Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 02-04-2018, 3:19 PM

Default Swfa thoughts and magnification

It seems that the swfa 10x fixed seems like a great scope. Great reviews and praise for the price.

Now the question.

Currently Iím shooting 100 yards only with my crosssfire 2 3-12x. I always run it at 12 and Iím only at 100 yards. Iím hoping to get out to 1000 soon and is 10x fixed even enough?

Iím a paper shooter right now and want to get into some matches possibly. What are they shooting at 1000. I assume a steel plate.

Swfa also has the fixed 12 for roughly the same price
Old 02-04-2018, 3:28 PM
Veteran Member

SWFA 10x has some great glass and has worked well for me out to 800 yards.

It just depends on what you feel comfortable with; too much magnification and that crosshair jumps like crazy.

Nice thing is, with a scope that's fixed, money's spent on better glass.
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Old 02-04-2018, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvette View Post
SWFA 10x has some great glass and has worked well for me out to 800 yards.

It just depends on what you feel comfortable with; too much magnification and that crosshair jumps like crazy.

Nice thing is, with a scope that's fixed, money's spent on better glass.
Thatís one reason I am going fixed. I have a variable and Iím always at max even at 100. Why even bother with the lower power.

Currently Iím only bench shooting so itís paper punching and Iím going for tight groups. I believe once we go further it was be ringing steel which is more about hitting a target vs where exactly itís hitting

I know the 10 was suppose to be a benchmark scope for swfa. What about the 12? Is the quality worse or should I expect the swme
Old 02-04-2018, 3:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyguan View Post
That’s one reason I am going fixed. I have a variable and I’m always at max even at 100. Why even bother with the lower power.

Currently I’m only bench shooting so it’s paper punching and I’m going for tight groups. I believe once we go further it was be ringing steel which is more about hitting a target vs where exactly it’s hitting

I know the 10 was suppose to be a benchmark scope for swfa. What about the 12? Is the quality worse or should I expect the swme
I have no experience with the 12 so I can't comment.

Where, and how often, will you shoot in excess of 100 yards?

I like having variable magnification. Even though I need as much as I can get, I don't always have it at max. But when I need more, it's always good to have it at my finger tips.
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Old 02-04-2018, 4:27 PM

Quote:
I have no experience with the 12 so I can't comment.

Where, and how often, will you shoot in excess of 100 yards?

I like having variable magnification. Even though I need as much as I can get, I don't always have it at max. But when I need more, it's always good to have it at my finger tips.
Iím almost always at 100 but 2 hours away we have a nice 1000 yard range and matches i would like to get into.

I shoot maybe once a month if I can. Unless I am doing some type of development I donít bring this rifle to the range
Old 02-04-2018, 4:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I’m almost always at 100 but 2 hours away we have a nice 1000 yard range and matches i would like to get into.

I shoot maybe once a month if I can. Unless I am doing some type of development I don’t bring this rifle to the range
Nice; Sacramento?

I'm about 3-4hrs away and they're closed on my only days off

If I were you I would opt for a higher budget, and a better piece of glass. Have to remember that, a good scope is one you can use on multiple rifles.

You'll see a lot of recommendations here and there so based off my personal experience I'd opt for;

Vortex PST under 600

Burris XTR II under 800 (my favorite budget scope)

Bushnell Elite Tactical under 1,000

Vortex Razor I (if found under 1,000 used)

And above that, I'd just dive right into a Nightforce ATACR.
Old 02-04-2018, 4:45 PM

A fixed 10X is probably the worst choice for long range shooting. When you're shooting to 1,000 yards you want to use as much magnification that you can. Anyone shooting seriously will be running more than 20X and many times 40X. If the mirage is so bad that you can't run the higher magnification then you turn it down to just low enough to see the target.

