Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Default turners coming to salinas in october

ok i located the building where turners is goin in and i talked to the guy in charge. its 1411 north davis road. right next to ross and behind outback and next to walmart . they have all their liscenses and permits in place which is good to hear.
Old 08-10-2017, 1:39 PM

Salinas, land of gang bangers and fruit stands.
Old 08-10-2017, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
and all around $h!t HOLE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
"Well I guess that's when you have to put on your big boy pants, let your balls drop and find out what's it like to be a man and take some responsibility."
Old 08-10-2017, 7:12 PM

wow
Old 08-10-2017, 10:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Who cares about the neighborhood? I'm willing to head down there for some of those deals I've seen in their flyers.
Old 08-11-2017, 6:58 AM

Why on earth Salinas?
Old 08-11-2017, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel plate View Post
Why on earth Salinas?
'Cause gang bangers need to stock up on ammo before the background checks start too.
Old 08-11-2017, 7:10 AM

Quote:
'Cause gang bangers need to stock up on ammo before the background checks start too.
Maybe they'll designate one member of the gang to get a C&R + COE

-Robinson Jeffers
Old 08-11-2017, 9:46 AM

even though salinas has a bad gang problem there are still a ton of very good folks in the area. and it doesnt make sense that a city this size doesnt have one single store that sells handguns. and im with gw on turners sales. best thing is its about 15 minutes from my house, ten on a good day.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGDOG1955 View Post
even though salinas has a bad gang problem there are still a ton of very good folks in the area. and it doesnt make sense that a city this size doesnt have one single store that sells handguns. and im with gw on turners sales. best thing is its about 15 minutes from my house, ten on a good day.

What set you reppin' ese?
Old 08-11-2017, 2:06 PM

that picture brings a totally different meaning t the phrase... gang bangers.lmao. first off im an old white man.so no set esse,lol. sadly one of my close friends during my late teens here in salinas got into the nf and was one of the top shot callers and maybe for a short time was on top. hes now in a federal super max. myself, i was a good public servant for over 35 years and a avid hunter and gun fancier. ive been close friends with a hells angels vp and preachers here in salinas. every area has good and bad folks. but overall the salinas area has great weather and there are great jobs to be found. but the huge shift in the mexican population hover the years here has helped create a big change over the last 40 years here. for adults its fine. for young kids it can be not so good. we still have a big hunting community here.
Old 08-11-2017, 2:13 PM

and regardless of what reputation the city itself has..... we are getting a new gun store. im sure turners sales will draw folks from 50 miles way or more in all directions. my only regret about turners is that they wont have a indoor range or gunsmith.
Old 08-11-2017, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Why on earth Salinas?
Maybe Salinas because its low rent with good proximity to the populous bay area, without the regulations and anti-gun politics that goes with the bay area.

They can set up shop, just outside of range from bay area politics.

Bay area folks will make the drive.
Old 08-11-2017, 9:56 PM

Im just having a go at Salinas. I lived in Hollister for years so it's pretty much a requirement for me to crap talk Gilroy and Salinas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2017, 10:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Man, that'd mean I'd only have to drive 15 mins (I live just near Chualar, outskirts of Salinas).

Love it!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Man are you wrong, I have only seen a couple of fruit stands, lol.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams
Old 08-12-2017, 1:04 PM

i am here sticking up for salinas and actually live in prunedale,lol. but i did attend 8th grade and high school in salinas after we moved from yreka after leaving oregon. and i worked for the city of salinas for over 35 years and my wife still goes to work in salinas . ive killed a good amount of hogs around hollister over the years. im curious how many calgunners i will meet waiting in line for turners salinas grand opening. ive met several hunting ammo at walmarts allready.
Old 08-12-2017, 1:09 PM

i sure hope all the folks who visit this thread have went to lazos in gilroy. good selection and great customer service.
Old 08-12-2017, 4:04 PM

Quote:
and regardless of what reputation the city itself has..... we are getting a new gun store. im sure turners sales will draw folks from 50 miles way or more in all directions. my only regret about turners is that they wont have a indoor range or gunsmith.
Look at a map-you're around ten miles from the beach on the western border.
Surrounding towns are mainly small low income agricultural hubs.
Salinas is not an easy drive from any of the surrounding areas with the exception of Seaside and Monterey.
I do wish Turner's well but the Salinas store is nowhere near (not geographically speaking) their tremendously profitable socal business models.
Old 08-12-2017, 4:09 PM

Quote:
i am here sticking up for salinas and actually live in prunedale,lol. but i did attend 8th grade and high school in salinas after we moved from yreka after leaving oregon. and i worked for the city of salinas for over 35 years and my wife still goes to work in salinas . ive killed a good amount of hogs around hollister over the years. im curious how many calgunners i will meet waiting in line for turners salinas grand opening. ive met several hunting ammo at walmarts allready.
You mean Pruntucky. Not prundale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 4:20 PM
Wretch
CGN Contributor

Hmmm gotta plan two trips, 10 days apart, to Carmel soon.
That's cool I don't do glocks.
If you think they're going to give you your country back without a fight, you're sadly mistaken." -- Steve Bannon, CPAC 2017
Old 08-12-2017, 6:13 PM

Quote:
No nuts..??

