Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-05-2013, 9:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default It matters not if you've never owned a semi-auto...

For those of you, and I know there are more than a few, that are content with the firearms you currently own, or are simply not interested in ever getting a semi-automatic firearm, or one with a removeable magazine. Maybe you just hunt and plink with your gun and never thought about the potential for self-defense.

They will come for yours too, sooner or later. The time to get to those phones/faxes/and CGF call-to-arms is now. Even if the only gun you own is your granddaddy's old single-shot break-open .410 shotgun you shoot those pesky buzz worms with when they come every summer.

First they came for the full autos but I didn't own a full auto so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the "assault rifles" but I didn't own an "assault rifle" so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the "high capacity" magazines but they granted me an exception on the ones already in my possession so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the handguns they thought weren't safe, but again granted me an exception for the ones I already owned so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the semi-automatic firearms, but at least they let me register the ones I already had so I didn't stand up,
Then they came back for those "high capacity" magazines, the ones they said I could keep and I'm like OMGWTGBBQ!!!
Will they come for my revolvers?
Will they come for my off-roster handguns?
Will they come for my fixed-magazine semi-automatic rifles?
Will they come for my repeating firearms?
I don't even own a muzzle-loading rifle, should I get one now just in case I need to stand up for when they come for those too?

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Can I re-post that on my Facebook page?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We should add dates and SB# so people (outside of CalGuns) realize this is real.

They will come for yours too, sooner or later.

First they came for the full autos but I didn't own a full auto so I didn't stand up, 1983
Then they came for the "assault rifles" but I didn't own an "assault rifle" so I didn't stand up, 1994 CA 2000
Then they came for the "high capacity" magazines but they granted me an exception on the ones already in my possession so I didn't stand up, 2000
Then they came for the handguns they thought weren't safe, but again granted me an exception for the ones I already owned so I didn't stand up, date?
Then they came for the semi-automatic firearms, but at least they let me register the ones I already had so I didn't stand up, NOW
Then they came back for those "high capacity" magazines, the ones they said I could keep and I'm like OMGWTGBBQ!!! NOW
Will they come for my revolvers? Soon
Will they come for my off-roster handguns? SSE is on the line NOW
Will they come for my fixed-magazine semi-automatic rifles? They are already re-defining fixed-magazine
Will they come for my repeating firearms? Soon
I don't even own a muzzle-loading rifle, should I get one now just in case I need to stand up for when they come for those too? Last but not least!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Calguns Addict

OP is right on the money!

The "Line in the sand" is moving more rapidly than ever before. This "line" is now at the bolt action rifles.

My interest is at semi autos, not bolts. By the time the bolt gunners need my support, I will be long gone as my semi autos will have long since been banned. Sad state of affairs. Divide and conquer at its finest.

Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

"If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

Last edited by MaHoTex; 09-05-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Banned

Stop with the suggestions that people need to call, write, or fax their representatives on this matter. If you think that civil participation is still a viable route to ensure we keep our liberties, then you should turn all of your guns in now to save you the time of handing them in later.

What's the point of even owning firearms in America if you're not willing to even at least consider using them for their true intended purpose?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrage View Post
Stop with the suggestions that people need to call, write, or fax their representatives on this matter. If you think that civil participation is still a viable route to ensure we keep our liberties, then you should turn all of your guns in now to save you the time of handing them in later.

What's the point of even owning firearms in America if you're not willing to even at least consider using them for their true intended purpose?

We should not stop, even if one day we have to resort to the ammo box.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
Can I re-post that on my Facebook page?
Yeah sure, just credit me and my Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uspolicestate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
We should add dates and SB# so people (outside of CalGuns) realize this is real.

They will come for yours too, sooner or later.

