Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-09-2017, 5:15 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
I hope this still applies. Otherwise I want a free puppy with each of my orders.

I bounced an e-mail to them in early April and got an answer right away regarding the delay. They offered to do a full refund straight away but I'm in no hurry. It seems to me they're doing the best they can the quickest they can while still delivering an excellent product. Getting aggravated about a few $$$ instead of looking forward to the fun gun stuff - eh, I'll just hang in there.
This.

We still have 6 months before this reaches critical mass.
As long as they deliver before Jan 1, I'm fine running the BB until then.

My DFMs will remain in the closet until the Mean loaders arrive.

And on the free loader... yes, I am looking forward to receiving 6 for the price of 3... but if I only get 4, WTH, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I only ordered and paid for 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 06-10-2017, 9:38 AM

Have you notified Franklin about these problems yet?

They seem from their posts here to be very receptive.

I have already seen enough posts here on Calguns about the chewed followers with the DFM mag to decide that if I ever buy one to try I will use my stock bolt catch to retain it and have lock back on empty as it should be.

I'll pass on the modified bolt catch method.

I would use the mean arms loader-assuming they aren't vaporware.

Maybe you should try the mag with your stock bolt catch-for testing if nothing else...

Maybe replace the follower with a better one too?

Also-is this 5.56 or .308?

Last edited by LEAD LAUNCHER; 06-10-2017 at 9:39 AM.. Reason: because
Old 06-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Installed the DFM on my Tungsten rifle and still used the stock Bolt Catch, I like the idea of the bolt locking back on the last round, it doesn't really bother me to release the bolt forward and popping open the action to reload for now, UNTIL I get my MA Loader lol..
Old 06-10-2017, 2:51 PM
Señor Member

Ahh... Okay, a few of those issues would not apply to me since my intent is to use the original BHO, which will prevent the follower/bolt issues.

Of course, the follower itself can be replaced... but I guess for that matter, a Pmag or Hexmag could be modified to lock into place.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 06-11-2017, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOUNN View Post
Installed the DFM on my Tungsten rifle and still used the stock Bolt Catch, I like the idea of the bolt locking back on the last round, it doesn't really bother me to release the bolt forward and popping open the action to reload for now, UNTIL I get my MA Loader lol..
How is the rifle running with the DFM mag along with a proper stock bolt catch?

How many rounds have you put through it in that configuration?

And more importantly-can you post any larger pics of your avatar?

Old 06-11-2017, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD LAUNCHER View Post
How is the rifle running with the DFM mag along with a proper stock bolt catch?

How many rounds have you put through it in that configuration?

And more importantly-can you post any larger pics of your avatar?

The rifle been running great, I haven't had any bad experiences yet.. well only 300rds so far

Not my picture.. because I'm a thief lmao, but the one Front and Center =P

Last edited by SSOUNN; 06-11-2017 at 5:01 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 5:08 PM

Thanks!

SSOUNN-I'm going to go out on a limb and say if your last post is not the best calguns post of the day-it is most definitely in the top five!

Oh..and what were we talking about?

Thanks for the input on the fixed mag-please give an update down the road when you can.

I'm not a big fixed ar mag type of guy but I wouldn't mind giving 1 rifle a try at it with some means loaders.

Old 06-11-2017, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAD LAUNCHER View Post
Thanks!

SSOUNN-I'm going to go out on a limb and say if your last post is not the best calguns post of the day-it is most definitely in the top five!

Oh..and what were we talking about?

Thanks for the input on the fixed mag-please give an update down the road when you can.

I'm not a big fixed ar mag type of guy but I wouldn't mind giving 1 rifle a try at it with some means loaders.

Why thank you.. lol

But in all seriousness.. I'm not a fixed mag kinda guy myself, I just wanted to give it a try, im not worried about any wear and tear constantly opening up the action, I DID Fixed a MagPul G3 10/20 to one of my other rifle also.. I got annoyed every time I loaded 10rds and go charge it.. freaking thing was so stiff I had to use all my muscle lol.. THAT is the only thing I hate about it.. The DFM works great, I'm sure it'll be better combined with the MA Loader..
Old 06-12-2017, 8:10 PM

Interesting that they say "not a magazine" on them.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Damn I was hoping to get another FREE speed loader because of the delay. LOL.