The 6-20X or 5.5-22X are probably the minimum, a quality 6-24X would work well and the 8-32X would be better. You want to aim for the one inch tall white X in the center of the target.
Old 02-04-2018, 6:07 PM
Veteran Member

I've always found 10X to be what would best be described as "adequate" for 1000 yard shooting. Not the best option, but definitely capable for that range. My ideal 1000 yard scope would be somewhere around 15X on the top end, so you can see a bit more detail than 10X but still have a wide enough field of view that you can spot your own hits/misses under recoil. I'd second Kwikvette's suggestions for scopes, particularly the Burris XTR II series.
Old 02-04-2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Hunt View Post
A fixed 10X is probably the worst choice for long range shooting. When you're shooting to 1,000 yards you want to use as much magnification that you can. Anyone shooting seriously will be running more than 20X and many times 40X. If the mirage is so bad that you can't run the higher magnification then you turn it down to just low enough to see the target.

The 6-20X or 5.5-22X are probably the minimum, a quality 6-24X would work well and the 8-32X would be better. You want to aim for the one inch tall white X in the center of the target.
Iíve thought about the viper pst 2 6-24x but now is the price gonna be that much better. I originally wanted that but at the maximum zoom Iím worried color and mirage will be an issue. Some say it isnít that good either and have issues with zero
Old 02-04-2018, 8:09 PM

I own one of the fixed 10x SWFA's and it's a great scope for the money but I do think you'll want something with a little more magnification for 1000 yards.
Old 02-04-2018, 8:49 PM
Calguns Addict

10x is a little low for me. Keep in mind it isn’t just magnification though. High end scope at 10x will out resolve a lesser scope at 40x.

In the end it comes down to how big a target you’re aiming at, and whether you’re spotting your own shots.
Old 02-04-2018, 9:04 PM

Im kinda a scope elitist.
But with that said Ive found the swfa ss 10x scopes are pretty darn good for the cost. No US optics or Swarovski but they work most importantly are repeatable..
Old 02-04-2018, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns and guitars View Post
But with that said Ive found the swfa ss 10x scopes are pretty darn good for the cost. No US optics or Swarovski but they work most importantly are repeatable..
With that said. Whatís your thoughts of it out to 600, 800, and 1000? I donít think we will be shooting paper out at 1000. Most likely ringing steel. How long before I outgrow it? If I do Iíll just move it to my 223 and replace my cheaper leupold and crossfire 2 that I have.
Old 02-04-2018, 9:26 PM
Veteran Member

OP, where do you regularly shoot?

Someone may be near you and let you check out some scopes before dropping more than you're comfortable with.
Old 02-04-2018, 9:44 PM

Quote:
OP, where do you regularly shoot?

Someone may be near you and let you check out some scopes before dropping more than you're comfortable with.
Bay Area. Mainly Los Altos.

Current scopes
Crossfire 2 4-12 I think
Leupold 3-9

Iíve been behind a few others but never a swfa
Old 02-04-2018, 10:30 PM

I have 10x, 12x, 16x and 20x plus variable 3-15x all swfa. I normally use 10x for 100-300 yards. I prefer 16x at 600 yards. Haven't tried 1000 yards yet. 20x does not seem to have as good glass as 16x, IMO.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhzx View Post
I have 10x, 12x, 16x and 20x plus variable 3-15x all swfa. I normally use 10x for 100-300 yards. I prefer 16x at 600 yards. Haven't tried 1000 yards yet. 20x does not seem to have as good glass as 16x, IMO.
Thoughts on the 10 vs 12. They say the 20 has a. Uct better fov
Old 02-05-2018, 6:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Thoughts on the 10 vs 12. They say the 20 has a. Uct better fov
My first rifle scope is a SWFA SS 10x42. So far I have been very impressed with it and recently took it out to a Level 1 Sniper course where we shot targets from 250 up to 475 yards. I am taking a Level II Sniper course in a few weeks and hoping to shoot targets at 1,000 yards so I'll give you a report on that and I'll try to take a picture through the scope if I can.