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
Old 08-12-2017, 6:52 PM

lol at prunetucky. for a few years a friend/neighbor had prunetucky ca on the door of his semi when he worked for don chapin. finnally a chp officer told him he had to remove it as it was a ficticious city.
Old 08-12-2017, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Look at a map-you're around ten miles from the beach on the western border.
Surrounding towns are mainly small low income agricultural hubs.
Salinas is not an easy drive from any of the surrounding areas with the exception of Seaside and Monterey.
I do wish Turner's well but the Salinas store is nowhere near (not geographically speaking) their tremendously profitable socal business models.
well of course a salinas store wont be like a so cal store just because of so cals population numbers. but i also know that when basspro opened in manteca that alot of folks from salinas etc drove there and the same happened when basspro came to san jose. i know alot of folks who go from salinas or south of salinas to basspro at least once a month. heck, dicks sporting goods has survived here a few years now and turners will be the only store in salinas where you can buy handguns. and also they will buy and sell used guns and do consignment which no store in salinas currently does. time will tell.
Old 08-12-2017, 7:10 PM

Quote:
well of course a salinas store wont be like a so cal store just because of so cals population numbers. but i also know that when basspro opened in manteca that alot of folks from salinas etc drove there and the same happened when basspro came to san jose. i know alot of folks who go from salinas or south of salinas to basspro at least once a month. heck, dicks sporting goods has survived here a few years now and turners will be the only store in salinas where you can buy handguns. and also they will buy and sell used guns and do consignment which no store in salinas currently does. time will tell.
It does sound like a plus for South Bay and local residents when you explain it that way.

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
Old 08-12-2017, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbiker View Post
It does sound like a plus for South Bay and local residents when you explain it that way.
myself, i can see folks comin to salinas for turners from gilroy, watsonville, hollister, monterey and king city. maybe even a little farther and all places in between. especialy for their big sales. and i am gonna guess that turners did a lot of research prior to doing this.
Old 08-13-2017, 1:32 AM

I will definitely drive from San Jose for some of their deals.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:31 PM

Yeah. Might give it try also. Maybe worth the 45-50 min. drive.
Old 08-13-2017, 2:45 PM
Guy with the white Glock
CGN Contributor

Hmm, if its going up on Davis that means Dicks will have some "stiff" competition being as they're now a couple blocks from each other on the same road.

Okay okay lame pun, but still more gun stores in Monterey county the better. So far the only way to get handguns new as far as I know is to go to Monterey, Watsonville, or up to Gilroy/Morgan Hill. On occasion the gunsmith in Marina will have some, but that's only every now and then. Great place for used/consignment guns I will say though.

Only real downside I can think of off the bat is that there are quite a few beggars hanging out the exits of that shopping center all the time, I can't call them homeless because I've seen all their trailers and old motorhomes they keep hidden away behind the stores.

Pro 2A.
Pro Choice
Pro Freedom
Pro Everyone minding their own business.
Old 08-13-2017, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGT46 View Post
Hmm, if its going up on Davis that means Dicks will have some "stiff" competition being as they're now a couple blocks from each other on the same road.

Okay okay lame pun, but still more gun stores in Monterey county the better. So far the only way to get handguns new as far as I know is to go to Monterey, Watsonville, or up to Gilroy/Morgan Hill. On occasion the gunsmith in Marina will have some, but that's only every now and then. Great place for used/consignment guns I will say though.

Only real downside I can think of off the bat is that there are quite a few beggars hanging out the exits of that shopping center all the time, I can't call them homeless because I've seen all their trailers and old motorhomes they keep hidden away behind the stores.
ive got to where i dont sweat the homless anymore. well i do get pissed at all the mess they create all over town. i worked park maintenance for the city of salinas for over 35 years, so i had to deal with their mess all the time. least i got paid for it,lol. its a sad state of affairs as one of the guys you spoke of i used to work with and another i used to run with over 40 years ago. and nope i dont give em a nickle. i need my money to buy ammo at walmart and soon for guns at turners,lol.