Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:20 AM

Default Mini reflex sights?

Hi, I was looking at picking up a miniature reflex sight to throw on rifles and pistols whenever I feel like. I know the Trijicon is a good one but it's pretty darn expensive. Who makes a decent mini reflex sight at a lower price? I know a few companies make them but I was looking at the Primary Arms one; only issue is they're out of stock and have been for a while. Aside from Trijicon, who makes a good one?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

I think I read Burris Fastfires are pretty good. See them a lot on all sorts of weapons.

I don't own one though, so I'm just repeating what I read and see
Old 05-25-2014, 2:24 PM
Calguns Addict

The Burris is the best you will find under $400 or so.
Old 05-25-2014, 5:49 PM
Veteran Member

Docter III have been torture tested to be tougher than the rmr. The housing withstood more pressure etc. The Docter II are pretty tough and can be bought for @ 200 new. The II where the back up dots that most door kickers ran on top of their ACOGS before Trigicon came out with the RMR. The RMR, Docter, PA, and FastFire use the same mounting platform.
Old 05-27-2014, 8:54 AM
Vendor/Retailer

The FastFire is a good product at half the price of Leupold's Deltapoint.

The FastFire II is still available, but the III adds some worthwhile improvements. The FastFire II has auto-adjusting brightness, but no presets. the FastFire III has auto-adjusting brightness, PLUS preset brightnesses. The FastFire II must be removed for a battery change, the battery on the FastFire III can be changed without removing the optic.

FastFire II:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-f...ire-sight.html

FastFire III:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-f...nny-mount.html

DeltaPoint 3.5 dot:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-...5-moa-dot.html

DeltaPoint 7.0 dot:
http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-...5-moa-dot.html

Mark H.

OpticsPlanet
http://www.opticsplanet.com
Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
Send us a private message if we can be of help!
Old 05-27-2014, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti View Post
Hi, I was looking at picking up a miniature reflex sight to throw on rifles and pistols whenever I feel like. I know the Trijicon is a good one but it's pretty darn expensive. Who makes a decent mini reflex sight at a lower price? I know a few companies make them but I was looking at the Primary Arms one; only issue is they're out of stock and have been for a while. Aside from Trijicon, who makes a good one?

Thanks!
Response to emphasized portion:

I believe the Primary Arms Reflex Sight ($80) has never been in stock, its a new item and the page states ETA: June 2014.

When they do that, I think it's so that they can describe what's coming, gather email notification requests to anticipate demand and send out the emails to interested customers when it becomes available.
Old 06-06-2014, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliberetta View Post
Response to emphasized portion:

I believe the Primary Arms Reflex Sight ($80) has never been in stock, its a new item and the page states ETA: June 2014.

When they do that, I think it's so that they can describe what's coming, gather email notification requests to anticipate demand and send out the emails to interested customers when it becomes available.
Okay gotcha. They made it seem like they were sold out and were waiting on a new shipment from their supplier. Weird.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:50 PM

Any updates here?

Anyone buy one of these optics?

Looking to buy one for my new M&P9 Pro CORE but not gonna be spending 400+ dollar son something like that .. now way.

Tossing around the Burris FastFire III for the about $225 price tag. PA has theirs in stock for 90 bucks now but I can't detail on it at all from them on quality, whether it will mount using handgun mounting plates etc. so that worries me (not to mention at 90 bucks it;s gotta be VERY low quality, but I have their 4X Prism scope that's an ACOG knock off at $270 and it's STELLAR so who knows).

The DeltaPoint is an option but man spending almost 400 bucks on something like is NUTS to me ... it's the cost of a new damn gun really ... just way overpriced IMHO.

I was gonna create a new thread talking about Handgun (especially those with M&P CORE) mounted optics but I figured I would try and piggy back off something like this to get more info (don;t want to create to many threads, people get grumpy when that happens).

So anyone tried any of these optics on their optic ready (or milled etc.) handguns at all?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Just remember putting a mrds on a centerfire handgun slide is about as violent as it gets for handheld weapons and you really get what you pay for.

You can cheap out if you are putting it on a rifle, but not a pistol.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Veteran Member

Burris Fast Fire. Works great on my .308 rifle and .40S&W pistol. Holds zero.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Just remember putting a mrds on a centerfire handgun slide is about as violent as it gets for handheld weapons and you really get what you pay for.