I was also debating if I wanted to get a 10x or 12x SWFA but I went with the 10x because I felt it was good enough for the targets at the range I go to and people have reported using it for 1,000 yards. Not to mention, there are dozens of YouTube videos doing reviews on the 10x42 and Rex from TiborasaurusRex raves about it.

Old 02-05-2018, 6:46 AM
Veteran Member

Look, you can spend $300 now on the SWFA fixed and out grow it the day you take it to beyond 600 yards. So why throw $300 away on a scope that you know your going to outgrow and need to replace? Wouldn't that $300 be better used as a savings towards a budget FFP scope? I certainly think so.

In addition to the scopes kwikvette listed, there is also the SWFA 3-15x42 FFP, thats $700. Or a even cheaper scope is the Athlon Argos 6-24x50 for $380. I mean its $80 more than what your spending now.
Old 02-05-2018, 7:10 AM

Quote:
With that said. What’s your thoughts of it out to 600, 800, and 1000? I don’t think we will be shooting paper out at 1000. Most likely ringing steel. How long before I outgrow it? If I do I’ll just move it to my 223 and replace my cheaper leupold and crossfire 2 that I have.
I used my first gen swfa to hit steel at 800 all day long. Granted it was grainy but it worked.
I still actually have that scope ( purchased it in 2000 ) but it has long been moved to a back up/loaner rifle.
But at the time it was a great scope to help get me into long range shooting at a low cost. I was new at the whole "out to 1000 game"
Once you get in that race you will start to figure out what you like and need and grow from there.
The good thing is the SWFA can always be passed down to another rifle. They can take a beating thats for sure but its a great place to start that wont break the bank.

As for the mentality that you can buy a $380 dollar scope which makes it $80 better than the swfa Im in disagreement.
For some reason people think that money equates to quality. There are deals out there. If I had a budget of $600 or less and was just getting into the long range sport, I would buy a swfa and AMMO to PRACTICE.

Granted all my LR bolt guns now have scopes that easily break the $2000 range now but the swfa still sits in the safe....waiting for the day to use it for shooting steel!

Last edited by Guns and guitars; 02-05-2018 at 7:13 AM..
Old 02-05-2018, 8:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
I own one of the fixed 10x SWFA's and it's a great scope for the money but I do think you'll want something with a little more magnification for 1000 yards.
I have one and at 1000 it's not precise enough, when I do shoot at 1000 I am trying to pick the 12 o'clock on the dot to make it more precise, which isn't really that precise. Shooting plates, it's ok for that.

Front Sight President / Heritage Member
Old 02-05-2018, 8:43 AM

Quote:
Are you TiborasaurusRex? Your handle is Guns and Guitars, you're a scope schnab, but you give credit where credit is due for SWFA...

Quote:
With that said. Whatís your thoughts of it out to 600, 800, and 1000? I donít think we will be shooting paper out at 1000. Most likely ringing steel. How long before I outgrow it? If I do Iíll just move it to my 223 and replace my cheaper leupold and crossfire 2 that I have.
OP, in case you don't know about TiborasaurusRex's youtube channel, he is a well respected long range shooter, has LOTS of great videos that are worthy of your time. His Sniper 101 series is excellent and in that he goes over optics heavily. He also has many Rex Reviews on scopes, including the SWFA fixed and variable powers. I think watching that series will help you decide for yourself what will be best for you.

Sniper 101 Part 14 - Scopes for Extreme Long Range Shooting

Long Range Scope Reviews

In a nutshell, x10 is his choice for best all-around scope for long range. And on a budget build, he highly recommends the SWFA x10. Maybe consider the SWFA x12, I think the glass quality will be the same as the x10.

SWFA SS 12x42
Old 02-05-2018, 8:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReluctantCraftstronaut View Post
Are you TiborasaurusRex? Your handle is Guns and Guitars, you're a scope schnab, but you give credit where credit is due for SWFA...

