Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 05-18-2011, 3:48 PM

I've been told by a few different people at the range that the girl usually bests the guy. Something about Men trying to hard because they feel they have something to prove..

Personally I don't care if the SO is a better shot then I am. I'm in it to just have fun. I know I am better then her at peeing while standing.. All that matters in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2011, 1:24 PM
Calguns Addict

It's a toss up with me, I think my wife shoots better than the girlfriend. Call me Arnold.
Old 05-25-2011, 2:24 PM

I already stated it doesn't bother me...and here's why.

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=64023

My wife was on this hilltop with this platoon. She provided the "intelligence support" during the lulls, and a little more than proved herself when the SHTF. To date, she is the ONLY female to be allowed to go on any mission she chooses with this company. They even ask for her specifically when they know it could get ugly. She absolutely HATES the "FOB Princesses" and lives for this kind of action.

YOU BETTER BELIEVE I sleep better at night knowing my wife is (sometimes) able to outshoot me with her M4. There is an entire infantry company out there that is thankful she can shoot too, and couldn't care less who can outshoot who.
Old 05-25-2011, 2:43 PM
Veteran Member

I wish my wife was into shooting....so He!! no it wouldn't bother me.
"Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."
Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 AM

For whatever it's worth, my wife kicks my *@ss* with a handgun. I win with a rifle, but she'll outshoot me with a handgun any day.

YMMV.
Old 05-29-2011, 8:19 AM

You have issues. Just from your post, you seem to lack confidence yearn for validation from your peers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
my recurring gun dream is one where I'm trading shots with BGs and my thompson is only a semi... oh wait, that's not a dream, that's California.
Old 05-29-2011, 8:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Wouldn't bother me in the least. That said on most days my wife does outshoot me with a pistol but I make up for it with a rifle LOL. She and I have a deal - in a hostle situation I take 'em out far she handles 'em in close LOL

As I've gotten older I thought I was gaining patience, then I realized I simply don't give a crap.
Old 05-30-2011, 6:30 PM

Lucky you. It means she will enjoy shooting with you more, it will help strengthen your relationship by making her feel good about herself, she will be more understanding of you wanting to spend $$ on new toys, and she will be more likely to train herself to be able to protect herself. Any minor jealousy that you feel from being a slightly worse shot is trivial in comparison to all these benefits.
Old 06-02-2011, 8:56 AM

I'm going to have to take the middle road here. Yes I'd be extremely happy that my wife could shoot better than me for all the reasons stated above but I'm also hyper competetive and it would bother me a bit. The key distinction is what you do with it. You could get jealous and resentful which doesn't help anyone or you can direct the testosteone to become a better shooter.

In my case my wife doesn't like guns and won't go shooting with me even to learn defense so I'd just be happy if she would shoot with me.
Well I have the pistols so I'll keep the pesos. Yeah that seems fair."

The Refreshments - Banditos
Old 06-02-2011, 9:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default What do you mean, IF?

My wife is a better shot. My niece is a better shot. I have always been the slow guy in the family.
Old 06-05-2011, 2:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Not at all, I would ask her to teach me how to shoot better!
Old 06-05-2011, 2:13 PM
In Memoriam

Nope.

As a matter of fact, she is a better shot with her SIG Mosquito. She shoots it OK, I can't hit a barn with it. She doesn't know just how horrendous the trigger is.

With our other handguns tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

Last edited by Fishslayer; 06-05-2011 at 2:16 PM..
Old 06-05-2011, 2:20 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

wouldn't annoy me at all... the two people I trust more than anyone in life are both females = Mom and Girlfriend...

GF has capacity to learn REAL quick!!! She's not a better shot only because she doesn't shoot as much - but if she had as much practice she would definitely be better then me!

She takes directions/instructions real well - and I've been amazed at well she walks in her shots with small adjustments... it took me a while to learn the different nuances with my various pistol sights and the variance with red dot on my AK - I give her 30 seconds of info and she's tack driving (well not exactly, but pretty damn good)...

Since she's one of two people I trust more than anyone, I'd be happy to have her be a better shot - she's the first one I'd arm if SHTF and she'd have my back!