Interesting though...I work for a construction company and recently watched a video on Autodesk Mold Flow - plastic injection and compression.... I'm no expert but there's definitely more engineering behind it than we think.

Last edited by deephouse; 06-12-2017 at 10:28 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

From their site.

Shipping Update: Now projected for week of June 19th – 23rd

We thank the thousands of people who have pre-ordered our MA-Loaders and other MEAN products. We also appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding with our latest delay in shipping, which is now slipped to the week of June 19th.

We pride ourselves on making smart decisions and not releasing parts that are not fully ready. Bringing any new product to market, especially one as ambitious as our MA-Loader is a lengthy process. Our journey began over a year ago starting with concept design, improvement changes, prototype molds and developmental testing. When we began taking pre-orders in late February, we fully intended to make a “projected” March ship date based on our scheduled timeline. This schedule did not include any unanticipated delay padding. We apologize that many of our customers mistakenly took our estimate as hard dates they could count on.

Over a month ago, we could have ran with our initial production models and filled orders, knowing full well we would be making small changes to improve function and reliability. Making just a small change to one of our steel molds adds upwards of a month delay. We made the right decision to not send out products that were not held to our high standard and this decision has created a few unhappy customers. We can only reiterate that the delay was necessary to provide you with the best product and we are working to get it to you as quickly as possible.

Responses received during our production delay have been 99% positive and encouraging. For the 1% who have been less than pleasant (and for anyone not willing to wait a little longer), we will refund you 100% immediately upon request.

MEAN stands by our products 100%. Once you receive your MEAN MA- Loader, you will have a 30-day, unconditional money back guarantee. After 30 days, you will enjoy a Limited Lifetime Warranty – break it, send it back and we will replace it FREE less shipping/handling.

Thank you again for all of the great comments of support! We are excited that we are so close to shipping. The wait is almost over!

Regards,
MEAN LLC
Old 06-13-2017, 6:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen One View Post
A number of issues. I am not sure if I should post in the DFM thread or here. I'll do so here since you kindly asked. I am not complaining, (not about DFM nor MeanArms,) just being meticulous and cautious. I think they have a great idea as well, that's why I placed an order. I just hope they follow through. Many friends were burned by the Plastc and Coin fiascos.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffre...-funding-tech/
http://fortune.com/2016/05/18/no-mor...-startup-coin/
https://www.recode.net/2015/7/13/116...d-it-was-a-big

DFM issues:
  1. Doublefeeds. Doublefeeds and misfeeds for days.
    This isn't a gas system problem. Same ammo, same buffer, same barrel used to work fine before. I think it is something mechanical about the DFM. It isn't as "smooth" as PMAG/AWM polymer or GI steel. It could be lacking quality of construction: the DFM feedlips had to be manually deburred and chamfered, my brass had scoring on it. Or it could be the excessive spring force due to being a 10rnd stubby: BB PMAG 10/20 and Hexmag Gen2 10/30 were smoother.
  2. Locking lug, carrier lining, cam pin, and bolt wear.
    First, it chews the follower up over time. Second, it is also apparently deforming (or causing not-good wear) to the bolt, carrier lining, locking lugs, and cam pin. The bolt in an AR15 was never designed to be pressed sideways repeatedly. Only forward-back.

DFM suggests using a bolt catch with the magazine follower tooth ground off. This lets the magazine be serviced when the action is broken. But it also allows the bolt to slam closed on/over the raised follower. I thought it would be fine if I profiled the follower manually, or treated the follower as a wear component. (The follower is plastic and the bolt is metal.) I was incorrect. The bolt is chewing a steep line through the profiled follower regardless, and I think deforming the bolt's concentricity in the BCG. Or wearing the bottom-most locking lug itself down. I see highly irregular wear. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the lining of the BCG, mating ring on the outside of the bolt, and the locking lug.
  3. The follower itself isn't so great.
    DFM uses an C-Products/ASC follower. Not a Magpul anti-tilt GI follower. As a result it frequently binds awkwardly. I have to disassemble and clean it out if I want reliable operation. This is not ideal.
  4. The DFM magazine body snags on the DFM bolt catch.
    I don't know how this got through. First, DFM used a pretty bad spot-welding method for their magazine. It leaves significant burrs. Second, despite charging $20 for a bolt catch DFM never rounded the edges. They just ran it though a grinder and called it a day, so the edges are very sharp.

