Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 07-11-2014, 3:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
FYI ... he is reviewing the FastFire II ..... not the FastFire III .... Also it's not a Vs. review, it was more Vs. the RMR the FastFire just got talked about a bit as compared.

Some things he says that are negative about the FastFire is due to it being the #2 model and not #3 among other things as well (battery replacement without taking it off, III is 3moa and II is 4moa, auto shutoff, etc.)

Plus I do agree the Vortex is Killer with a great warranty, love the button placement, nice build, BUT I would never consider it for my handgun needs as its pretty large and not a slim optic like the other top end DP and RMR optics, and even bigger then the FastFire models.

But were talking about a $180-200 optic vs. $480-500 optic.

Gotta keep it fair based on price really and not a good review to compare it to ... but mostly he try in the video to compare it more to the RMR, it wasn't a FastFire vs. Razor review ... it was a Razor review by itself and talked about the lower and higher end optics as compared is all.

If I were to spend 500 bucks I would be saving a few bucks more and just get the RMR .... but I would never spend that much (not needing to take it to battle or anything you know) so the most I would go would be the DeltaPoint 2 at the $350-400 range as that one is Pure quality and recommended highly at In My Opinion the most you could ask a consumer to spend on a tiny mini reflex sight (the around 500+ dollar stuff is just simply nuts to me).

For me the price and warranty and overall solid reviews Trumped Everything Else ... and I'm not one who is gonna drop the thing, go rolling around on the ground abusing my optic, etc. etc.
I'm a stand at a range booth and fire at paper guy ... Thats It, and the Burris is perfect for that seems like (as he called it "a hobby sight" ... and that's exactly what it is for me).... nothing justified the hundreds and hundreds of extra dollars. If I stepped up I would go DeltaPoint, Then after that the Vortex Razor, then after that the RMR ... But the Burris beat em all for me based on what I said before.

And this is just based on reviews, price and warranty for me ... I have not yet used it or anything so until I do I can't say if it's a winner or not ... but if not I would be moving up to the DP2 and call it a day .... the Vortex IMHO is just to much money for what it is I think and NOT worth 300 extra dollars over the Burris or even a 100 over the DP2.

Anyway ... all of these options of course have their Pros and Cons ... thats why one is 200 bucks and other are 600 bucks.

Whatever one works best for us and out needs should be the one to go with ... so much wasted money on these kind of things to just say you have the best of the best .... they have there certain use and if you need the massive use then it's worth it ... just not for some others is all.

Thanks for all the feedback and replies here guys ... it's awesome!
That is pretty useful information right there.......

Thanks for taking the time.

Personally, I'd have a hard time justifying the cost of the vortex razor.....

It is SWEET!!!!!! Love the thing.......

But... I picked it up off a prize table. I didnt do the comparison shopping you did. I just ended up with it. And THEN researched it.... And I'm impressed. It really is nice. But without winning one, I'd have a hard time justifying the price to myself.... Though anything in the "razor" line is top tier. Their razor scopes are top notch.

I would point out however. The part I bolded.... It is not important how *you* use it.... I've read about people propping up rifles and have them fall..... My own competition rifle was accidentally kicked over while on the ground on a bipod, so it landed right on the scope...... Tougher is better for real life- even being careful....

In any case, I dont think you went wrong with the burris.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Heck ya ... thats make it WAY worth it!!! I would take any of em for free (or maybe cheap coming from a prize table, entry fee, ticket fee, etc.) , and you got one of the good ones for basically nothing at that!

That Is Awesome!!!

Ya spending that kind of money for my every other month shooting range needs makes Zero Sense for me ... I could never spend 2/3's of what I spent on the entire gun on a little optic. red-dot, but that's just me I know.

And ya I know what you mean, accidents happen and I'm sure the more expensive options like the RMR would hold up to that abuse better then my FastFire ... I'll just try and be careful as much as I can.

BUT the nice thing about that is if it stops working or gets damaged Burris has a Lifetime Forever Warranty no questions asked!!! So I know the others may take the abuse but the others may not and those can;t be replaced bast there warranty period ... the Burris can be repaired or replaced for the life of the optic.
THAT alone not to mention the huge price savings just really just as good of a red dot for all intensive purposes was a no brainer like I said.

I know it sounds like I'm advocating the FastFire .. I'm not ... I have not even used it yet who knows it may not work I dunno ... but Many others have it and use and they have nothing but good things to say so I'm sure I'll be okay there.
I just know for the Lifetime Warranty, Under $200, and installs and works like a charm out of the box on my M&P CORE it was a done deal and I LOVE the way it looks and seems to operate ... if it zero's in and stay I will be a Mega happy camper.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 PM

Added the Burris FastFire III to the M&P C.O.R.E Compatible Optic List to represent the correct plate and screws needed to easily install.

Will work the same with a FFII as well from what I gather.

S&W never added it to the "compatible" list not that it doesn't fit like a glove with that plate and screw combo but it does not perfectly co-witness so they never saw it as being a reflex do add to the list because of that one feature that they talk about and the FF does not do is all.
I have no need for the co-witness capability (why would I want to use the irons through the glass at the range ... I can see a need for it in competition but not a casual range shooter like myself).
Old 09-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Any updates on anyone's reflex optics they are using on their pistols?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Calguns Addict

The RMR on my G19 is still running like a champ. Holds zero and no issues in about 1200 rnds.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member

Wow that Burris looks like a great option
Old 09-18-2014, 7:08 AM
Veteran Member

I had a FFII on a Ruger MkIII for a while, no issues with it. Battery lasted a year or so of near-weekly range trips before 22LR became impossible to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 10-28-2014, 11:12 AM

here ya go!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=998535
Old 11-16-2014, 11:11 PM

Zero'ed in the Fastfire III yesterday .... Shot Like A CHAMP for a few hundred rounds non-stop!!!

A winner so far in my book for the price

If it holds zero for some time to come I am SO Happy I went this route and saved the money.

The co-witness of sights is pointless for me as I only shoot this at the range (if the battery goes dead I've got another on hand, and I do not shoot competition or anything so the irons really just get in my way to be honest.)

Very pleased so far!