First they came for the full autos but I didn't own a full auto so I didn't stand up, 1983
Then they came for the "assault rifles" but I didn't own an "assault rifle" so I didn't stand up, 1994 CA 2000
Then they came for the "high capacity" magazines but they granted me an exception on the ones already in my possession so I didn't stand up, 2000
Then they came for the handguns they thought weren't safe, but again granted me an exception for the ones I already owned so I didn't stand up, date?
Then they came for the semi-automatic firearms, but at least they let me register the ones I already had so I didn't stand up, NOW
Then they came back for those "high capacity" magazines, the ones they said I could keep and I'm like OMGWTGBBQ!!! NOW
Will they come for my revolvers? Soon
Will they come for my off-roster handguns? SSE is on the line NOW
Will they come for my fixed-magazine semi-automatic rifles? They are already re-defining fixed-magazine
Will they come for my repeating firearms? Soon
I don't even own a muzzle-loading rifle, should I get one now just in case I need to stand up for when they come for those too? Last but not least!
I was thinking of doing this, but when the muse is upon me I have to seize the moment before it's gone. I do think you are right and going back to add in the relevant acts and bills as a footnote is something I intend to do soon.

Government Official Lies
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Angry ARE YOU PISSED YET?

Quote:

Because most people are complacent. I agree, calling or anything else is a F*C**G waste! These scumbags do NOT give a flying phuk bout what you or I have to say on that matter. They will do what pleases their pocket or career!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I think this thread needs a rest…..
Old 09-05-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:

because it's easier said than done...
Old 09-05-2013, 12:36 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

How about you go use your firearms to get your rights back, and we'll all watch what happens on the news tough guy
Old 09-05-2013, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213 View Post
How about you go use your firearms to get your rights back, and we'll all watch what happens on the news tough guy
Facepalm for your reading comprehension. Obviously you are completely unwilling to contemplate the 'ammo box'. Sorry to disturb you from your gun hobby, enjoy your toys while you still have them.

Until on the political elite understand we will not abide by their biased votes or skewed judicial decisions, and that we will assert our natural rights by any and all constitutional means, they will continue to usurp our freedoms.

The question everyone should ask themselves, when will it be convenient for you to make your final stand?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."
- Thomas Paine, The Crisis
Old 09-05-2013, 9:05 PM

Quote:

Unvarnished, honest and humble. Unfortunately I agree with every single word. The chair is against the wall.
Old 09-05-2013, 9:31 PM
Calguns Addict

I wonder how the media will cover the story about the gun owner who uses his guns to preserve his right to keep his guns? Anyone want to fill in the blanks for me?

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 09-05-2013, 10:57 PM

Amen! And the answers to your last 5 questions are YES, YES, YES, YES & YES. By not allowing the future Generation to own semi-autos and not allowing me to pass down my Semi-Auto's that is GUN CONFICATION through attrition. It does not get any more Unconstitutional than that. This needs to go to the Supreme Court or Something. The nerve to take peoples legally owned Magazines. God Help Us.

Last edited by 45_acp; 09-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: fix spelling
Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

^^^ I wish I could respond to your post with my true feelings but it would just be removed and I would get banned.

Thanks for posting this many here agree with your sentiment.
“This decision is a freedom calculus decided long ago by Colonists who cherished individual freedom more than the subservient security of a British ruler. The freedom they fought for was not free of cost then, and it is not free now.”

Hon. Roger T. Benitez
United States District Judge
March 29, 2019
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

this. i wish it was not true, but unfortunately its more truthful than 90% of the "dont rock the boat" mentality here. calling feels good, but people NEED to realize calls are not going to stop anything. person A makes 100 calls and person B makes 3 calls. they both have the same effect in CA and that is none. and someone tells me "they need to here our voice so call"..........they hear our voice. they know what we are going to say before we call. they don't care.

the only slim hope i have left is that Brown vetos the ammo bills. if the ammo permit bills pass i will no longer be able to enjoy my sport as i am a broke college student who can barley afford the cheapest dirty Russian surplus ammo. if i am forced to buy a $200 ammo permit i wont be able to buy school books. if the ammo bills pass and there is no preliminary injunction i will only enjoy my archery habit till i leave this POS state. i am not being a defeatist, i know there are many people like me who will be unable to enjoy our chosen lifestyle because it will be to expensive.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

Last edited by mossy; 09-06-2013 at 12:50 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
i am almost sure our founding fathers, the sons of liberty, and all those who shot at red coats were told the same thing back in the old days. if you are not ready to defend your rights with force when all words fail give your guns to someone who is.

