Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 PM

Default 460SW or 454 Casull plinking round

Hey all. First off since i do not post much i do not want people to think i am new to the reloading world.I just have not found a manual that gives down loaded info. Last summer i purchased a 460. I would like to shoot it a little more often but the private indoor range that i belong to does not allow magnum velocity ammo to be shot. We are restricted to cast lead or plated bullets only in a maximum of medium velocity. What medium velocity means i can not get a anyone to commit to specifying. Does anyone have a low to medium velocity load using a 240gr bullet in a 454 or 460 case? i know i can shoot the 45 Colt but it is not a caliber that i currently load for and would like to stick with the two that i have mentioned as i have plenty of cases in those calibers. My two pistol powders that i use are W231 and W296. This has pretty much covered everything that i load for in pistol and provided great results.
Thanks in advance for any help or insight you may be able to provide.
John