Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:31 AM

Default Range Bag

Does anyone have experience with the Osage River Range bag. What are your impressions?

I've been looking for a better range bag, using a Vodoo Tactical Scorpion right now. Used to have one from Midway USA. Both have main compartments that could not be locked
- Luke 22:36

A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Can't help you on the Osage bag. However, this is absolutely a fantastic bag. Build like a tank. It is large though. And it's about $100.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore....-II-P4512.aspx

Fighter Pilot
Old 09-29-2018, 11:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I bought a tool bag from Home Depot for a range bag for my handguns. It has plenty of pockets that I can put magazines in and room for about 3 pistols in a soft case.

Easy to slap a lock on it as well.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:50 PM

This has been discussed many times before. Use the search function and search for range bag.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore
Old 09-29-2018, 12:54 PM

I love mine and almost every compartment is lockable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.explorerbag.com/category/range-bags/

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore
Old 09-30-2018, 7:46 PM

If you're going to upgrade you might as well go bigger. I use the 5.11 Ready Range bag and absolutely love it. I can fit everything in there without having to cram. Not lockable though. This is the only photo I have of it...

Old 10-01-2018, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERLAB View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Osage River Range bag. What are your impressions?

I've been looking for a better range bag, using a Vodoo Tactical Scorpion right now. Used to have one from Midway USA. Both have main compartments that could not be locked
I have a Voodoo Terminator pistol and mag case - the two large pistol pockets have locking zippers IIRC. This is one of the Voodoo bags that is made really well with what must be 1200 D material, great stitching, steel D-rings, etc... they are not all made well. Might not be the shape you are looking for though... it is more like a briefcase shape and has storage for pistols and an obscene number of mags.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt16 View Post
If you're going to upgrade you might as well go bigger. I use the 5.11 Ready Range bag and absolutely love it. I can fit everything in there without having to cram. Not lockable though. This is the only photo I have of it...

I will second the 5.11 bag. I have one and it is large and well made.
Old 10-17-2018, 9:41 PM

Default Bought it, initial review

Thank-you all for the suggestions. I had my eye on the 5.11 bag as it was much nicer than the Midway USA bag I had before. Unfortunately like other bags I looked at, the compartments were not lockable. I actually really like the form factor of that Voodoo Tactical Terminator bag, but it is too tactical looking and I would like it to be a tad bigger to fit my ear pro. I was considering the SERT 22" or 28" Takedown Case for briefcase style but couldn't justify the cost at this time.

I bit the bullet and ordered the Osage River Range Bag
https://www.amazon.com/Osage-River-T...bag&th=1&psc=1

Initial impressions, the bag is bigger than my Voodoo Tactical Scorpion Bag, which is nice, but it is very square and I wish it was more of the briefcase style. My ear pro, mags and guns fit nicely but there aren't as many organizational compartments to fit other miscellaneous gear. The build quality is similar or below the Midway USA range bag, which I considered somewhat poor. The foam feels cheep as does the nylon, while the bag works I would never mistake it for heavy duty or rugged. I payed ~$50 for mine and had I paid any more I probably would have been upset (especially the $120 listed on other sites). To sum up I would say that I am not impressed, but not disappointed either, my feelings about the bag are meh, but lock-ability is an improvement that this bag satisfies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofeugene View Post
This has been discussed many times before. Use the search function and search for range bag.
There are 7 threads that appear in a search for 'Osage River', including this one. 3 have to do with fishing because of the mention of 'river' one is an empty 'for sale' thread and the others offer almost no description on this specific bag. I would not consider that 'many times before'.
- Luke 22:36

A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.

Last edited by MASTERLAB; 10-17-2018 at 9:54 PM..
Old 10-18-2018, 4:23 PM

He recommended you look for "range bag", not "osage river".
Old 10-18-2018, 6:37 PM

I’ve been using a Eagle Ind. double pistol range bag for 16 years, tough kit, there’s a few new ones on eBay gong for ~ $250.00.

MM