OP, in case you don't know about TiborasaurusRex's youtube channel, he is a well respected long range shooter, has LOTS of great videos that are worthy of your time. His Sniper 101 series is excellent and in that he goes over optics heavily. He also has many Rex Reviews on scopes, including the SWFA fixed and variable powers. I think watching that series will help you decide for yourself what will be best for you.

Sniper 101 Part 14 - Scopes for Extreme Long Range Shooting

Long Range Scope Reviews

In a nutshell, x10 is his choice for best all-around scope for long range. And on a budget build, he highly recommends the SWFA x10. Maybe consider the SWFA x12, I think the glass quality will be the same as the x10.

SWFA SS 12x42
He is mainly why I am considering this for now. He says he can shoot it out to 1000 but that might be at a 24x24 plate.

Like many others have said this is a good scope to step into the 1000 and if I continue to like it. I will replace this scope with something better once I save up the guns. I can easily move this to my 223 which I usually only shoot 100 with

The thought is that for the price and because it is non variable your getting a much better value. I could get a variable x-24x at the same price but if the glass is crap at maximum zoom it might be unusable.
Old 02-05-2018, 8:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
As for the mentality that you can buy a $380 dollar scope which makes it $80 better than the swfa Im in disagreement.
For some reason people think that money equates to quality. There are deals out there. If I had a budget of $600 or less and was just getting into the long range sport, I would buy a swfa and AMMO to PRACTICE.
Its not that its $80 better than the SWFA, its that it fits his needs better. My point is why should the OP spend $300 on a scope, that he is already unsure about the magnification, when for only $80 more he can get a scope that solves that issue. Any scope under $2500 is giving up something. The cheaper you go, the more you give up. At the OP's price point he has to give something(s) up, he has to decide on what is worth giving up.

Money spent does equal quality in most things you buy. Not saying that its a 1:1 ratio, because its not. But with optics it is true every few hundred dollars more you spend, the better the options and quality you get in return.

There are deals out there to be found. You just have to know where to look. I have a Viper HSLR that I got for $630. My friend just got a Viper PST gen I for $690. Caebla's bargin basement here in AZ has some great deals. There are other deals to be had, you just gotta look and wait.
Old 02-05-2018, 8:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Big time SWFA fan here as well, lots of value in the glass and tracking department. Really enjoyed my 5-20, 10x, and 1-6x.

I don't have any problems with my fixed 10x shooting at 1k. We generally try to punch a 12x12 steel plate at that distance, but I still prefer the option of more magnification. Shooting paper is a challenge since you dont get any feedback like you would on a steel plate.

20x is a good place to be on the top end, but i've owned scopes that range from 15x to 24x.

Reticle thickness can come into play on FFP scopes depending on what ur doing, and sometimes you need to work around that by using other parts of the reticle.

For shooting groups, ive always enjoyed having the additional magnification. Even at 100 yards I would always be at max mag.

The fixed 10x and 12x are great scopes, but if you could find a used 5-20 SWFA you would be in heaven.

You could consider a fixed 16x or 20x from SWFA as well for shooting groups if that's all you really do, but I rather push for a variable at that point.
Old 02-05-2018, 8:56 AM

Quote:
I used my first gen swfa to hit steel at 800 all day long. Granted it was grainy but it worked.
I still actually have that scope ( purchased it in 2000 ) but it has long been moved to a back up/loaner rifle.
But at the time it was a great scope to help get me into long range shooting at a low cost. I was new at the whole "out to 1000 game"
Once you get in that race you will start to figure out what you like and need and grow from there.
The good thing is the SWFA can always be passed down to another rifle. They can take a beating thats for sure but its a great place to start that wont break the bank.

Granted all my LR bolt guns now have scopes that easily break the $2000 range now but the swfa still sits in the safe....waiting for the day to use it for shooting steel!
Thanks for this. I am in the situation you mention. I want to try to get into the 1000 yard game but even then itís a want and not necessarily going to happen. The closest range is 2 hours away and with 2 kids now I wonít have much time to go. Maybe once or twice a year if even.