Old 09-06-2013, 1:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
For those of you, and I know there are more than a few, that are content with the firearms you currently own, or are simply not interested in ever getting a semi-automatic firearm, or one with a removeable magazine. Maybe you just hunt and plink with your gun and never thought about the potential for self-defense.

They will come for yours too, sooner or later. The time to get to those phones/faxes/and CGF call-to-arms is now. Even if the only gun you own is your granddaddy's old single-shot break-open .410 shotgun you shoot those pesky buzz worms with when they come every summer.

First they came for the full autos but I didn't own a full auto so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the "assault rifles" but I didn't own an "assault rifle" so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the "high capacity" magazines but they granted me an exception on the ones already in my possession so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the handguns they thought weren't safe, but again granted me an exception for the ones I already owned so I didn't stand up,
Then they came for the semi-automatic firearms, but at least they let me register the ones I already had so I didn't stand up,
Then they came back for those "high capacity" magazines, the ones they said I could keep and I'm like OMGWTGBBQ!!!
I don't even own a muzzle-loading rifle, should I get one now just in case I need to stand up for when they come for those too?
You sir, are right on the money. Eventually they will come for anything that you can use to defend yourself. (Many if them have already been banned, nunchuks, stars, knuckles...)

Guns, knives, bats, hammers, screwdrivers, and eventually you fists!

If you can defend yourself with it, they will take it away! Especially if you can defend yourself from tyranny with it!

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 09-06-2013, 4:19 AM

Quote:

This is the post of the year in my opinion. I don't think I have ever agreed more with any other statement on this board.

Quote:
We should not stop, even if one day we have to resort to the ammo box.
That day may be closer than most realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
Because most people are complacent. I agree, calling or anything else is a F*C**G waste! These scumbags do NOT give a flying phuk bout what you or I have to say on that matter. They will do what pleases their pocket or career!
Dead on 100% correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi1775 View Post
because it's easier said than done...
For some, yes.

For the rest of us........

Quote:
And this is how we have gotten where we are today. "We'll all watch".

Maybe it IS time to be a tough guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totus44 View Post
Until on the political elite understand we will not abide by their biased votes or skewed judicial decisions, and that we will assert our natural rights by any and all constitutional means, they will continue to usurp our freedoms.

The question everyone should ask themselves, when will it be convenient for you to make your final stand?
Totally agree. "They" will not stop until they are forced to stop. "They" need to be reminded that their job is to serve, not rule.

And an excellent question. When will it be convenient? When it only affects your niche? When you see your family and friends dragged away for not OBEYING unconstitutional laws? When we have nothing left to stand up to tyranny? When? When will it be convienient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
I wonder how the media will cover the story about the gun owner who uses his guns to preserve his right to keep his guns? Anyone want to fill in the blanks for me?
As domestic terrorists. The media will make us out to be crazy gun nuts. (Even more than they have already.) The system is already setup to make us criminals if we don't follow "THEIR" agenda. In the eyes of the media and the .gov, we are already enemies of the state. We just haven't "flexed our muscles" yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTHUSIAST View Post
^^^ I wish I could respond to your post with my true feelings but it would just be removed and I would get banned.

Thanks for posting this many here agree with your sentiment.
Many here indeed. I just wish more would stop hidding for fear of being flammed.

