Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 03-02-2014, 4:52 PM

Default *OFFICIAL SAN DIEGO CHAPTER MARCH EVENT - INTRO TO PISTOLS AND OPEN SHOOT 3/29/14*

...LEARNING IS FUN!

CALGUNS/CGSSA SAN DIEGO CHAPTER IS TAKING YOU TO SCHOOL AGAIN!!

WITH THE MARCH EVENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
ACTIVE SHOOTER DEFENSE SCHOOL

You asked, we listened and answered. Pistol training! Those who came out for the FEBRUARY EVENT and open shoot will already know what to expect. Just swap out the rifles for the pistols and you get the idea .

PLEASE RSVP HERE http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=901388

WHEN: March 29th, 2014 (Saturday)

TIME: 4:00pm to 10pm (entire event) Instruction will start at 4:30pm Plan to be there at 3:30 or 4 to sign in and get ready. The class will start with or without you at 4:30pm! I STRONGLY recommend being there no later than 4:00pm.

WHERE: ASDS/South Bay Rod and Gun Club on pistol range B - in Dulzura, CA (clink the blue link above for info and directions OR ask here. DO NOT check in with the main office or range. Come directly back to Pistol Range B. A sign will be up!

CONTACT INFO: calguns.sdchapter@gmail.com OR private message here on the forums

WHAT: This is a chance to get some excellent, professional training at a very affordable price! This event will be THREE HOURS of PISTOL training by Matt K. of ASDS. You will learn basic fundamentals, basic stance work, proper sight picture, reloading, clearing malfunctions and every bit of safety in between. This is a professional lesson by a 12 year Special Ops veteran who can teach you practical application of skills used not only in the field but on a daily basis in his classes. If you think you know how to run your gun, you need more training! This is a great chance to refresh your fundamentals as well as a perfect opportunity to get new shooters comfortable with pistols

This class is for pistols (handguns) but not limited to only Semi Auto. Want to learn how to run that revolver you bought? Bring it! We have a couple of rentals avail.

There will be live fire during the session as well. You get to apply your skills and have fun while learning. That's not all though..... Once the lesson is complete you can shoot the rest of the night until 10pm. Yep. 10pm! Bring out any firearm (CA Legal) of any type and have some fun after the lesson or keep practicing your new or refreshed pistol skills.

For those of you who attended the December XMAS zombie competition and wish you had a better understanding of fundamentals or how to apply them in prep for the next comp or every day shooting... this event is for you! A couple more zombies may stumble their way into the field. You may need to exterminate them I know there were a few of you who ran pistols and then asked about how you could improve. This class is how!

PRICE AND PAYMENT: $50.00 pre-registration. Yes, only $50.00 for 3 hours of training and a night of shooting. For a $10 donation you can get some grub and drinks! If you do not plan on donating for food and drinks I recommend you bring something to munch on.

For those paying day of, it will be $60.00 for the class only.

You can pay directly to: Calguns.SDChapter@gmail.com via PayPal OR pay directly at Wilde Built Tactical in La Mesa OR schedule to meet with me in person (likely at Wilde Built). Cash or MO. Receipts can be provided.

WHAT TO BRING: Clear and sober mind, ability to learn and have fun. A Handgun... 100 rounds of ammo, extra mags (loaners may be avail inquire within), jacket, comfortable shoes, comfortable pants/shorts, maybe some gloves. Targets if you plan to shoot after lesson. A HOLSTER IF YOU HAVE ONE. If you do not have one for your weapon, we may have some loaners. They are NOT required but it will make it easier on you and offer a chance to learn how to properly holster and draw your weapon. A blanket and or towel to lay on (may be shooting prone).

OPTIONAL: extra ammo to shoot through the night, cleaning supplies, cupcakes OR bacon for me, spare targets for yourself.

If time permits we will also go over current legislation and how you can get involved with contact info. Please understand the focus of this event is the training and that there may be people who have never handled a rifle. That is the point of this event. It is to not only offer a refresher or help you become better at what you may know in a professional environment but to also open the sport to new shooters. We ask you all be understanding and help encourage participation while being patient with those who may be unfamiliar and new. This is our community and keeping it growing is the goal!

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES AND ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE (There will be a few prizes....shhhhh)

A Very special thanks to the following for helping to make these events possible:

THE BULLET POINTS

WILDE BUILT TACTICAL IN LA MESA CALIFORNIA

OUR VERY OWN VICK (Can'thavenuthingood) @ GUNSR4.US

DEFENSE WORX - CALIFORNIA

Zombie Industries - California

Last edited by Manpants; 03-06-2014 at 10:32 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 10:54 PM

Ooh, fancy! I may* be able to make it. 'cept I only have one magazine and no holster.

And no money.

All of it went into long guns! Anywho I'll try to scrounge some stuff together, I am terrible with my BHP as-is. Would love some training, more than anything.
So I was driving home from the range and I noticed that the scent of warm steel, burnt gunpowder and lukewarm coffee combined and smelled oddly of... Peanut butter?! Man, the Hoppe's is going to my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR.44 View Post
Rose, you're sick dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmybacon43 View Post
I like to call us the "Nighttime association of Law abiding and moral fellows"
Or NALAMF for short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
What do you consider long range?
Take half of a binocular, tape it to your rifle.
Old 03-04-2014, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosereader View Post
Ooh, fancy! I may* be able to make it. 'cept I only have one magazine and no holster.

And no money.

All of it went into long guns! Anywho I'll try to scrounge some stuff together, I am terrible with my BHP as-is. Would love some training, more than anything.
Just let me know and post it up in the link that has the RSVP if you are going to make it! If you can get another mag it would be easier but we can work with ya. The holster is optional
Old 03-07-2014, 6:43 PM

Bump it up! We have 15 attendees so far with 22 days to go before it happens. Flyers will be out at the gun show and we will be capping at 40 people!