100 yard is my current play area and the swfa can easily do this. Maybe 300 at another range thatís 1 hour away.

Now the thought is do I get a 10x or 12x. I hear more on the 10 and that the Fov is clearer. Side parallax for 100 more that rear? Seems not worth that. I will be waiting for it to go on sale anyways
Old 02-05-2018, 9:05 AM
Handgun fanboy
CGN Contributor

SWFA is one of the rare times I've been shocked by a bargain scope clarity and quality...comparatively I am usually not impressed by Vortex for the $$. I got an SWFA SS 10x42 and for $260 was really impressed. Under $400 the Burris RT-6 and SWFA SS surprised me. No buyer's remorse possible IMHO.
Old 02-05-2018, 3:06 PM

I just installed the Swfa SS 12x on my RPR. From the fence it looks very clear. I only have access to 400 yards but so far I don't see it being an issue for the short range game. I am about 4 hours from a 1000 yard range so I don't have any input on that but I am truly impressed with the clarity so far. I really don't think 1,000 yards is going to be an issue with a respectable 18x18 size steel target.
Old 02-05-2018, 3:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Tagged

Old 02-05-2018, 4:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have the 20 and the 3-15, and I agree the 20 seems to be worse.
The 3-15 is clear as can be, right there with my Vortex but not Nightforce quality lol.
Old 02-05-2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post
Big time SWFA fan here as well, lots of value in the glass and tracking department. Really enjoyed my 5-20, 10x, and 1-6x.

I don't have any problems with my fixed 10x shooting at 1k. We generally try to punch a 12x12 steel plate at that distance, but I still prefer the option of more magnification. Shooting paper is a challenge since you dont get any feedback like you would on a steel plate.

20x is a good place to be on the top end, but i've owned scopes that range from 15x to 24x.

Reticle thickness can come into play on FFP scopes depending on what ur doing, and sometimes you need to work around that by using other parts of the reticle.

For shooting groups, ive always enjoyed having the additional magnification. Even at 100 yards I would always be at max mag.

The fixed 10x and 12x are great scopes, but if you could find a used 5-20 SWFA you would be in heaven.

You could consider a fixed 16x or 20x from SWFA as well for shooting groups if that's all you really do, but I rather push for a variable at that point.
When I hear about the 16 or 20 I hear that the glass isn't as clear as the 10 or the 12.

Has anyone ever had to warranty a swfa? Do they cover only oringal owners?
Old 02-05-2018, 7:21 PM

Next question.

Swfa 10 or 12 or a viper pst 2 6-24?

I know it's 4 times the price but is it any better besides just magnification?
Old 02-05-2018, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
I have the 20 and the 3-15, and I agree the 20 seems to be worse.
The 3-15 is clear as can be, right there with my Vortex but not Nightforce quality lol.
Would you say the glass is the same as the 10x? Which vortex are you comparing with?
Old 02-05-2018, 7:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Would you say the glass is the same as the 10x? Which vortex are you comparing with?

The 3-15 has glass as good of better than the 10, the 20 is much, much worse. It works for making nice, small groups at 100 yards but this scope is only being used for load development.

Vortex viper PST II 2-10x32 and a Nightforce 2.5-10x24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Next question.

Swfa 10 or 12 or a viper pst 2 6-24?

I know it's 4 times the price but is it any better besides just magnification?
I don't have viper pst but looked through it once at LGS. I think its glass is oslightly better than 10 or 12x. To me, it's not much better to justify the price. I'd go with 12x or 16x. If you can wait, SWFA usually has a sale for those SS scope for around $260, sometimes even with free rings.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a Tasco made but not branded Super Sniper (stupidest name ever) 10x from before SWFA took over, and have always been happy with it.

