for $618 was somehow cancelled a few days after it was accepted by your sales system last week.

The Eotech was to be a surprise birthday gift to her brother who was to use it for a tactical carbine course this weekend.

I am not quite sure of why the order was cancelled even after it was accepted by your sales system and her Credit Card was charged.

Precious time was wasted waiting for the optic that was never destined to arrive. It was only after she called your office today and talked to the manager to inquire and confirm delivery that she found out that the sale was actually cancelled at your end and that a refund her credit card was to be issued?!

In any event because of this incident and the impending date of the carbine training course, her business was given to Riflegear of Fountain Valley, California.

So at this point I really cannot recommend your web site anymore to my friends and family.
Old 09-21-2012, 4:47 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I will dig into this and figured out what happened.

Update:

Did not pass our fraud checks. Just becasue a credit card sale is approved does not mean we get paid. Internet fraud is rampant. Costs us thousands of dollars and is a $190 Billion dollar problem every year for on line merchants.

In this case billing and shipping didn't match. First red flag but that happens so we call. Person that answered did not remember what was ordered. Unfortunately that is a classics tip off and we sent a email to cancel the sale and voided the charge.

In this case we lost a sale and a legitimate customer was inconvenienced. If there is anything I can personally do to make up for it please contact me.
Contact me at: Marshall@Primaryarms.com

Last edited by marsh1; 09-21-2012 at 5:16 AM..
Old 09-21-2012, 7:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh1 View Post
I will dig into this and figured out what happened.

Update:

Did not pass our fraud checks. Just becasue a credit card sale is approved does not mean we get paid. Internet fraud is rampant. Costs us thousands of dollars and is a $190 Billion dollar problem every year for on line merchants.

In this case billing and shipping didn't match. First red flag but that happens so we call. Person that answered did not remember what was ordered. Unfortunately that is a classics tip off and we sent a email to cancel the sale and voided the charge.

In this case we lost a sale and a legitimate customer was inconvenienced. If there is anything I can personally do to make up for it please contact me.
And this is why I have no problem giving Marshall at Primary Arms my business. In fact I just ordered some Seekins stuff last night. I can understand the frustration of the OP's sister. It's a function of the world we live in and all the societal failures we have.

Ownership of an issue that is really not theirs is what separates good service from great service.
Old 09-21-2012, 5:49 AM

This is an unfortunate incident. Marshall and the guys at PA have always been top notch in most everyone's book. Maybe give them a second chance to make good if opportunity allows.
Old 09-21-2012, 7:03 AM
In Memoriam

News to me. I've always had stellar service and shipping from PA.
-g
Old 09-21-2012, 7:18 AM
Veteran Member

Glad the OP posted this so we could get feed back from PA and see that they are still a class act, always received great service and great product from them. Keep up the good work PA.
Old 09-21-2012, 8:10 AM

Thank you for your response.

I know from past experience your service was top notch and I was very happy with your customer service so I was very saddened to hear that this sale did not go through.

Just as some further feedback, my sister-in-law has no clue about gun related stuff.

She just asked me what her brother would want for his birthday that was around the $500 mark and I said an rifle optic for his LWRC SPR.

So instead of directing her to the usual Amazon.com for an Internet purchase I directed her to your website because of my past experience with your outfit.

Out of my extended family there are really only 2 of us that shoot as a recreation. The rest simply are neither for, nor againts, the sport but they all have no clue about gun related stuff, yet they are willing to buy gun paraphernalia for us as gifts.

So as some feedback, I just want to make you aware that there will be a base of customers who do call and make orders, who will have no clue of what they ordered simply because they were directed by a friend or relative to order a particular piece of gun gear for a loved one.

In this case my sister in law had no clue what a $600+ EoTech does, but she was very happy to buy one for her brother as his birthday gift.

Other than a slight loss of face to my relative on my part because of this incident, everything will work out this weekend during our carbine course and I hope my brother-in-law will be happy with his new optic.

Thank you again for your quick response.

Last edited by supernachos; 09-21-2012 at 5:30 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-07-2012, 8:48 AM

Well handled Marsh, hope to do a transaction soon.

AR15 PARTS AND OTHER STUFF FREE SHIP
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10493071