You can cheap out if you are putting it on a rifle, but not a pistol.
I know cheapies like on eBay or Amazon are not good ... but the ones I have talked about like the FastFire III and especially Leupold DeltaPoint are FAR From cheaping out!!!

Aside form the RMR really the most highly regarded and rated for centerfire handguns seems to really be the DeltaPoint ... so not sure why you think that is cheap.

I just think a Trijicon is the price of a new gun ... I would never fathom spending that kind of money on a optic for a gun I shoot at the rnage and do zero competition, fast firing, etc. etc .... just a weekend range warrior is all ... doubt I have zero issues with either.

Thanks thought for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel-tec-innovations View Post
Burris Fast Fire. Works great on my .308 rifle and .40S&W pistol. Holds zero.

I have seen many good results like you have replied with ... seems like most don't like how high it sits but really doubt that has to be a major issue ... how doe it feel for you with the extra height? is your slide on your S&W .40 milled or sitting on top higher?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515
The DeltaPoint is an option but man spending almost 400 bucks on something like is NUTS to me ... it's the cost of a new damn gun really ... just way overpriced IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
I know cheapies like on eBay or Amazon are not good ... but the ones I have talked about like the FastFire III and especially Leupold DeltaPoint are FAR From cheaping out!!!

Aside form the RMR really the most highly regarded and rated for centerfire handguns seems to really be the DeltaPoint ... so not sure why you think that is cheap.

I just think a Trijicon is the price of a new gun ... I would never fathom spending that kind of money on a optic for a gun I shoot at the rnage and do zero competition, fast firing, etc. etc .... just a weekend range warrior is all ... doubt I have zero issues with either.

Thanks thought for your reply.
I made the comment to you because you've complaining about the price of the Deltapoint in your first post. Sounds like you have no intention on spending the money for something good. Then in your second post you complain about the DP and RMR and how you would never spend that kind of money. And then ask me "how is that cheaping out?". LOL.

The DP and RMR are the most highly regarded MRDS for slide mounting and even those can still have problems on occasion. Earlier RMR's were known for crapping out but newer production units have beefed up electronics.

If this were a 22 or rifle the cheaper ones are fine, range handguns too, but make sure you get a good warranty or one that isn't void by slide mounting on a centerfire pistol.
Old 06-30-2014, 1:10 AM

The FastFire and DeltaPoint are all I'm considering (not complaining) ... ya the DP is pretty high in price but can be had for less then 400 so still a possibility, just not in the price range I would like to be which the FFIII falls into.

But your reply implies the FastFire III is in the category of cheap ... just curious why you think that and other then a little higher how is the DP better then the FF in reality?

If I didn't have intentions on spending money on something good I would just buy a SightMark or another cheapy eBay amazon deal and waste money.
I'm wanting to spend more on better quality and something "Good" ... not something that a guy would use at a crazy competition or something like an RMR and spend 600 bucks on it.

I thought the Burris or Leupold was in the category of "spending money on something good" ... "LOL" (my second post was not about the DP is was the RMR).

Burris FastFire seems to have a nice warranty and based on their description is okay for slide mounting these optics, here is theri description .............

FastFire sights are light, small and tough, placing a powerful bright red dot on your target. They’re perfect as a primary sight or paired on top of an existing optic or laser. The electronics and chassis are built tough to handle the abuse of competition and hunting. All FastFire sights are waterproof and shockproof and covered by the Forever Warranty. A wide variety of mounting options let you equip your favorite rifles and pistols with a fast-action FastFire.

I'm just trying to justify the Way higher price tag on the DeltaPoint and haven't seen or heard enough to do so is all.

Last edited by falconman515; 06-30-2014 at 1:14 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 9:49 PM

L3/Eotech MRDS
Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Calguns Addict

I never did end up buying a MRDS, but when I was shopping the Vortex Razor did look very appealing.

Still not cheap, but looks like an option that fits between the Fastfire and the RMR.

If I bought the optics for keeps, Vortex lifetime warranty was also a selling point. Trijicon only has 5 years on the electronics.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...oa-dot/reticle

Last edited by ExtremeX; 06-30-2014 at 10:14 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post

If I bought the optics for keeps, Vortex lifetime warranty was also a selling point. Trijicon only has 5 years on the electronics.
Those Vortex are nice but WAY to much money IMHO. (I would go DP for less money in a heartbeat, or spend the few bucks more for RMR once you hit the 500 bucks price point).