ENTHUSIAST, don't hide your true feelings. Let them out. I have a feeling you are not the only one feeling that way. And if they are going to ban you for your true feelings they are going to have to ban a ton of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
i am almost sure our founding fathers, the sons of liberty, and all those who shot at red coats were told the same thing back in the old days. if you are not ready to defend your rights with force when all words fail give your guns to someone who is.
Mossy, that is an absolutly beautiful statement and 100% dead on. Can I borrow that for a sig line? Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post
If you can defend yourself with it, they will take it away! Especially if you can defend yourself from tyranny with it!
And there it is. The bottom line. The end game. It is history repeating itself. The Germans. The Russians. The Cambodians. Over and over and over again. People hear the terms "History repeats itself" and "We must learn from history". But people don't HEAR history. They just don't understand how truely potent those terms are.

Look guys and gals, I am soooo tired of being the good little gun owner that abides by my rulers laws that "allow" us to enjoy or "hobby" (gawd, I hate that label). Our rights have been and continue to be stripped away at an alarming rate. Not just our rights, our children's rights, their children's rights. When are we as a people, as Americans, going to stand up and say NO MORE?
Phone calls, faxes, emails will do nothing to stop an agenda. It only gives "them" a reference to direct their next round of oppression.
They must be remimded that as representatives they serve US. A government by the people for the people. Not a statist controlled monarchy.

If anything has ever been "For the children" by God, this is it!!

Some will agree with me. Some will think I'm a loon (I don't care). But we are running out of sand to draw lines. The time is coming to put up or shut up. Which side will you be on?

Rant off.
Flame suit on.
Quote:
It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.

Last edited by 00Medic; 09-06-2013 at 4:29 AM..
Old 09-06-2013, 4:57 AM

Location: The chair is against the wall; John has a long mustache

Haven't had a chance to read this whole thread but OP you are right on point. And yes, we must, and I personally will, continue to fight for the rights I and so many others defended through our time in the service and that our forefathers defined in our constitution from day 1. It will be a struggle but anythign in life worth having is worth fighting for.
Old 09-06-2013, 5:01 AM
Veteran Member

An example of how politicians work was given by Barbara Boxer this week. She said her constituents are against military action in Syria. However, she said she "knows things" and will support the military actions.

We don't have "representatives" anymore.
Old 09-06-2013, 5:40 AM
Veteran Member

We are fast approaching that once-so-distant point in California where shooting sports will become the domain of the wealthy, the powerful and the influential.
Old 09-06-2013, 7:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Medic View Post
This is the post of the year in my opinion. I don't think I have ever agreed more with any other statement on this board.

That day may be closer than most realize.

Dead on 100% correct.

For some, yes.

For the rest of us........

And this is how we have gotten where we are today. "We'll all watch".

Maybe it IS time to be a tough guy.

Totally agree. "They" will not stop until they are forced to stop. "They" need to be reminded that their job is to serve, not rule.

And an excellent question. When will it be convenient? When it only affects your niche? When you see your family and friends dragged away for not OBEYING unconstitutional laws? When we have nothing left to stand up to tyranny? When? When will it be convienient?

As domestic terrorists. The media will make us out to be crazy gun nuts. (Even more than they have already.) The system is already setup to make us criminals if we don't follow "THEIR" agenda. In the eyes of the media and the .gov, we are already enemies of the state. We just haven't "flexed our muscles" yet.

Many here indeed. I just wish more would stop hidding for fear of being flammed.

ENTHUSIAST, don't hide your true feelings. Let them out. I have a feeling you are not the only one feeling that way. And if they are going to ban you for your true feelings they are going to have to ban a ton of us.

Mossy, that is an absolutly beautiful statement and 100% dead on. Can I borrow that for a sig line? Seriously.

And there it is. The bottom line. The end game. It is history repeating itself. The Germans. The Russians. The Cambodians. Over and over and over again. People hear the terms "History repeats itself" and "We must learn from history". But people don't HEAR history. They just don't understand how truely potent those terms are.

