Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2018, 7:15 AM
BerettaMatt BerettaMatt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Silly Gun Belt question

Going pee at a urinal with any OWB or IWB holster is a challenge. Will a nice gun belt resolve this for the most part?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2018, 7:20 AM
XDJYo XDJYo is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 3,617
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

With Leviís 501 or similar button fly pants, I would imagine itís a non-starter. However, zippered pants are easier to navigate the ccw world.

I have found that a properly stiff gun belt solves a lot of problems. But, if itís still a problem, you can opt to pee like a girl.
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2018, 7:47 AM
Divehobo's Avatar
Divehobo Divehobo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Massachusetts West
Posts: 754
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Sounds like pulling pants down to pee might already be the issue. My belt and zipper are not connected and unless i'm copping a squat, owb/iwb, not an issue. If taking a dump, use larger handicap stall to allow extra room for carry gear.

Bullhidebelts.com
__________________
President of Front Sight
NRA Endowment member

PM me for your FrontSight needs.

WTB: Sig 220 Legion
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default Silly Gun Belt question

Try the zipper 🤦🏼


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2018, 1:11 PM
HAWK91 HAWK91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tracy
Posts: 71
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Whip it out of the zipper... problem solved!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-07-2018, 2:33 PM
Notpc's Avatar
Notpc Notpc is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Out In The Desert(Behind Enemy Lines)
Posts: 514
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Are you standing Matt or are we assuming gender ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2018, 6:40 PM
BerettaMatt BerettaMatt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Ok is a gun belt worth the money?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2018, 6:47 PM
smashycrashy smashycrashy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,257
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Very stiff belt solves a lot of ccw issues, grab a good one. I use a Kore.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2018, 7:48 PM
TKM's Avatar
TKM TKM is offline
Libertarian Space Cowboy.
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: May have been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Posts: 8,303
iTrader: 67 / 100%
Default

http://www.holdup.com/
__________________
ďSometimes you canít make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, executing the hens who laid them on trumped up charges and setting the most rebellious henhouse on fire as an example to the others.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-07-2018, 8:24 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,490
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaMatt View Post
Going pee at a urinal with any OWB or IWB holster is a challenge. Will a nice gun belt resolve this for the most part?
I am not sure I really want to know, but why is it a problem. Are we talking unzipping the fly and using the created window, or are we talking about undoing the belt the button, the zipper and clearing the whole space.

If were talking using the fly belt shouldn't matter, if we are talking essentially dropping the trousers, a belt won't make a difference there either, only going to a shoulder holster or belly band will help.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-07-2018, 8:53 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,490
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post
Very stiff belt solves a lot of ccw issues, grab a good one. I use a Kore.
A very stiff belt is bad for your health, there have been numerous studies published (mostly revolving around a decade long debate in law enforcement) that shows most back and knee related injuries are actually traceable to stiff belts and the impact on the nerve stack in the hips. There are very few reasons for the person carrying IWB to have a stiff belt.

http://americancityandcounty.com/law...ing-their-load

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/229710.pdf

https://www.beltsfromoz.com.au/the-h...wrong-belt.php

https://scholarworks.gvsu.edu/cgi/vi...%20injuries%22
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:06 PM
smashycrashy smashycrashy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,257
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
A very stiff belt is bad for your health, there have been numerous studies published (mostly revolving around a decade long debate in law enforcement) that shows most back and knee related injuries are actually traceable to stiff belts and the impact on the nerve stack in the hips. There are very few reasons for the person carrying IWB to have a stiff belt.

http://americancityandcounty.com/law...ing-their-load

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/229710.pdf

https://www.beltsfromoz.com.au/the-h...wrong-belt.php

https://scholarworks.gvsu.edu/cgi/vi...%20injuries%22
The studies cited talk of overloaded belts...

I don't feel my belt at all since it ratchets I can size it perfectly and the load of one glock 19 (my heaviest gun on my CCW) won't be causing me any issues.

Throw 20 pounds of gear on there.. yeah it is a problem like in the articles.. but in and of itself a belt stiffness aint the problem...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2018, 1:49 AM
L84CABO's Avatar
L84CABO L84CABO is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orcas Island, WA and San Diego
Posts: 5,327
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaMatt View Post
Ok is a gun belt worth the money?
Yes. Or at least some of them are. There are certainly cheap and crappy ones out there. Gun belts are more rigid than regular belts. In particular, rigid across the width so that the weight of the gun doesn't bend the belt over on itself. Using a belt that is too weak can create a host of carry problems from your holster trying to pull away from your body, to the holster shifting, to the holster sagging, etc.

But much also depends on what you intend to carry. Your belt needs for carrying, say, a sub compact S&W Shield and a single mag may be different than if you were carrying, say, a full range load out (pistol, multiple pistol mags, multiple rifle mags, IFAK, light, knife, etc.). Obviously the full range load out will require a more robust belt than the sub compact/single mag.