Burris also have a Lifetime warranty on these FastFire's as well. For just under 200 bucks I found em' new ... I doubt I can pass that up or justify the almost twice the cost of the DeltaPoint now.

From Burris ........

All FastFire sights are waterproof and shockproof and covered by the Forever Warranty.

Every single Burris optic is covered by the Unconditional Forever Warranty.

“Lifetime” warranties are a dime a dozen in the optics world these days. The Burris Forever Warranty™ means just that – Forever – for anything, other than loss, theft or deliberate damage.

We will repair or replace your Burris optic if damaged or defective:
• No charge to you.
• No questions asked.
• No matter whose fault it is.
• No warranty card needed.
• No receipt required.
• Automatically transferred to future owners.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/warranty.html
http://www.burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html

Last edited by falconman515; 06-30-2014 at 10:53 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Those Vortex are nice but WAY to much money IMHO. (I would go DP for less money in a heartbeat, or spend the few bucks more for RMR once you hit the 500 bucks price point).

Burris also have a Lifetime warranty on these FastFire's as well. For just under 200 bucks I found em' new ... I doubt I can pass that up or justify the almost twice the cost of the DeltaPoint now.

From Burris ........

All FastFire sights are waterproof and shockproof and covered by the Forever Warranty.

“Lifetime” warranties are a dime a dozen in the optics world these days. The Burris Forever Warranty™ means just that – Forever – for anything, other than loss, theft or deliberate damage.

• No charge to you.
• No questions asked.
• No receipt required.

Pretty much sold on the Burris myself, What's the battery life on the Burris? One thing about Triji's and aimpoints is its always on

Last edited by Whiskey-Tango; 06-30-2014 at 11:09 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Most of my research was between the Vortex Razor and the RMR... after taking the mounting hardware into the equation the Vortex was about $150-200 cheaper than the RMR as it comes with hardware.

DP looks good too, I haven't don't much research into them and not familiar with what is included in the box in regards to mounts. The All Mount option is $449 compared to $479 of the Vortex.

In terms of value for the money, the Burris Fastfire looks like a fantastic option but I understand it doesn't come with any mounting hardware... Adding the burris Picatinny mount is about $60 bringing you to $300.

Last edited by ExtremeX; 06-30-2014 at 11:16 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 11:12 PM

Tagged
Old 07-01-2014, 1:03 AM

Quote:

In terms of value for the money, the Burris Fastfire looks like a fantastic option but I understand it doesn't come with any mounting hardware... Adding the burris Picatinny mount is about $60 bringing you to $300.
Nah ... you can get the FFIII from Amazon shipped for $226 with Picatinny. (plus if you get one with no rail you can get em for $29 on Amazon).

On Amazon WITH Picatinny for 226 - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007I9D8QE/...=IX86G2JC7G4R2

But ya if you don't have a slide that can accept one and need adapters to mount to a slide etc. then those adapter plates run like 50 bucks (still cheaper then DP all-mount by far).

I can get the FF for $190 (no Picatinny .. but I don't need it to mount on my M&P) .... plus my M&P CORE comes with all the mounting plates needed so I'm covered there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Tango View Post
Pretty much sold on the Burris myself, What's the battery life on the Burris? One thing about Triji's and aimpoints is its always on
That I am not sure of ... but for me it won't be an issue as it will be on for a couple hours while shooting then off ... and I think they are CR1632, CR2032, etc. batteries and cheap as heck)
Looked on their website for this info but nothing was stated about battery life that I could find.

Last edited by falconman515; 07-01-2014 at 1:15 AM..
Old 07-01-2014, 1:33 AM

Couple pics I found of the Burris FastFire III on an M&P ........

These are on the Core so they sit nice and flush when milled into the slide.

The co-witness isn't perfect but still there in the lower 6 O'clock section of the optic ... really is not a big deal ... if you want a reflex optic why do you need the irons (I guess if you do competition and it goes out etc. ... but for a range guy like me where it's one shot and reset, zero need for great iron co-witness).

Last edited by falconman515; 07-01-2014 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 1:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Just curious but have you tried a pistol with a MRDS?

Personally after trying a few, I found its not for me. The small window and extended arms when shooting often times make it very difficult to actually acquire the dot. Just a little shift off center in any direction and you completely loose the dot.

