Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 09-19-2011, 7:02 PM
Veteran Member

Appleseed = WIN
Old 09-19-2011, 7:32 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^ +1!!!

Appleseed = what Charlie Sheen pretended to be
Old 09-20-2011, 10:06 AM

I was there with my 15yr old son, was a great experience for both of us! The event was great, the only complaint I have is in reagard to getting the info out ahead of time - despite searching several different locations & going to Turners (sponsor) to get info I could find no information on what to bring or what to expect untill the evening before the event I got an email w/ a link in it. This info would have been much more valuable a month ago - and still the info could have been better. The execution of the event was fantastic! Will definately be back to try to earn a rifleman's patch.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed. Maybe have a page just on what to bring and what to expect. Along with a daily schedule of events. I overpack so it's whatever but you know, others might not.
Old 09-26-2011, 4:53 PM
Made in the USA

sorry for bumping the thread guys... but the Midway Matt is back on sale (those that were following the thread a few pages back will know what I'm talking about - I'm too lazy to find it and quote it)...

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=169107

so is a bunch of other Midway product...

http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/d...tNum=103295251
Old 09-26-2011, 6:52 PM
Veteran Member

The $25 mat is a great value but if you are going to pay the same shipping, consider the bigger mat. I saw both at the shoot and the extra length and width will make a difference at a place like burro or raahauge's where it's all dirt.
Old 09-27-2011, 7:19 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
The $25 mat is a great value but if you are going to pay the same shipping, consider the bigger mat. I saw both at the shoot and the extra length and width will make a difference at a place like burro or raahauge's where it's all dirt.
the large one is $5 more shipping ($10.40small, $15.21large to So Cal) - but even with slightly higher shipping, you're right the larger mat is probably a better choice.

The large one is on sale right now too... I might pick it up (my current mat is pretty narrow)...
Old 09-27-2011, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
the large one is $5 more shipping ($10.40small, $15.21large to So Cal) - but even with slightly higher shipping, you're right the larger mat is probably a better choice.

The large one is on sale right now too... I might pick it up (my current mat is pretty narrow)...
Neither mat is going to be thick enough for burro or raahauge's. At Corona I had a blanket folded in half and the thiner mat on top and it still wasn't enough padding. You'll definitely want somthing like a yoga mat or thick piece of padding underneath the mat itself. I was sore two days later after a weekend of prone at raahauge's and burro is just like raahauge's.
Old 09-28-2011, 6:15 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog333 View Post
Neither mat is going to be thick enough for burro or raahauge's. At Corona I had a blanket folded in half and the thiner mat on top and it still wasn't enough padding. You'll definitely want somthing like a yoga mat or thick piece of padding underneath the mat itself. I was sore two days later after a weekend of prone at raahauge's and burro is just like raahauge's.
I was at Corona and I've been to Burro.. The mat I have isnt real thick either (so I'm used to it)... personally I dont need a real thick cushy mat - I prefer all my gear to be as compact as possible for more efficient carry...

A thick mat will roll up thick and extra padding is extra carry (small roll is preferred for me) - this is just my preference though - I'm sure your needs are shared by others as well, so it is something for some people to consider
Old 09-29-2011, 6:38 AM
Veteran Member

Wtf? I paid $21 for shipping on the large mat which was $50. The total was $142 for 2 mats.

In any event, I thought it was plenty thick for my purposes at Raahauges. I had no problems laying on it all day. I was sure but I blame that on the shooting positions more than anything else.