Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 04-24-2018, 10:39 PM

Default LEO able to receive shipment of Ammo from person?

I know there are a few companies willing to work with LEOs with credentials, but how does this apply to a person wanting to ship Ammo to a LEO here?
Old 04-25-2018, 1:28 PM

I don't believe there is any restriction to a private party shipping you (exempt person) ammo. The only issue they might encounter is if USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc... try to give them a hard time about it, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-25-2018, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman View Post
I don't believe there is any restriction to a private party shipping you (exempt person) ammo. The only issue they might encounter is if USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc... try to give them a hard time about it, but I could be wrong.
Iím hoping the same thing.

Would it more beneficial if having them send it to a police station/building? I mean so ups or fed ex wonít give them a hard time.
Old 04-25-2018, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Fedex and UPS deliver ammo to my house all the time. They have no way of knowing if I am exempt from the law or not. It's not their job to enforce the law and they really don't care.

You can't buy happiness but you can buy guns and that's pretty much the same thing.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 04-25-2018, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Fedex and UPS deliver ammo to my house all the time. They have no way of knowing if I am exempt from the law or not. It's not their job to enforce the law and they really don't care.
Good point
Old 04-25-2018, 3:20 PM

Have you or your friend looked at how much it’s going to end up costing to ship ammo to CA? Those shipping prices are no joke.
Old 04-25-2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
Have you or your friend looked at how much itís going to end up costing to ship ammo to CA? Those shipping prices are no joke.
Yeah. Itís not too bad. Only about $20. Worth it though for something I really need and cannot find anywhere else.
Old 04-26-2018, 7:20 AM

As i read and understand the law governing this issue, if the purchaser is law enforcement and exempt, then the trade/sale/giving is lawful.

PC 30312:

(c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not apply to the sale, delivery, or transfer of ammunition to any of the following:

(1) An authorized law enforcement representative of a city, county, city and county, or state or federal government, if the sale, delivery, or transfer is for exclusive use by that government agency and, prior to the sale, delivery, or transfer of the ammunition, written authorization from the head of the agency employing the purchaser or transferee is obtained, identifying the employee as an individual authorized to conduct the transaction, and authorizing the transaction for the exclusive use of the agency employing the individual.

(2) A sworn peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, or sworn federal law enforcement officer, who is authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope of the officer’s duties

It does not specify the ammunition has to be for duty use, only that the officer is authorized to carry a firearm.