Maybe I need more trigger time with one, but I was substantially faster with regular pistol irons, especially when shooting on the move.

Unless the pistol shoots flat… you lose the dot every time you hit the bang switch. I can at least keep my sights somewhat indexed through recoil with irons.

Last edited by ExtremeX; 07-01-2014 at 1:45 AM..
Old 07-01-2014, 4:04 AM
Calguns Addict

I've got an RMR on my G19 using a Unity Tactical Atom mount. It took some practice but picking up the dot on presentation is pretty easy. Follow up shots aren't an issue either with good technique as the gun will naturally come back to rest on target after recoil.

This is one of the guns I carry so it was important to get a proven optic and one that stays on. The RMR should go 1 year left on.
Old 07-01-2014, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Just curious but have you tried a pistol with a MRDS?
Nope not yet ... this will be my first.

But I won't know till I try ,,, many LOVE it (more then not) so since I bought a gun that I paid more for that has a milled slide for an optic I want to try it out. But don't want to spend as money on one as a new gun would cost you know.

I like optics and red-dots ... they are great on my AR, and I could see the advantage to having them on my M&P as well.

Guess we'll see.

I have though decided to go with the FFIII ... just to dang good of a deal to not go with .. and not enough advantages to the DP to justify literally double the cost of the FF.

Last edited by falconman515; 07-01-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Old 07-01-2014, 10:53 PM

Figured I would add these here to see how the FFIII looks on an M&P CORE

Very nice I think ... very flush and still able to somewhat co-witness the irons in the bottom 6 O'clock optic area if need be.

For the price a Very Viable Option I think for the most part

Last edited by falconman515; 07-04-2014 at 3:01 AM..
Old 07-02-2014, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Pretty much sold on the Burris myself, What's the battery life on the Burris?
Found out info on battery life direct from Burris for the FastFire III (since it's not stated anywhere) ....

Battery Life (Unofficial Est.) 10,000 Hours (I contacted Burris and they told me that battery life is rated @ 2 years under normal use, or 5,000 power cycles.)

Good for me!

More details:

Burris FastFire III Specs:
-Magnification 1.07x
-Sight Window .82" x .59"
-Elevation/Windage Adjustment 190" @ 100 Yards
-1 MOA Click Adjs
-Recoil Resistance 1000 G's
-Operating Temp -10 to +130 F
-Battery Life (Unofficial Est.) 10,000 Hours, 2 years under normal use, or 5,000 power cycles)
-Battery CR 1632 Lithium
-Weight .90 oz
Old 07-04-2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Found out info on battery life direct from Burris for the FastFire III (since it's not stated anywhere) ....

Battery Life (Unofficial Est.) 10,000 Hours (I contacted Burris and they told me that battery life is rated @ 2 years under normal use, or 5,000 power cycles.)

Good for me!

More details:

-Magnification 1.07x
-1 MOA Click Adjs
-Battery Life (Unofficial Est.) 10,000 Hours, 2 years under normal use, or 5,000 power cycles)
-Battery CR 1632 Lithium
-Weight .90 oz
Wow good to know thanks! For the money you can't go wrong especially the forever warranty.
Old 07-04-2014, 3:22 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:

Good for me!

More details:

-Magnification 1.07x
-1 MOA Click Adjs
-Battery CR 1632 Lithium
-Weight .90 oz
not to be a nay-sayer - but... I got nowhere near that battery life...

I'm a big fan of this RDS, so I'm not trying to dissuade anyone... but its an uncommon battery (CR-1632) - I have lots of CR2032, 2354, LR44, 3V, etc... and most of them share at least one common piece of equipment - I was miffed when the FFIII bat died and I had no replacement handy *no common compatibility...

The pistol this FFIII is on; rests in a door panel pocket (of safe) - I'm certain the switch is not activated when the door is closed (because it's never illuminated when I remove it)...

It's possible that the original battery was old (packed in a plastic bag) when received... but I suspect it burns through batteries quickly - and they are uncommon bats so order several in advance.

Just an FYI.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:05 AM

I did see somewhere they shared your same experience somewhat on battery life of the "supplied" battery ... Guess it's a cheap no name battery that comes included and has a horrible life cycle it seems.
But heard a quality name brand replacement last WAY longer then the one provided!