Combined, this means when you are attempting to extricate the DFM magazine, the spot welds catch on the sharpened edge of the bolt catch, and cause the magazine to jam in the firearm. Very annoying when it happens, and it happens very frequently. Another 25c worth of labor to sand the sharp edges round would have been enough.
All in all I am dissatisfied with how the DFM is performing. From a legal/engineering perspective it is genius. From a mechanical perspective, it is not. Thankfully I left the BB on. These delays on compliance products are putting us all in a very delicate situation. Yoda is quoted as saying, "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." Right now we are 'trying' to be compliant. But these laws are so patently absurd, dangerous, and misguided that they prevent that. The trivial solution, 'featureless', is the 'do not'... momentary appeasement of political bullies, paranoid snowflakes, and hoplophobes.

At least until they move the goalposts again next year.

Summary for those not wishing to read:
  • DFM causes mechanical wear to the bolt.
  • Solution: use a bottom-inserting fixed magazine, or a "non-DFM" bolt catch (and leave DFM temporarily installed).
  • Core problem: asinine laws written by luddites that misconstrue the word "tool", and have no damned clue about firearms safety and design.
    (Mark my words, California politicians are going to say we have to go back to black powder from smokeless one of these days. Likely because they'll get some idiotic idea after watching Westworld on TV, like they got microstamping from the Judge Dredd movie.)
  • Better solution: go featureless and donate to the NRA-ILA until they strike the law down.
    https://www.nrailadonate.org/RuggedBackpack/donate

In . Or more like :twodecades:.
  • MeanArms product will be relevant (sort-of) with or without featureless, which is why I retain my preorder.
    (And for rifles/pistols that cannot be converted to featureless for one reason or another.)
Citizen One, while some of your post is helpful, I must refute your analysis.

I will talk to the mill operator to ensure that the edges of the DFM bolt catch are properly deburred. It is a step in the process that is routinely performed, but it sounds like one got out. I apologize for the oversight. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. ...and no, we did not use a grinder.

I have no problem disclosing that ASC is a contractor of ours. (I cannot recommend working with C-products.) ASC built these to our patented specification. We based the end product off of their standard 10 round, marlube coated, stainless steel magazine because they have a solid reputation for superior performance and durability. Most metal magazines are aluminum, but the stainless steel magazines are more durable. All metal magazines use spot welds.

This magazine IS equipped with a Magpul type antitilt follower. Why would you claim that we used something inferior? It is true that the follower can wear out over time when used with a DFM bolt catch, however our testing has shown that a follower (that hasn't been consumer modified) will last thousands of rounds before replacement is warranted.

What really caught my eye was your claim that the plastic follower was somehow wearing out an 8620 carrier, 4140 cam pin, or 9310 bolt. You either have a pot metal carrier, or you are mistaken. There is no way that a plastic follower will wear down a steel bolt lug. ...ever.

If you are getting double feeds, something must be up. We've sold thousands of these without issue. Sometimes we have found that consumers have installed the magazine past the magazine catch so that the tabs are resting in the receiver. This can cause malfunctions. The magazine should be indexed on the magazine catch for proper functioning.

Lastly, I can now disclose that we recommend the Bear Flag Defense magazine loader.
http://www.bearflagdefense.com/ We have tested it, and after seeing the alternative prototypes from other firms, we recommend this product. The owners of this patent pending product are Californians, and I believe they have a superior product that works very well with our DFM. Here is a video with the Bear Flag Defense BF-10 used in conjunction with a DFM: https://youtu.be/AiS7I1H2_d8

To your point Citizen One, I think your concern will be alleviated by using a DFM (properly indexed on the magazine catch) with a standard bolt catch and Bear Flag Defense loaders. Meanwhile, Franklin Armory is supporting the CRPAF with every DFM sold. We donate $2 to the CRPAF on every unit sold. This money is then earmarked for litigation to fight the antigun bureaucracies and policies in California.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!
Old 06-13-2017, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
Citizen One, while some of your post is helpful, I must refute your analysis.

