Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-21-2017, 9:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman View Post
To me, the Vepr in 7.62x54r was a cheaper alternative and provided similar capability (except mag availability) as the Springfield Armory M1A.
Csspecs came out with a great 10 round mag earlier this year for 54r. All steel construction, lots of good reviews over on akfiles. Need to check which bolt you have though. Details on their product page
http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-7-62x...d-description/

Last edited by huntingsocal; 06-21-2017 at 9:46 AM..
Old 06-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Figures. Right as I had my heart set on getting a Vepr.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:16 PM

I picked up an FM-AK47-11 at Riflegear last year when they were first released. It was an impulse purchase, but now I'm glad I made it. Ak's are a breeze to go featureless on.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:42 PM

Looks like all the major retailers sold out of VEPRs in all calibers/configs. Glad I got my FM awhile back. Had a VEPR12 on my list but probably not gonna happen anymore due to these sanctions =/
Old 06-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Stuff is still available on gunbroker.
Old 06-21-2017, 7:05 PM

So glad I picked one up from Solar Tactical over the memorial day sale. I have an ar15 grip conversion with miad and exile fin on it.

ig @watch.kakashi
Old 06-21-2017, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alks207 View Post
Stuff is still available on gunbroker.
Yeah I was considering picking up another one but then the bids started jumping.

I don't NEED a second.

So I bought ammo instead
Old 06-21-2017, 9:55 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Ended up with three bought on Monday-

7.62 x 39mm Ak47
.308 20.5 inch
54r 20.5 inch

All around $800. I picked the 54r up from Wylde Built, last one. Wanted a 23 inch version but they were all out. Atlantic was very cool as usual and I consider it all good! Lucky I saw the you tube video early in the afternoon.

Then started to read how the 20.5" was potentially a bit more accurate due to less barrel whip? Oh well, turns out it's the difference of 2.7" less length (20.5" - 23.2"). Some say it was the equivalent of only 60 FPS.

There was a 27" for awhile too, but those are years gone. Love to get that monster! They also had a .243, .30-06, and a 6.5 grendal version.

I snoozed on Legion Ishmash Saigas when they were $900 at Atlantic back in the day and paid $1300 for one in 2012, now the thing is worth $2000+. Why I didn't partake of more Russian stuff when I had the chance is another one on the regret list.

Good news for others is that tens of thousands made it through and there will be plenty second hand for some time, albeit at double the original prices. But not the end of the world, just harder to swallow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-21-2017, 11:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

K-var still has most in stock for anyone looking

http://www.k-var.com/shop/Vepr-rifles/

Been thinking about getting a pioneer lately since its already featureless, but it's a matter of time before they're all gone now I figure
Old 06-22-2017, 10:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hey guys. This bill, while overwhelmingly passed in the Senate, was blocked by the GOP-controlled House.

So.... it ain't ACTUALLY a thing yet. But you can bet people will act like it is, with price gouging and such. Will it happen eventually Yes.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

"Liberty, as well as honor, man ought to preserve at the hazard of his life, for without it life is insupportable." - Miguel de Cervantes

Let your desires and emotions be ruled by reason.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthippus View Post
Hey guys. This bill, while overwhelmingly passed in the Senate, was blocked by the GOP-controlled House.

So.... it ain't ACTUALLY a thing yet. But you can bet people will act like it is, with price gouging and such. Will it happen eventually Yes.
Like with everything government, it's a very complicated mess. After doing some reading this is the current state of affairs:

The bill passed in the senate 98-2. They sent it to the house and some Republicans had an objection related to some kind of issue about how spending bills can't originate in the senate. Really weird issue, but no one is against the sanctions on some kind of principled level (there are a few who don't want it, but there is no group that is saying it's wrong and we won't do it, etc.). Some Dems say it's a delay tactic, etc.

Trump will not comment on the entire issue until it goes through the house, but it's really really unlikely at the height of Russian hysteria that he would say no. He would be putting himself further into the BS doghouse.

This, apparently, is not really related to the sanctions that effect Molot, it's not really in that bill. The Treasury department has already acted on the stuff that effects Molot, and it's already in place. Don't know what the connection is with the bill, but it seems like this is a separate to that. So if the bill passes or not the Treasury would still have to be directed to lift these new sanctions.

I'll follow the story more closely and try to come up with some better answers.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

On another note, the sanctions bill doesn't just deal with Russia, it also effects Iran. So there is more to it than just the Russian angle. Again, I don't think any of it effects the stuff already put in place by the Dept. of the Treasury against Molot.
Quote:

Old 06-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Reading more and came across two articles that have good information. Basically, the first article written in Jan says there was some hope the sanctions could be lifted or at least not effect Molot.