I don't believe these numbers either as they are always Way more then possible on anything you buy and come up with crazy high numbers ... I just take what they say and cut it in half ... but even half being 5K hours is WAY more then I'll ever need.

But my plan is to purchase a quality name brand battery to place in it first thing and the included battery will only ever be used as a back up in my range bag.
I think I will be good to go going that route.

Thanks for info, just reminded me to stop and grab that size CR1632 battery this weekend.

Last edited by falconman515; 07-06-2014 at 1:25 AM..
Old 07-04-2014, 3:59 PM
Banned

I have a vortex Razor red dot which is made to compete with the trijicon RMR.

Priced fairly similar to the RMR as well.

The benefit is full lifetime warranty from vortex- no one else covers electronic components like that. Most are 2 to 5 yr warranty.

There's a youtube video review of the Razor- a guy mounted it on a semi auto shotgun and dropped the shotgun upside down on wood boards so the red dot takes the impact. He did this 3 times in a row, and fired a few rounds to check for zero shift. A heavy semi auto shotgun landed on the red dot, and it was fine, and held zero....

It also allows battery changes without removing the sight. They're not cheap, but they're really high quality and their warranty is the best.

It's difficult to justify the price, but the product is fantastic and worth every penny- especially with the no hassle warranty- Buy once- cry once.

Last edited by postal; 07-04-2014 at 4:03 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
The benefit is full lifetime warranty from vortex- [B]no one else covers electronic components like that/B]. Most are 2 to 5 yr warranty.

It's difficult to justify the price, but the product is fantastic and worth every penny- especially with the no hassle warranty- Buy once- cry once.
Not to back the product I just bought but I did so for the price of course and the "Forever Lifetime" Warranty from Burris. Vortex is known for there warranty for sure but from what I can tell Burris backs this mini-reflex optic (and all others) forever as well. So though I agree with you on the Vortex being a Stellar warranty the "no one else covers electronic components like that" quote was incorrect.

Directly from the FastFire III Webpage:

"All FastFire sights are waterproof and shockproof and covered by the Forever Warranty."

• No charge to you.
• No questions asked.
• No receipt required.

Last edited by falconman515; 07-04-2014 at 8:27 PM..
Old 07-04-2014, 9:01 PM
Banned

Interesting... didnt know that about burris.

I know trijicon, aimpoint and nikon have limited warranties up to about 5 yrs max and as few as 2.

I have 2 nikon monarch red dots which are tubes. Nice product.... but not in the same league....
Old 07-05-2014, 11:44 PM

Ya I did not know this either before I started researching the FastFire III for my M&P CORE.

When I came across that bit of killer warranty info and the fact I got it so dang cheap I was 100% sold.

Hopefully it will all work perfect.

Last edited by falconman515; 07-06-2014 at 1:22 AM..
Old 07-06-2014, 12:25 AM

Where did you get the Fastfire II cheap and how much?
Old 07-06-2014, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamski View Post
Where did you get the Fastfire II cheap and how much?
FastFire III

Oddly enough Overstock.com

With Picatinny Rail $194 shipped (300234)

Without Rail $178 Shipped (300235)

This is with a 15% off discount.

(this is for the 3 MOA version ... for some reason the 8 MOA is a few more bucks ... 3 MOA is perfect more my purpose, 8 is to big of dot)

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...ml?searchidx=0

If you sign up for their emails you will get a 10% off in your email right away ... I just knew they would do 15% so I contacted them via the overstock Chat under contact us and told them I was curious if they would sending out the 15% off coupons anytime soon and he said he didn't know .... I told him I wanted to purchase something but needed the 15% off coupon code to make it in my budget and under 200 dollars ... he told me to link the item and he said go ahead and purchase the item and pay full price ... and once you do so I will refund 15% off your purchase price.
And after purchase my refund was completed next day and got it for $194 and change (W/ Rail) ... if you have zero need for the rail and are using only for a handgun like mine that has a compatible plate 15% would make it $178 total.
I just said heck for the extra 16 bucks why not get the rail so I can use it on my AR if all else fails or if someday I upgrade to another reflex sight having this 4 sale "with" the picatinny rail would make reselling easier.

Anyway that is how I got it so cheap ... Thanks to LBDamned for the tip he left me this tip in this thread ... http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=813617

My gun and optic should be here Monday ... I will post pics after it's installed.