I will talk to the mill operator to ensure that the edges of the DFM bolt catch are properly deburred. It is a step in the process that is routinely performed, but it sounds like one got out. I apologize for the oversight. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. ...and no, we did not use a grinder.

I have no problem disclosing that ASC is a contractor of ours. (I cannot recommend working with C-products.) ASC built these to our patented specification. We based the end product off of their standard 10 round, marlube coated, stainless steel magazine because they have a solid reputation for superior performance and durability. Most metal magazines are aluminum, but the stainless steel magazines are more durable. All metal magazines use spot welds.

This magazine IS equipped with a Magpul type antitilt follower. Why would you claim that we used something inferior? It is true that the follower can wear out over time when used with a DFM bolt catch, however our testing has shown that a follower (that hasn't been consumer modified) will last thousands of rounds before replacement is warranted.

What really caught my eye was your claim that the plastic follower was somehow wearing out an 8620 carrier, 4140 cam pin, or 9310 bolt. You either have a pot metal carrier, or you are mistaken. There is no way that a plastic follower will wear down a steel bolt lug. ...ever.

If you are getting double feeds, something must be up. We've sold thousands of these without issue. Sometimes we have found that consumers have installed the magazine past the magazine catch so that the tabs are resting in the receiver. This can cause malfunctions. The magazine should be indexed on the magazine catch for proper functioning.

Lastly, I can now disclose that we recommend the Bear Flag Defense magazine loader.
http://www.bearflagdefense.com/ We have tested it, and after seeing the alternative prototypes from other firms, we recommend this product. The owners of this patent pending product are Californians, and I believe they have a superior product that works very well with our DFM. Here is a video with the Bear Flag Defense BF-10 used in conjunction with a DFM: https://youtu.be/AiS7I1H2_d8

To your point Citizen One, I think your concern will be alleviated by using a DFM (properly indexed on the magazine catch) with a standard bolt catch and Bear Flag Defense loaders. Meanwhile, Franklin Armory is supporting the CRPAF with every DFM sold. We donate $2 to the CRPAF on every unit sold. This money is then earmarked for litigation to fight the antigun bureaucracies and policies in California.
After watching the YT video.. I think I'll be grabbing a few of the BearFlag Defense Loader.. Thank you
Old 06-13-2017, 9:09 AM

Franklin,

Thanks for chiming in here.

I'm curious to see the response by Citizen One.

It looks like he may be off base on a couple things, but it also looks like you may want to do a little closer scrutiny on the mags and bolt release QC.

As I've said if and when I try one it will be with my stock bolt release as that appears to alleviate many of the problems.

Not to mention the fact if I ever encounter a rogue cop who wants to bust me for a "not a fixed mag"rifle-he's going to have to work for it.

Not that I am really worried about that-but it could happen.

And thanks for the links to the other loader-I had no idea of it's existence.

As I clicked the link-I thought ...
"please be $10 cheaper !-please be $10 cheaper!-Doh!-$5 cheaper-oh well-at least it's cheaper!

EDIT: actually they are $31.67ea. if you pre-order qty 3 or $30 ea if you pre-order qty 5

Then I saw pre-order...oh...projected November delivery?

Well-competition is good regardless-maybe mean will drop their price $5 or $6 bucks-who knows?

Last edited by LEAD LAUNCHER; 06-13-2017 at 9:36 AM.. Reason: updated price
Old 06-13-2017, 11:02 AM

You guys trying to reengineer the functionality of an AR just to keep a pistol grip and a flash hider amuse me.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2017, 11:41 AM

I agree with rumble.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumble phish View Post
You guys trying to reengineer the functionality of an AR just to keep a pistol grip and a flash hider amuse me.

I can't blame you for that opinion at all.

The only fixed mag centerfire semi I have right now is a Garand.

My detachable centerfire semi rifle's are all either bullet buttoned or featureless.

But if these companies can get an AR running reliably(and loaded quickly) with a fixed mag more power to them.

For the crowd that doesn't want to reg-but views featureless grips and stocks as goofy looking and gizmo's that drop the mag when you break open as suspect contraptions.

