Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 12-24-2017, 1:25 PM

Default Aimpoint warranty

Quick question. Is the Aimpoint warranty only for the original buyer, or does it extend to any subsequent purchaser? Tried to fill out the online warranty card for a T2, but was not able. Thanks all.
Old 12-24-2017, 1:53 PM
Calguns Addict

it should extend to anyone. about 5 years ago I bought a used H1 micro that had a couple stripped mounting threads.

I emailed a guy named John Enlo and he created an RMA for me. I sent it back, and ended up getting a brand new replacement unit.

It was nice because the H1 I bought was still the glossy black finish, and the replacement unit I got was the matte black finish that is now standard.
Old 12-24-2017, 3:26 PM

good to know. Thanks Tom.
Old 12-24-2017, 4:02 PM

Aimpoint warranty/customer service is second to none IMO. Every time I have had to use their customer service they were always professional, easy, and quick turn around times. Best example I have was I traded a comp M4 for a T1, the other guy failed to mention that 2 of the threaded mounting holes in the body were stripped (a*shole), anyways email aimpoint and explained what happened, told them I understood if there is nothing they can do because I wasn't the original owner. They sent me a RMA number, I sent in the damaged optic, two weeks later I received a BRAND NEW T1 micro; for the micro I sent in, I wasn't the original owner, no receipt, no warranty registration, I got screwed in a trade deal, and they gave me a new $750 optic no questions asked. I'm an Aimpoint customer for life
Old 02-01-2018, 8:56 PM

Well glad to hear about them taking care of the warranty even if you aren't the original buyer.

But to the OP...this is what's stated on their website:
"The warranty agreement is limited to the original owner and is not transferable."

So they aren't obligated to take care of you. Sounds like they have excellent CS practices regardless.