Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 12-10-2018, 1:19 PM

Default P6 Holsters

Any recommendations on suppliers of Sig P6 holsters? I've read that it wont fit in a 225 A1 holster because of the slight difference in trigger guards.
Old 12-10-2018, 2:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperius View Post
Any recommendations on suppliers of Sig P6 holsters? I've read that it wont fit in a 225 A1 holster because of the slight difference in trigger guards.
Are you looking IWB or OWB? Tuckable or not? AIWB or on the hip if IWB? Do you have a material preference? Do you have a clip preference if you want a holster with a clip?

I can likely find you some choices, but need to know what your looking for style and performance wise.
Old 12-10-2018, 2:16 PM

Sorry I should've been more specific. This is for a duty weapon as a private security officer. So preferably kydex (I'm fine with leather though) with retention. Something like the Safariland GLS but I dont believe they make them for the p6. A thumb break if its leather would also be fine
Old 12-10-2018, 2:23 PM

I used to carry mine in a black hawk serpa sig p229 holster. It fit well.
A lot of time and energy goes into thinking up ways to make perfectly good rifles into something dumb. Single shot ARs are gay. AR pistols are also gay. Just my opinion, of course, but a single shot AR pistol would be an AIDS cannon.
Old 12-10-2018, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

I think you'll get by with a P229R leather holster due to the squared trigger guard. The standard P228/9 non railed uses the rounded trigger guard.
Old 12-10-2018, 6:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sorry I should've been more specific. This is for a duty weapon as a private security officer. So preferably kydex (I'm fine with leather though) with retention. Something like the Safariland GLS but I dont believe they make them for the p6. A thumb break if its leather would also be fine
Do you want the holster on the belt, drop mount, or thigh rig? Are you wearing body armor as the drop mount or thigh rig make drawing easier?

Are you running a weapons light or any modifications, are you running the gun right handed or left handed?

The P6 is for all intents and purposes a lightly modified P225 meaning it's not that hard for me to find or have a holster made.

There are four main differences between SIG’s standard P225 and the Polizei-desginated P6: mainspring weight, external markings, feed ramp geometry, and a notched hammer spur. Let’s look at these differences a bit more closely.
Old 12-10-2018, 6:40 PM
Veteran Member

Imperius, as a CCW shop I really only carry training level I retention holsters, there are shops that offer better prices for duty holsters than I can. Having said that besides the above question, I would l need to know are you using a typical pants belt, 1.5" wide as an example or are you wearing a duty belt. This can impact the recommendation. There are two primary cost effective manufactures of duty holsters with level II and Level III retention. There are few holster products I am adamant about not recommending Blackhawk Serpa's are one, they are cheap your life is not, however they are a third the price or less of the Safariland holsters for your gun. (All of this assumes your not running a light). Do take a look at the following. I recommend going to Safarilands website, read the differences and then look online for the best price
Model 7360 7TS™ ALS®/SLS Mid-Ride, Level III Retention™ Duty Holster

Model 7105 Cruiser™ Hi-Ride Duty Holster (Thumb Snap – Balistic Nylon)

Model 6285 SLS Low-Ride, Level II Retention™ Hardshell Duty Holster

Model 577 GLS™ Pro-Fit™ Holster (with 1.5" - 1.75" belt width belt loop)

Model 578 GLS™ Pro-Fit™ Holster (with Paddle)

We are here to help if you want to call us.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhondaz50 View Post
I used to carry mine in a black hawk serpa sig p229 holster. It fit well.
I would never trust my life to a Serpa holster. There's a reason training classes, law enforcement, and military organizations have banned them

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Do you want the holster on the belt, drop mount, or thigh rig? Are you wearing body armor as the drop mount or thigh rig make drawing easier?

it would be on a 1.5 inch kore carry belt. a low ride holster would be great. i have no experience with thigh rigs

Are you running a weapons light or any modifications, are you running the gun right handed or left handed?

no light, right handed

The P6 is for all intents and purposes a lightly modified P225 meaning it's not that hard for me to find or have a holster made.

There are four main differences between SIG’s standard P225 and the Polizei-desginated P6: mainspring weight, external markings, feed ramp geometry, and a notched hammer spur. Let’s look at these differences a bit more closely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
Imperius, as a CCW shop I really only carry training level I retention holsters, there are shops that offer better prices for duty holsters than I can. Having said that besides the above question, I would l need to know are you using a typical pants belt, 1.5" wide as an example or are you wearing a duty belt. This can impact the recommendation. There are two primary cost effective manufactures of duty holsters with level II and Level III retention. There are few holster products I am adamant about not recommending Blackhawk Serpa's are one, they are cheap your life is not, however they are a third the price or less of the Safariland holsters for your gun. (All of this assumes your not running a light). Do take a look at the following. I recommend going to Safarilands website, read the differences and then look online for the best price

Model 7105 Cruiser™ Hi-Ride Duty Holster (Thumb Snap – Balistic Nylon)

Model 6285 SLS Low-Ride, Level II Retention™ Hardshell Duty Holster

Model 577 GLS™ Pro-Fit™ Holster (with 1.5" - 1.75" belt width belt loop)

Model 578 GLS™ Pro-Fit™ Holster (with Paddle)

We are here to help if you want to call us.
Thanks for the recommendations. If none of these fit my needs I will give you a call
Old 12-11-2018, 9:59 AM
Veteran Member

I think you will be happiest with a mid ride holster. The ergonomics are excellent for most users.

The advantage of high ride is when seated in a vehicle, but the draw is not as natural and it can interfere with body armor.

The mid ride is a natural and efficient draw stroke, more comfortable for manipulating the thumb activated release mechanism. Still reasonably comfortable when seated.

Low ride should be reserved largely for people with really long arms, they aren't as comfortable when seated. Comfort being a factor of both outright physical comfort, and torque on the spine an tailbone.

Thigh rigs can look cool, but are akward draws, difficult when running or grappling. If fitted properly they can be very comfortable, and for LEO use they reduce the risk of back injury from carry.

If you cant find it cheaper elsewhere you can go directly to Safariland.com they are offering a 20% discount on all orders through the end of the year with Promo Code: THANKYOU

I know it seems weird since I own a concealed carry holster shop to recommend a product I don't carry or to send someone to another store, but we believe your life is precious, and want the best for our customers even if that means sending them somewhere else. We are data and experience driven.

Stay safe, train hard.
Old 12-11-2018, 6:08 PM

I have a P6, a P225 and a P228.. they all fit perfectly in a Galco leather holster.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/flet..._8_4_1118.html

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 12-11-2018 at 6:13 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
I have a P6, a P225 and a P228.. they all fit perfectly in a Galco leather holster.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/flet..._8_4_1118.html
No doubt, but if I am working as an armed security guard that is neither the type of holster nor the type of level II security I would want with my life on the line.
Old 12-13-2018, 9:38 AM
Veteran Member

Here's a private seller on a Sig forum. Free if you pay shipping.

https://sigtalk.com/pass/333542-sig-...-shipping.html
Old 12-18-2018, 1:21 PM

Vedder Holsters. I have one for my P6/P225 and P01. https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/
Old 12-20-2018, 6:28 AM

Quote:
I just have to ask, why would you choose a P6 as a duty weapon as a private security officer? Without a P225 mainspring installed the double action trigger pull os one of the harshest I have ever felt.

Seriously, why arent you carrying a Glock 19?