Last edited by falconman515; 07-06-2014 at 1:21 AM..
Old 07-06-2014, 1:38 AM

Vortex razor vs burris fastfire:

http://youtu.be/uqy_FuJAWAE
Old 07-06-2014, 3:58 AM

Quote:
Vortex razor vs burris fastfire:

http://youtu.be/uqy_FuJAWAE
FYI ... he is reviewing the FastFire II ..... not the FastFire III .... Also it's not a Vs. review, it was more Vs. the RMR the FastFire just got talked about a bit as compared.

Some things he says that are negative about the FastFire is due to it being the #2 model and not #3 among other things as well (battery replacement without taking it off, III is 3moa and II is 4moa, auto shutoff, etc.)

Plus I do agree the Vortex is Killer with a great warranty, love the button placement, nice build, BUT I would never consider it for my handgun needs as its pretty large and not a slim optic like the other top end DP and RMR optics, and even bigger then the FastFire models.

But were talking about a $180-200 optic vs. $480-500 optic.

Gotta keep it fair based on price really and not a good review to compare it to ... but mostly he try in the video to compare it more to the RMR, it wasn't a FastFire vs. Razor review ... it was a Razor review by itself and talked about the lower and higher end optics as compared is all.

If I were to spend 500 bucks I would be saving a few bucks more and just get the RMR .... but I would never spend that much (not needing to take it to battle or anything you know) so the most I would go would be the DeltaPoint 2 at the $350-400 range as that one is Pure quality and recommended highly at In My Opinion the most you could ask a consumer to spend on a tiny mini reflex sight (the around 500+ dollar stuff is just simply nuts to me).

For me the price and warranty and overall solid reviews Trumped Everything Else ... and I'm not one who is gonna drop the thing, go rolling around on the ground abusing my optic, etc. etc.
I'm a stand at a range booth and fire at paper guy ... Thats It, and the Burris is perfect for that seems like (as he called it "a hobby sight" ... and that's exactly what it is for me).... nothing justified the hundreds and hundreds of extra dollars. If I stepped up I would go DeltaPoint, Then after that the Vortex Razor, then after that the RMR ... But the Burris beat em all for me based on what I said before.

And this is just based on reviews, price and warranty for me ... I have not yet used it or anything so until I do I can't say if it's a winner or not ... but if not I would be moving up to the DP2 and call it a day .... the Vortex IMHO is just to much money for what it is I think and NOT worth 300 extra dollars over the Burris or even a 100 over the DP2.

Anyway ... all of these options of course have their Pros and Cons ... thats why one is 200 bucks and other are 600 bucks.

Whatever one works best for us and out needs should be the one to go with ... so much wasted money on these kind of things to just say you have the best of the best .... they have there certain use and if you need the massive use then it's worth it ... just not for some others is all.

Thanks for all the feedback and replies here guys ... it's awesome!

Last edited by falconman515; 07-06-2014 at 4:02 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 6:42 PM

My M&P9 Pro Series C.O.R.E Long Slide has arrived and new Burris FastFire III has been installed!!!

Here are some pics of my new baby ... hope she shoots as good as she looks!

Last edited by falconman515; 07-08-2014 at 6:46 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 7:08 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^ Nice! Congrats
Old 07-10-2014, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
The benefit is full lifetime warranty from vortex- [B]no one else covers electronic components like that/B]. Most are 2 to 5 yr warranty.

More info on Burris warranty.

They used to only have a 1-year warranty ... I got my FastFire III and it had a warranty card in it saying "Limited 1 Year Warranty".
So I contact Burris via email about this and got a reply from them saying .....

"Our Forever warranty went into effect after that warranty card was printed and package. Do not worry, all Burris products are covered under our Forever warranty. You do not even need to send in the warranty card and the product will be covered."

Then I asked about all Burris optics before this new Forever Warranty went into in effect and he said .....

"All Burris products from the beginning of time are covered under the new warranty."

So for all those with Burris Optics who bought them years ago before the new forever warranty and thought you only had 1 year now you have lifetime.

Wanted to provide this info .... I know many talk about Vortex and their warranty ... I think Burris realized how important this was and jumped on the forever no questions asked warranty to compete.

Hope this helps anyone in the future looking at burris optics.

All this info came from ....
Ryan Johnson
Burris/ Steiner Technical Support
1-888-228-7747
customerservice@burrisoptics.com