Ive hit a manhole cover at 800y, and had no trouble seeing it.

Recently, i set up a bolt gun for mid to long range, and had to dive back in to scopes.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/0...sults-summary/

Thats a really REALLY well thought out and explained multi approach evaluation of scopes from the $1500+ Range, all the way to 7k.

I understand that from an entry point persepctive, the SS series, at least the 10x, remains a feature packed favorite, but i wanted to step up a bit for my new rifle.

I got a Bushnell HDMR II, it was a thousand more than thst SS, but in the testing above, it came in the top 9 of 18, but it beat many scopes that were three and more times as much. Its a 3.5x21 power in a 34 mm tube.

When he evaluated on a value basis, features and quality per dollar spent, it was off the chart.

I recently had it out at Angeles, and the glass is really good for my eyes. I get thst it isnt a schmidt and bender or nightforce, but it was also far less.

I can easily see .17 holes at 100y.

I know its way above what youre looking to spend, and i respect that. As i said, i have an SS 10X On an HKSR9TC in my safe. It works well.

But you dont need to spend $3 k to get good glass. Excellent glass, sure, but really good glass is less than you think.

Ive seen the last years model, the HDMR, here for $900 used. Shooting out to 1000, i really plan to put that extra magnification to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-05-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I don't have viper pst but looked through it once at LGS. I think its glass is oslightly better than 10 or 12x. To me, it's not much better to justify the price. I'd go with 12x or 16x. If you can wait, SWFA usually has a sale for those SS scope for around $260, sometimes even with free rings.
When do they usually run sales? I think I almost pulled the trigger during a holiday time.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
I have a Tasco made but not branded Super Sniper (stupidest name ever) 10x from before SWFA took over, and have always been happy with it.

Ive hit a manhole cover at 800y, and had no trouble seeing it.

Recently, i set up a bolt gun for mid to long range, and had to dive back in to scopes.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/0...sults-summary/

Thats a really REALLY well thought out and explained multi approach evaluation of scopes from the $1500+ Range, all the way to 7k.

I understand that from an entry point persepctive, the SS series, at least the 10x, remains a feature packed favorite, but i wanted to step up a bit for my new rifle.

I got a Bushnell HDMR II, it was a thousand more than thst SS, but in the testing above, it came in the top 9 of 18, but it beat many scopes that were three and more times as much. Its a 3.5x21 power in a 34 mm tube.

When he evaluated on a value basis, features and quality per dollar spent, it was off the chart.

I recently had it out at Angeles, and the glass is really good for my eyes. I get thst it isnt a schmidt and bender or nightforce, but it was also far less.

I can easily see .17 holes at 100y.

I know its way above what youre looking to spend, and i respect that. As i said, i have an SS 10X On an HKSR9TC in my safe. It works well.

But you dont need to spend $3 k to get good glass. Excellent glass, sure, but really good glass is less than you think.

Ive seen the last years model, the HDMR, here for $900 used. Shooting out to 1000, i really plan to put that extra magnification to use.
Thanks for the feedback. I need to find some places to look through some glass. It makes a big difference
Old 02-06-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
When do they usually run sales? I think I almost pulled the trigger during a holiday time.
Typically major holidays. If I remember correctly, they did a tax day sale before in april. You can also browse their sample list for cheaper price if you can't wait.
Old 02-06-2018, 5:50 AM

i shoot a 1-6 an my 223 ar at 100 yards and feel it could use more.

however i use the fixed 10X SWFA MOA X MOA on my 6.5 Grendel build and am very happy. i can see tight groups at the 100 targets and have walked it out to 600 yards on steel no problem. I built this rifle to be a 1000 yard gun and this scope will take me there all the way. once you get out past the 200 yard mark for me it more about hitting the plate which i'm only aiming at a 12-18" gong, and hit/miss ratio.

Your a little far from me but i would let you try mine out at a range with some distance to it. Maybe someone in your area would do the same.