Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 11-05-2019, 6:01 PM
Veteran Member

Default CZ 527 6.5 Grendel Varmint Target.

Gents,

Purchased a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel and its doing its 10 day vacation at Addax Tactical. Purchased it from Buds for $636, what a beautiful firearm. The Howa’s are nice, but cheap plastic abounds.
I took my first pronghorn in Wyoming last month, with a 6.5 Grendel Upper I built. And wanted a bolt action, Mauser style walnut stock. This fit the bill!
The bluing was perfect, the machining was beautiful. I had purchased one about 2 years ago. When they first came out, there were some teething problems. My receiver was out of spec, the chamber was incorrect, bullets were keyholing. I was pissed and sent it back, but that was 2017. So a a couple of years and many thousands of these little buggers have been built. So hopefully the gremlins have been worked out. A Leupold Freedom 3x9x40, Leupold rings, and a DIP rail will be used. The scope has the CDS dials. The set up will be used for fun target, and coyotes. A2
Old 11-05-2019, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Gents,
The Howa’s are nice, but cheap plastic abounds.
I guess it depends. All of my rifles sit in a locked steel cabinet so the only time I can admire them is when I'm shooting them. The bad thing about nice wooden stocks is the beating they take when they're used in the field, whereas dings are largely hidden with plastic stocks.

I do have a CZ 427 in .17 HRM with a nice wooden stock that shoots very well. And because the stock is so nice I'm afraid to take it varmint hunting.

To each their own.
Old 11-16-2019, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict

I just ordered the 527 MTR in .223 (I already have reloading equipment and mats for my AR, so I wasn't interested in another caliber). I'm excited to try it out. I couldn't seem to find any at a price down near yours. Everyone wants an arm and a leg for it.