Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Primary Arms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2018, 5:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default 3-18x50 APOLLO HUD 6.5 Creedmoor is ready for pre-order!

The Primary Arms 3-18x50 scope with Apollo 6.5 CM reticle is almost ready to come out swinging! This and the 1x Cyclops have been the most hotly anticipated products for 2018, and after some delays, the Apollos are on their way. The HUD DMR .308 and 5.56 versions charged through our quality control testing with flying colors, so we're very optimistic about these scopes. If you're a 6.5 Creedmoor shooter, this reticle will get you out to 1000 yards from a 100 yard zero, in winds up to 20 mph, with holdovers only. No doing math, no counting clicks-- you range estimate, you make your wind call, you hold over using the reticle's aiming cues. It's the best 6.5 Creedmoor BDC reticle on the market, packaged into our latest and greatest scope body, and this combo has been extensively tested in the real world. It's a winner.

You can read all about it and pre-order yours HERE.

Here's a video of Robski and Dimitri putting it through its paces out in the Nevada high desert. Windy conditions are easy to come by, believe me those wind holds are well proven!

If you have any questions, post up and ping me and you'll get an honest answer, and let me start with a bit of bluntness right here. You know how marketing guys always say stuff like "buy now while supplies last!" to try to get in that sense of urgency? Ok, no BS, if you want one of these, pre order now, and I'll tell you why. The 3-18x50 is coming in six reticles total, and this is the third one to be released. So, the factory is making these in runs of one variant at a time, and in pretty small batches, small enough to make us nervous about availability. This one is a hot variant, tons of guys have been asking us when they will come out. We will get a lot of preorders, which means once they actually go "live" and in-stock, there won't be a whole lot of them left. If and when they go out of stock, which they will, they will be out of stock for a long time, because we have to wait until the factory does the other five reticles and circles back to this one. If you want one of these scopes and you miss your chance, we might not have the next batch ready to sell for 3 or 4 months, maybe even more. So this isn't the usual marketing spin of "supplies are limited, don't wait!"

I really mean it. Supplies are going to be limited. Don't wait.

EDIT: A couple of folks have asked what loading we used to develop Apollo. The "native loading" is Hornady's 140 grain ELD ammo, which is really common ammo and definitely the most popular bullet weight. The development barrel was a 20". Apollo is going to go into the StrelokPro app, so if you want to shoot a different bullet weight or you have a 16" barrel, and so forth, you'll be able to put in your particular setup and come up with a custom initial offset to help the BDC line up for you (you know, sight in 1" high at 100 yards, that sort of thing).