I'm not saying I am in that group by the way-but options are good..
until I can get out of this steaming turd of a state.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Thanks for the photos Citizen One. The early DFM Bolt Catches were not trimmed as far back as they are now, and it looks like you have an earlier example. I am happy to modify it for you if you'd like to send it back.

I am not aware of any metal magazine for an AR that does not use spot welds. Do you know of any? There certainly are alternative methods that cost more, but I can't see the cost/benefit.

The follower will get worn by the bolt lug if a DFM Bolt Catch is employed. I don't disagree. Our DFMs showed similar wear in testing. They did not exhibit any problems of functioning though, even after relatively high round counts.

Your post mentions that double feeds are occurring. Generally that is an extraction or gas issue. A misfeed could be related to the feed lips if they were spewing more than one round at a time, but I wonder if your gas system was just barely strong enough to cycle with the other magazines. Now that it might have more resistance from a slightly stiffer magazine spring, perhaps it is slowing down the bolt enough to cause the double feed.

A misfeed where the round simply doesn't hit the feed ramp or chamber is a different issue. That certainly could be caused by the angle of the feed lips. You mentioned that you have altered the feed lips, so I'm not sure if that is our fault or yours. I would be happy to send you a new one to see if this problem goes away. How many rounds do you have on the magazine?

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the Drop-in Fixed Magazine (DFM), and the CA7, CA11, and CA12 Rostered AR Pistols!
Old 06-13-2017, 1:02 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Lol, these gimmicks are garbage and will soon enough be banned as well. Enjoy your nuetured guns while you can.

Do you have anything constructive to add or are you just looking to make drive by snide comments and end up banned?
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 06-13-2017, 1:14 PM

Wow-comparing the follower design on those two mags looks like comparing an apple with a banana.

And I'm not talking about the color difference.

Old 06-13-2017, 1:21 PM

Just my feelings on it. I can't have and voice my opinion? I've added plenty to the conversation many months ago and I've decided for myself that going featureless and removing myself from the scope of these asinine laws is the best way to go. I applaud those trying to find ways around but as has been proven, I think the state will just make these new devices illegal just as they have the original bullet button. They are Band-Aids at best, and I'm not falling for it again. For those that say the state will just make SA's illegal, it'll be a lot tougher for them to do that than it will be to go after these devices and ammo, as they already have. Remember, the State like low-hanging fruit and I think these devices just make perfect targets for them.

Old 06-13-2017, 6:31 PM
Señor Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
I agree with rumble.
We'll see who's crying when they have to go fixed mag on their featureless next year.

They went after featureless before and Brown vetoed it, along with a stack of other bills that he signed last year.

NewScum will ASK FOR and sign any anti-gun bill he can get.

By 2020, 2022 at the latest anything that's not lever action or revolver will be RAW.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2017, 6:40 PM
Calguns Addict

DA revolvers will be defined as semi automatic and banned as well. Especially high capacity models over 6 rounds. Low capacity will be labeled gang banger specials and banned as well.

SA CF revolvers will be banned as well for using fixed ammunition.

BP will be utterly banned for being an explosive. More specifically, importation will be banned and current license holders will not be allowed to renew to remain a vendor.

Hunting rifles will be banned for being sniperific.

lever guns and historical firearms will be banned for being culturally inappropriate.

Rimfire will be banned for being a gateway gun into gun culture. Ditto with BB guns, sling shots, and cap guns will be considered the same as projectile fired weapons.
Old 06-13-2017, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
We'll see who's crying when they have to go fixed mag on their featureless next year.

They went after featureless before and Brown vetoed it, along with a stack of other bills that he signed last year.

NewScum will ASK FOR and sign any anti-gun bill he can get.

By 2020, 2022 at the latest anything that's not lever action or revolver will be RAW.
Nice non sequitur, lol
Old 06-13-2017, 7:55 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Nice non sequitur, lol
As was the post I responded to

Quote:
Old 06-14-2017, 6:10 AM

Quote:
As was the post I responded to
Not really, bro, you need to brush up on your logic.
Old 06-14-2017, 5:20 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Not really, bro, you need to brush up on your logic.
Whatever dude.
It's completely off topic, might want to take a look at Kest's post to Rumble.

