Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 02-12-2018, 1:09 PM

Default Do any of you know who the Republican Party Chair is in CA?

Heard some enlightening news at the Ventura Gun Show Saturday and wanted to try to run these people down.

I was told the RP in this state is not contesting the New Primary Law that limits the ballot to the two highest vote getters in every category.

In essence the only choices we'd have is between which Democrat we wanted to vote for, or not vote at all which accomplishes the same thing.

I was told by our Republican Candidate for House of Reps they aren't contesting this because they think that if two Republicans got the most votes there wouldn't be any Democrats on the ballot, and it would work for us?

I am wondering what universe they are living in?

Our next election we will have a choice between Gavie Newscumb and Antonio Villaregosser fo Gov. Which is no choice at all!

Why is the Republican Party standing for this?

I was told the man behind this idiocy is "Jim Brulte?" or possibly a "Mike Osborne?"

These guys are supposed to be at the top of the Repub Party in CA?

Does anyone know anything about them or what their positions are? Maybe some contact info.

It didn't make any sense to me that that Ballot Initiative didn't get contested as soon as it hit the books. It is ridiculous that this was allowed to even pass Constitutional Muster.

Any info is helpful

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 02-12-2018 at 1:12 PM..
Old 02-12-2018, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

The Progs did rig elections and they got the people to vote for it. Top two is bad enough but there are worse.
San Francisco “ranked choice voting”. Because so many Prog lunatics with a voting block run, there was a chance they’d split the vote so badly a single sane person on the ballot might win. The fix, rank choice voting where you vote in order of your preference for several candidates and the registrar of voters keeps tossing out the lowest vote getter then recalculated based on the next picks.
San Diego. Holds open primaries mid summer with other primaries If someone wins 50% plus one there is no run off. The Prog solution. Primaries are held on a national Election Day in Nov when higher Prog voter turn out is higher.
The Soviet Union had mandatory “democratic” elections. You when to you polling place, got a ballot with one name runnkng for each office, you check off the name. Beats spending time in a gulag.
Old 02-12-2018, 1:55 PM

Uh, what "new" primary law? It sounds like you are talking about Prop 14, which was passed in 2010... EIGHT years ago. That would generally be why today, in 2018 Republicans are not contesting a law that was passed with a majority state vote, and has already lost in the courts.

Where have YOU been?

This is also off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
Heard some enlightening news at the Ventura Gun Show Saturday and wanted to try to run these people down.

I was told the RP in this state is not contesting the New Primary Law that limits the ballot to the two highest vote getters in every category.

In essence the only choices we'd have is between which Democrat we wanted to vote for, or not vote at all which accomplishes the same thing.

I was told by our Republican Candidate for House of Reps they aren't contesting this because they think that if two Republicans got the most votes there wouldn't be any Democrats on the ballot, and it would work for us?

Randy

Last edited by mit31; 02-12-2018 at 1:58 PM..
Old 02-12-2018, 2:11 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Brulte is apparently the CA state GOP leader - https://gop.com/leaders/state-chairman-jim-brulte-ca
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-13-2018, 5:40 AM

Farms? In Berkeley????
Old 02-13-2018, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Why is the Republican Party standing for this?

I was told the man behind this idiocy is "Jim Brulte?" or possibly a "Mike Osborne?"

It didn't make any sense to me that that Ballot Initiative didn't get contested as soon as it hit the books. It is ridiculous that this was allowed to even pass Constitutional Muster.

Randy
"Enlightening news"

OP, you need to get better sources.

Prop 14 isn't BEING contested because it already HAS BEEN contested. In 2011, the courts ruled the Open Primary system is constitutional.

See:
Field v. Bowen at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ca-court-...l/1580398.html
And,

http://blogs.findlaw.com/california_...d-parties.html

Last edited by Dvrjon; 02-13-2018 at 9:47 AM..
Old 02-13-2018, 2:55 PM

OK I read a bunch of the BS Legalize in these challenges. all of them were filed with idiotic premises as their basis.

None of them addressed the simple fact that I am being disenfranchised of my right to vote for a Republican instead of a Democrat. In all of the offices mentioned under the law only democrats will be elected as there are no Republicans on the ballot. This is by simple default.

Having only two people on the ballot from the same party eliminates any possibility of the other party from being successful in changing the leadership of this state.

This law disenfranchises ME of my right to vote! Therefore it is unconstitutional.

Simple as that.

Sorry I got here late. I didn't realize that so much time had passed, but the RNC hasn't effectively challenged this law and I wanted to know the Aholes who were responsible for this stupidity.

When simple common sense is ignored for the sake of complicated speech which is misleading then the intentions of the leaders must be questioned.

Simple fact here is if there are no Republicans on the ballot none can be elected.

Randy
Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
www.buchananprecisionmachine.com
Old 02-13-2018, 3:03 PM
Cantankerous old coot
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

It isn't just the Republicans that dislike the top two:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...910-story.html
Old 02-13-2018, 3:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
OK I read a bunch of the BS Legalize in these challenges. all of them were filed with idiotic premises as their basis.

None of them addressed the simple fact that I am being disenfranchised of my right to vote for a Republican instead of a Democrat.

Simple fact here is if there are no Republicans on the ballot none can be elected.

Randy
The standing argument against that is Republicans are on the Primary Ballot in June. If they can't get enough votes to substantively out-poll other candidates, then they don't move forward.

Courts are open, and there are numerous attorneys in the state who will file your case for injunctive relief. It only takes about 4/5 years to move through the trial and appellate process, so start now! Bring your check book.

Best.
Old 02-14-2018, 8:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

California is Cuba with newer cars.
Old 02-14-2018, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
California is Cuba with newer cars.
Actually it is getting to be a lot like Mexico, imo