The second article written yesterday highlights the fact that the Treasury sanctions are already in place, citing the connection to the Kalashnikov Concern and allegations that they are getting guns to Assad in Syria. The bill in the house would FURTHER the sanctions already in place. But they are two separate things.

A giant bummer, for a moment I hoped that they could kill the bill and things would change, but it doesn't look like it.

2013 say 200,000 imports from Russia, after the Crimean conflict it went to just 10,000 in 2015. It seems like most of the guns sold today are from the late 2014 timeframe, meaning they were imported at that time. Molot was trying to get more than usual in this year, but the cookie crumbled differently.

Guns.com article 1: Could Trump administration lift floodgates on gun imports?

Guns.com article 2 : Feds add Molot to list of sanctioned Russian companies
Quote:

Old 06-23-2017, 5:04 PM

Received the following email from Legion USA this now:

Vepr Molot US Sanctions:

http://mailchi.mp/legionusainc/tz6kh...5?e=69210b683a

Hello from Legion USA.
There seemed to be a lot of confusion about US Sanctions against Russia, and we are getting a lot of questions about it. I’ll briefly explain the situation. **

2014 US imposes sanctions against Russia for violating the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and for stealing the assets of the Ukrainian people. There is a list of companies and individuals that were directly affected by this executive order. Throughout the last three years that list has exponentially grown, many more Russian companies and officials were added to it.
What is happening now. As we all know Izhmash (Russia’s biggest firearm manufacturer) was sanctioned in the first round of this process. Automatically all products manufactured by Izhmash are no longer importable to the United States. In the latest sanction expansion Molot-Oruzhie was added to the list of companies that are directly or indirectly involved in the above-mentioned conflict.
As a result, Saiga and Vepr firearms and accessories manufactured by Izhmash and Molot-Oruzhie are no longer importable into the USA. Saiga and Vepr are not banned, it’s simply not importable as long as sanctions are in place. And since Russia not planning on abandoning Crimean Peninsula it is unlikely that sanctions will be lifted.
There is another round of sanctions being discussed by US government for punishing Russia for meddling in the 2016 US presidential election. Outcome of it is unknown to me at this time.
I will be posting this letter to our blog that will be open to comments, so if you have questions or concerns that I can answer you can post it there. Here is a link to our blog.

https://www.legionusa.com/molot-prod...portable..html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeQuest View Post
Following article by CIA's Phil Giraldi (who was Ron Paul's foreign policy advisor during his 2008 presidential run) mentions the sanctions as well:

http://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/israels-...little-secret/

Last edited by JusticeQuest; 06-23-2017 at 5:07 PM..
Old 06-23-2017, 7:32 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Yeah, that confirms my fear that the sanctions have nothing to do with whether the law is enacted or not. The bill would just make it worse.

Bummer, big time. Another reason for us to hate this complete BS hysteria about Russia. Just another fabrication from John Pothesda and the corporate democratic cronies who can't admit they **** the bed five ways from Sunday with Hitlery and their awful platform of non-ideas.
Quote:

Old 06-23-2017, 8:08 PM

Exactly! US media talks Russian influence but not Israel's:

http://america-hijacked.com/2016/08/...ian-influence/

No US media mention of CBS censoring what Oliver Stone said to Stephen Colbert as CIA's Phil Giraldi wrote in following article:

http://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/israels-...little-secret/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Yeah, that confirms my fear that the sanctions have nothing to do with whether the law is enacted or not. The bill would just make it worse.

Bummer, big time. Another reason for us to hate this complete BS hysteria about Russia. Just another fabrication from John Pothesda and the corporate democratic cronies who can't admit they **** the bed five ways from Sunday with Hitlery and their awful platform of non-ideas.
Old 06-23-2017, 8:38 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeQuest View Post

No US media mention of CBS censoring what Oliver Stone said to Stephen Colbert as CIA's Phil Giraldi wrote in following article:
It's a joke, these Liberal fascists making fun of Stone who is at least a principled progressive and no friend of the corporate democrats we all love to hate. Their idiocy caused these Molot sanctions, and they are a dead party and morally corrupt to blame Russians for their own total lack of character and failure to govern according to the principles they are supposed to have.

Neo-liberal scum.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 7:21 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Here is a video from Misha, he tells the entire story:

Quote:

Old 07-07-2017, 4:20 AM

Hi,

Thanks for posting! Could you include the Youtube URL as well because the embedded video is hanging up on me for some reason when I try to play it?

[QUOTE=Discogodfather;20329273]Here is a video from Misha, he tells the entire story:

[/QUOTE]
Old 07-07-2017, 8:50 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Another good video explaining in detail:

Direct links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnXcyg7NaIA&t=91s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS-qO5T0iwQ

Quote:

Old 07-07-2017, 8:56 PM

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post