Look guys and gals, I am soooo tired of being the good little gun owner that abides by my rulers laws that "allow" us to enjoy or "hobby" (gawd, I hate that label). Our rights have been and continue to be stripped away at an alarming rate. Not just our rights, our children's rights, their children's rights. When are we as a people, as Americans, going to stand up and say NO MORE?
Phone calls, faxes, emails will do nothing to stop an agenda. It only gives "them" a reference to direct their next round of oppression.
They must be remimded that as representatives they serve US. A government by the people for the people. Not a statist controlled monarchy.

If anything has ever been "For the children" by God, this is it!!

Some will agree with me. Some will think I'm a loon (I don't care). But we are running out of sand to draw lines. The time is coming to put up or shut up. Which side will you be on?

Rant off.
Flame suit on.
I
Thanks. yeah, take it for a sig.

Old 09-06-2013, 7:17 AM
Calguns Addict

That's the exact reason I bought my M&P15 Sport...just because I knew it was the opposite of what they wanted...didn't even have an immediate need for it, but, it didn't matter...it's not about needs anyway, right?

When the issue isn't affecting you, its easy enough to not give it much thought...buying my M&P gives me every reason now to be right in the thick of things...I'm ok with that
Old 09-06-2013, 8:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGirlsHusband View Post
We are fast approaching that once-so-distant point in California where shooting sports will become the domain of the wealthy, the powerful and the influential.
Just like the UK

Government Official Lies
Old 09-06-2013, 8:16 AM

So what will it need to look like to be seen as a patriotic revolution, rather than just some "gun nuts." Will the spin doctors in the media convince the rest of the world that we're racists (Ruby Ridge) or maybe religious zealots (Waco)?

Will we need 100 patriots to die on the evening news? 1000? 10,000?

We all agree in principle, but as I sit in my air conditioned house, with a mostly full refrigerator, decent healthcare (for now), watching the Dodgers on my big screen, with my daughter playing in the backyard... I have to wonder how much any of us would be really willing to give up. I can't even force myself to contemplate it. Kudos if you can.

I hope to be voting with my feet (and U-Haul truck) sooner rather than later, which may be the best thing any of us can do. Remove more and more of the tax base and let the state crumble.

Old 09-06-2013, 8:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

That's cool. What do you plan to do about it? Because in California, politicians with platforms like many of the current Republicans have, they'll never be elected in territories that have any kind of political significance.

We either put forward Republicans that California would actually elect (who are also gun friendly), or we work on changing the perception of gun owners and grow acceptance of 2A, gun rights, and gun ownership by dispelling the plethora of negative stigmas and stereotypes. It seems most of us in the gun community are not interested in either of these.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
you know that it will be bad coverage that person will be made out to be some gun nut instead of a victim.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

You silly tacticool mall ninjas. I'll just sit back and pick you guys off with my slingshot, long bow, and atlatl. They'll never come for those.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 09-06-2013, 9:23 AM

Quote:

Right now, since it's not law all we can do is write, email, and call. One person alone cannot fight tyranny but if there are enough people with a spine and the internal fortitude we can stop the infringement.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Hello,

I "dont do" the semi auto thing, and I have claimed many times to support black rifle people, because you take the flak so I don't have to.

But it is getting harder. because of people like you.

People like you assume, just because I don't shoot a black rifle at the range, that I don't support you. Get off your high horse. Don't insult your friends. Or else you WILL lose my support.

I'm fatigued from my own brothers saying "the bolt action guys and hunters are just not supporting us EBR guys!"

You have my support. I fight for you. Now shut up and stop accusing me of the opposite.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Hello,

I "dont do" the semi auto thing, and I have claimed many times to support black rifle people, because you take the flak so I don't have to.

People like you assume, just because I don't shoot a black rifle at the range, that I don't support you. Get off your high horse. Don't insult your friends. Or else you WILL lose my support.

I'm fatigued from my own brothers saying "the bolt action guys and hunters are just not supporting us EBR guys!"

