Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 04-06-2018, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

How many car payments does all that work out to?
Old 04-07-2018, 2:03 AM

Many....but bonus check came in so pulled the trigger.
Old 04-08-2018, 6:28 AM
Toolmaker Extraordinaire
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
Another Update:

Ordered the Burris XTRII 5x25 34mm with the SCR MOA Reticle and 1.5" Burris XTR Rings.

After some reading I think those will be high enough to clear and not add too much MOA rise over the 20 MOA rail already on the rifle. Want to 100yd Zero and have enough adjustment to get me to 1k+ yds. Unless my thinking isn't sound with the above.
Rings don't add moa, well one set does but not my idea of a solid mount.

20 moa will be plenty to get you to 1000 yards with the adjustment the scope has internally. Conveniently that scope comes factory shifted 20 moa low so when you mount it up. Assuming you have a quality mount done with care all you will need to do is make a minor adjustment at 100 to center your group. I have the same scope in Mil and installed it and zeroed it last week, it was 1mil high and two mil left. ( 3.4 moa high and 6.8 moa left) I made my adjustment. and put five rounds through one ragged hole. About .4 moa group. I didn't measure it because it's my proven load and has served me well for two seasons.

A 6.5 140 grain doing 3K fps or close to it only needs about 7 mil to get to 1K thats 24 moa that scope has 90 moa total adjustment. So 45 moa from center and they shifted it 20 due to everyone running 20 moa bases. So in reality you have about 65 moa up. My scope after zeroing will get me 19 mill up which just happens to be 65 moa. Thats enough to get me to 1250 meters which is the ballistic limit for the load I'm shooting. Very unstable at that distance but i've made consistent hits on a silhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujungatoes View Post
That guy is a hack. He worked on one of my ak's and now the damn thing only shoots .50 cal bullets.
The above statement i consider a term of endearment
Need prints for your build? Need reference materials for Gunsmithing projects, Click Here
I fear that even though as tough as life has been for me I have only begun to pay for my sins.
Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !
Old 04-08-2018, 9:42 AM

Ya I pick up the rifle tomorrow and I hope the scope gets here Monday as well. Also grabbed a Chrono. Just excited I get to start reloading tomorrow with having the rifle here to get the COL set and start loading up some ladder rounds.

Bought 250 new Hornady Cases
300 140gr Hornady ELDs
1 lb of H4350
Some federal LRPs (Recommendation from Bob at Angeles Reloading)

I also picked up a set of Hornady Dies. Going to return the LEEs.