I personally prefer a very stiff belt. But do take the time to read what Grantar2 posted as the articles are very informative. There have also been multiple posts recently on belt recommendations in this section and the "Firearms Accessories" section. With a little searching you can probably find them and there are a ton of recommendations for good belts at a lot of different price ranges.
__________________
"Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

Fighter Pilot
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-08-2018, 7:32 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,490
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashycrashy View Post
The studies cited talk of overloaded belts...

I don't feel my belt at all since it ratchets I can size it perfectly and the load of one glock 19 (my heaviest gun on my CCW) won't be causing me any issues.

Throw 20 pounds of gear on there.. yeah it is a problem like in the articles.. but in and of itself a belt stiffness aint the problem...
Overloaded belts are big issue, but the impact on nerves from even a standard belt or an over tight belt are a major issue. I am looking for the other articles in my files, mostly from UCLA medical and a Pennsylvania University Study.

The ratchet belt systems (I am design consultant for a company that makes that style of product) as much healthier than other styles of belts, however horizontal stiffness is a detriment vs. lateral stiffness which is a valuable attribute.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-08-2018, 7:46 PM
grantar2's Avatar
grantar2 grantar2 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 3,490
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
Yes. Or at least some of them are. There are certainly cheap and crappy ones out there. Gun belts are more rigid than regular belts. In particular, rigid across the width so that the weight of the gun doesn't bend the belt over on itself. Using a belt that is too weak can create a host of carry problems from your holster trying to pull away from your body, to the holster shifting, to the holster sagging, etc.

But much also depends on what you intend to carry. Your belt needs for carrying, say, a sub compact S&W Shield and a single mag may be different than if you were carrying, say, a full range load out (pistol, multiple pistol mags, multiple rifle mags, IFAK, light, knife, etc.). Obviously the full range load out will require a more robust belt than the sub compact/single mag.

I personally prefer a very stiff belt. But do take the time to read what Grantar2 posted as the articles are very informative. There have also been multiple posts recently on belt recommendations in this section and the "Firearms Accessories" section. With a little searching you can probably find them and there are a ton of recommendations for good belts at a lot of different price ranges.

Let's understand that for CCW depending on weapon a belt is not necessary. There are numerous carry systems that function very well with out a belt, some without the clothing providing any support at all. It depends on what you want. Example, better than 95% of women do not typically wear a belt. The majority of my female customers carry IWB with no belt in either a kydex or friction holster. The guns in question range from P238, to full size 1911's. Easy enough to do, and easy enough for me to demonstrate. Starting from that premise we then ask what you want the belt to do, and what your holster demands.

There are plenty of good gun belts out there. Now realize I run a CCW shop and I have my favorites. I can assure you each is effective and reliable however there are many out there. I prefer Nexbelt for many applications, especially dress and casual, however KORE is a high quality brand. There are differences between the two but both are reliable with excellent manufacture support. Both represent a healthy choice as both offer a better fit than can be obtained with a traditional hole belt. Having said that if your say a diesel mechanic doing road service, or you work in greasy, or gas environment, I would normally recommend the Daltech Force Super Bio belt. I have seen this belt tow and F-150, and yet is comfortable and very stable. It still suffers from evenly spaced holes that may or may not be perfect. If you have worn a ratchet belt be it a KORE or Nextbelt my experience is you won't go back.

Like holsters the question of belt is less direct than I have this gun what holster. Do you have back issues, do you have grastro intestinal issues. If yes you certainly would be better off with a ratchet belt especially if you have different load outs. My belt position is very different if I am wearing a Shield in a Sticky Holster vs. a Shield in a kydex holster on one side and dual mag holster on the other, which is different than if I am carrying my full size S&W M&P .40 S&W and a dual mag holster. Weight of load will be very different as well.

This may seem self serving but a gun belt can be a great reason to go to a gun show, or if your in OC stop by my store. You can handle the product and see if you like it before you buy. The gun show has multiple vendors, my store has just me, and I am only there by appointment.
__________________
www.PackinFurDefense.com Orange Counties Concealed Carry Store - Mission Viejo
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-09-2018, 9:16 AM
Lonestargrizzly's Avatar
Lonestargrizzly Lonestargrizzly is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,559
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaMatt View Post
Going pee at a urinal with any OWB or IWB holster is a challenge. Will a nice gun belt resolve this for the most part?
Wtf?
Are you still pulling your pants down around your ankles and holding your shirt up when you pee?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-09-2018, 9:20 AM
Lonestargrizzly's Avatar
Lonestargrizzly Lonestargrizzly is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 5,559
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

When i take a dump in public (in a stall on a toilet) i just unholster my pistol and put it in my boot and thats that.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-09-2018, 9:26 AM
WASR10's Avatar
WASR10 WASR10 is offline
Formerly Gecko45
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 2,850
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default Silly Gun Belt question

A good gun belt is invaluable. It helps prevent printing and to keep your gear in place.

Also, I always use a stall in public bathrooms. I just donít like having my back to everyone else while being in a very vulnerable position.
__________________
Mark 16:16

Last edited by WASR10; 09-09-2018 at 9:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:12 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.