You have my support. I fight for you. Now shut up and stop accusing me of the opposite.
I don't think he was accusing you of anything. Unfortunately you are one of the few bolt action guys that does support the cause. It's not like he could make a statement and make sure to give you and the other few guys that support EBR guys individual props. As a generality he is correct.
We're all on the same side.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:29 AM

Quote:

I have nothing against using the "cartridge box" if all other options have been tried and failed. It's a CYA thing; if/when the next revolution occurs you want to be able to point to history and say, "We tried all peaceful options first and, through their actions, they left us no other choice".

My 2 cents...

-Ruskie
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
Old 09-06-2013, 9:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymatt View Post
I don't think he was accusing you of anything. Unfortunately you are one of the few bolt action guys that does support the cause. It's not like he could make a statement and make sure to give you and the other few guys that support EBR guys individual props. As a generality he is correct.
We're all on the same side.
Do you think non semi auto shooters are that dumb? I'm one of the few/ bull****, we ALL support the EBR guys.
Old 09-06-2013, 9:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hello,

I don't believe and definitely hope that POLICESTATE is trying to come across like that. There are actually many EBR/Black Rifle guys that are way more apathetic than some of the hunting crowd (which I'm sure even you are willing to admit contain some members who could care less about EBRs).

Conversely, I hope all of us are also getting together in the fight against AB711 (lead hunting ammo ban). For those that don't hunt, it doesn't affect you yet. But how long until it does.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 09-06-2013, 9:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
I have nothing against using the "cartridge box" if all other options have been tried and failed. It's a CYA thing; if/when the next revolution occurs you want to be able to point to history and say, "We tried all peaceful options first and, through their actions, they left us no other choice".

My 2 cents...

-Ruskie
I wish more would understand thinking it all the way through to the far end of possible outcomes like this and stop harrassing those that keep fighting.

We do so because we must and it is necessary.

We are not under any illusions.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Do you think non semi auto shooters are that dumb? I'm one of the few/ bull****, we ALL support the EBR guys.
You all support EBR guys? That's a bold statement. I can't begin to tell you all of the dirty looks and snide comments I get at the range from non semi auto guys. All non semi auto guys do not support EBR guys. In fact, many support AWB and such legislation. I'm happy to have your support and I'm sure POLICESTATE is as well but you are not the majority of non semi auto guys that I have run in to.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Calguns Addict

What we need on a broader level is more people to realize that the 2nd amendment under attack means all the other amendments are just as up for grabs, agree with the 2nd or not.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymatt View Post
You all support EBR guys? That's a bold statement. I can't begin to tell you all of the dirty looks and snide comments I get at the range from non semi auto guys. All non semi auto guys do not support EBR guys. In fact, many support AWB and such legislation. I'm happy to have your support and I'm sure POLICESTATE is as well but you are not the majority of non semi auto guys that I have run in to.
Either that, or your range has all the non supporters.

Stop alienating the people you want on your side.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Hello,

If you take what I wrote to mean all of the non-semi-auto folks then you're taking it the wrong way. It's my fault, I should have prefaced my original post with some sort of disclaimer.

BTW, did you see my thread in the C&R forum? "It matters not if you don't own modern firearms..." http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=818701

Oh wait, I did preface my post with "For those of you, and I know there are more than a few,"

I guess you missed that part?

If you feel my comments were directed at you anyway, I don't know what to say. Normally I would take the offensive and say "obviously I've touched a nerve" but you support us "EBR" folks so I see no reason to take that approach.

I'm going to chalk it up to you missed a sentence because of the length of my post (which I have been known to do myself) and thank you for your support. I wish we had the support of more folks like you.

Just think how many of the folks that support gun ownership but also support much of the recent and forthcoming gun control are not on Calguns. I wish I could reach them somehow.

My intention is not to upset people at our own community, it's to upset them, and galvanize them against the gun-grabbers who are our common foe whether we just plink every now and again, hunt, or waste lots of lead into steel targets.

Government Official Lies