Quote:
Old 06-14-2017, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Whatever dude.
It's completely off topic, might want to take a look at Kest's post to Rumble.
Look, bro, Kest's post was a response to a different "snide" comment, as he put it, not the one you referenced with your own off topic, snide, remarks. Off topic, and non sequitur, are two totally different things; you got them both in. Shame on you; you know about glass houses, don't you?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:23 PM

I understand free markets and I certainly support their right to charge whatever the market will bear, but how many of you are going to buy these side loading devices at $35-$40 each? That's what Mean Arms and Bear Arms Defense are charging for their gizmos. The way I look at it, if I have a fixed mag rifle, I want to carry as many loaders as I would magazines for a replaceable mag rifle. Logically I should expect to pay about the same as I do for a magazine, but not 2-4 times as much. What say you calgunners?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Spent $299 for this text!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marausch View Post
I understand free markets and I certainly support their right to charge whatever the market will bear, but how many of you are going to buy these side loading devices at $35-$40 each? That's what Mean Arms and Bear Arms Defense are charging for their gizmos. The way I look at it, if I have a fixed mag rifle, I want to carry as many loaders as I would magazines for a replaceable mag rifle. Logically I should expect to pay about the same as I do for a magazine, but not 2-4 times as much. What say you calgunners?
Price and value are subjective, but I certainly won't be rushing out to buy a pile of these

Old 06-21-2017, 12:47 PM

I agree ..the first thing I thought on both Mean and Bear Defense-was expensive!

Ultimately I thing they will sell well at the price they are asking.

The Bear defense one seems to be the way to go.

A qty of 5 is certainly not too many and their preorder price of qty 5 makes the loaders $30 each including a shirt.

That's not a crazy amount more than a mag.

Well no-ok.. I'm wrong-what are 10 round pmags-$12-$15 ea?

Yeah-they are still pricey..like twice the price of a mag.

I'd just be happy if they were actually available at this point.

Last edited by LEAD LAUNCHER; 06-21-2017 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 PM

Why post about it on a non private internet forum? Want to call attention to yourself?
Old 06-21-2017, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post
Why post about it on a non private internet forum? Want to call attention to yourself?
Be careful what you say, lest it be interpreted as a "snide" comment...

Old 06-21-2017, 2:49 PM

Not sure if anyone's asked this yet or not, I'm only somewhat following this thread - will this work with .300blk as well? Seems like the cartridges should fit just fine, but wondering if the different cartridge shape might jam things up.

Old 06-22-2017, 2:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

What do you call installing a stupid grip fin or some Star Wars looking rifle stock and going featureless? You guys that want to re-engineer and dorkify your AR's amuse me.

Maybe you've never held an AR before, but if you can't have the pistol grip there's NO POINT in owning an AR, might as well go with an M1 and avoid the trouble. Jesus...

I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

Last edited by myk; 06-22-2017 at 2:54 AM..
Old 06-22-2017, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
What do you call installing a stupid grip fin or some Star Wars looking rifle stock and going featureless? You guys that want to re-engineer and dorkify your AR's amuse me.

Maybe you've never held an AR before, but if you can't have the pistol grip there's NO POINT in owning an AR, might as well go with an M1 and avoid the trouble. Jesus...
I LIKE THAT.. Good way to start my day..
Old 06-22-2017, 8:42 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Not sure if anyone's asked this yet or not, I'm only somewhat following this thread - will this work with .300blk as well? Seems like the cartridges should fit just fine, but wondering if the different cartridge shape might jam things up.
I can't speak for the MA-Loader, but I absolutely CAN speak for the BF-10.

https://www.facebook.com/bearflagdef...6106624183948/

MAKE CALIFORNIA SUCK LESS!
Kevin
Bear Flag Defense
http://www.bearflagdefense.com
Old 06-22-2017, 8:56 AM

Thanks for the info, Citizen One and Kevin. Sounds like your BF-10 is the way to go right now for 300blk users.

Old 06-22-2017, 7:39 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marausch View Post
I understand free markets and I certainly support their right to charge whatever the market will bear, but how many of you are going to buy these side loading devices at $35-$40 each?
I bought three, and if they work well, will likely buy more.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2017, 3:50 PM

I worry when a company feels the need to post "proof" that the product is real and explain that "they know what they're doing".

Last edited by CandG; 06-26-2017 at 3:52 PM..