Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Date acquired should be exactly the same on both your and her app. Even if you weren't married yet, and if you didn't even know each other yet, her date acquired needs to be the same as the date you acquired it.

Regarding proof of residency, I would think the PG&E bill that has both your names on it would be fine, I'm not sure why they're having an issue with that. Maybe try something different, like a copy of your and her car registrations, or rental agreement.
Perfect thanks, I will revise. Now there is not much I can do about the bill unless they want another proof which would be even more overreaching. sigh
Old 07-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
You are likely using IE or Edge. You have to hit the web page refresh button after you open the page as it co-mingles you last web page with your current from what was saved on your computer for faster web page loading. The authors did not test for the way Microsoft checks for web page changes.

Alternatively use Firefox, that seems to be the most stable of the web viewers though Chrome works almost just as good.
Using Chrome. The data changes, it is just wrong. One doesn't even list the model of gun, it was an Aug A-3 and the form reads a model I do not even own.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
What if you canít produce the rifle The Man wants to see? As in it is already out of state.
That is my main concern too. I'd be glad to meet them in my NV home with an attorney and my local sheriff deputies present, but tossing my CA home to find anything illegal would surely result in a lawsuit.

Unless they find my mattresses with the Illegal-To-Remove tags cut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfCordite View Post
So my wife just got the emails(for every one) saying that the date of acquisition was wrong and the proof of address needed to be provided.

I put our wedding date since technically that would be the date(which was before 2016 so no worries there). Well that just kicked back everything, along with another email saying that the proof of residency does not prove we both live there(like this is my wife, and they don't like my PG&E bill with both our names on it for some reason).

Just called DOJ and the horrible lady on the phone told me to contact the division in charge and wouldn't give me a contact name or number, but she did say that she would read me the penal code on what residency means. I about lost it as she didn't even try to answer either one of my two very concise questions.

Has anyone else run into this? Need help on the secondary registration.
That is a load of manure. A PG&E bill is about as a utility bill as anything can be. That is what I used on mine and I got some of my rifles approved with PG&E as proof of residency. What else do you have that has her name on it? Water bill? Trash service?

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
Using Chrome. The data changes, it is just wrong. One doesn't even list the model of gun, it was an Aug A-3 and the form reads a model I do not even own.
Did you register some firearms during the last 2-3 days? That was when people's data got co-mingled. If you submit without one last check before hitting the "Submit" button, that's probably what went in your application.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Did you register some firearms during the last 2-3 days? That was when people's data got co-mingled. If you submit without one last check before hitting the "Submit" button, that's probably what went in your application.
This was on the last day to register. System kept going in and out but the items stayed in my cart. I didn't even think to check if what I already submitted stayed correct.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
This was on the last day to register. System kept going in and out but the items stayed in my cart. I didn't even think to check if what I already submitted stayed correct.
Ya the last day was complete chaos... some people's applications ended up being filled in with other people's data entirely. It was a disaster, predictably.

I would use "Report an issue" to ask them to mark your apps as "incomplete" so that you can fix the data they screwed up.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ya the last day was complete chaos... some people's applications ended up being filled in with other people's data entirely. It was a disaster, predictably.

I would use "Report an issue" to ask them to mark your apps as "incomplete" so that you can fix the data they screwed up.
What would be worse if the correct owner's application was rejected as the system thought Baboosh had already registered the firearm under his name

Old 07-16-2018, 12:43 PM

This is soo frustrating. I just passed my 60th calendar day since submitting my registration application for a single AW, which based on the manufacturers model number, was for a CA-compliant model. This should be the simplest to approve, and yet, crickets. I have been checking the CFARS site daily and no issues and the record is showing In progress.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:47 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrowningfan View Post
This is soo frustrating. I just passed my 60th calendar day since submitting my registration application for a single AW, which based on the manufacturers model number, was for a CA-compliant model. This should be the simplest to approve, and yet, crickets. I have been checking the CFARS site daily and no issues and the record is showing In progress.
I just passed the 100th day. Still just hearing crickets, too.

Approvals are still rolling in, though, so I guess we just have to be patient.
Old 07-16-2018, 1:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrowningfan View Post
I know someone who registered in early June and he got kickbacks.

I cannot figure out how they are looking at submissions. It's 100% random.
Old 07-16-2018, 1:18 PM

Quote:
As stated report an issue.

Also on the copies that you printed (per this guides instructions), look at it and does it match what you see on the Web.

I might recommend contacting the adminstrators here on how you can join or at least provide further evidence as part of the lawsuit but only after you are certain and triple verified there is no error on your end (like you did by asking here for feedback)

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/calif...eapons-lawsuit

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/hotline

Also curious if you were using IE or Edge during initial submission?

I tried using those but it kept populating features and pictures with my prior session-I would change them then when I went back the page it was changed back to the previous (as I tried to add pictures). I found when I hit refresh web page it would let me fix and have it stick.

I gave up on those and used firefox. It was rock stable during all of my applications including the second to last weekend (June 23) when all the nonsense of insurmountable issues started for many.
Old 07-16-2018, 1:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
As stated report an issue.

Also on the copies that you printed (per this guides instructions), look at it and does it match what you see on the Web.

I might recommend contacting the adminstrators here on how you can join or at least provide further evidence as part of the lawsuit but only after you are certain and triple verified there is no error on your end (like you did by asking here for feedback)

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/calif...eapons-lawsuit

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/hotline

Also curious if you were using IE or Edge during initial submission?

I tried using those but it kept populating features and pictures with my prior session-I would change them then when I went back the page it was changed back to the previous (as I tried to add pictures). I found when I hit refresh web page it would let me fix and have it stick.

I gave up on those and used firefox. It was rock stable during all of my applications including the second to last weekend (June 23) when all the nonsense of insurmountable issues started for many.
I didn't print, who has a printer at home these days?
Old 07-16-2018, 1:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I didn't print, who has a printer at home these days?
Agree, but you can always print to PDF and save them on your hard disk. I did that instead of printing to paper. Buying ink and toner refills gets old after a while.

Old 07-16-2018, 1:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Agree, but you can always print to PDF and save them on your hard disk. I did that instead of printing to paper. Buying ink and toner refills gets old after a while.
My home PC is basically used to remote into my work via VPN. I don't even have Office installed.
Old 07-16-2018, 1:51 PM

Quote:
I know someone who registered in early June and he got kickbacks.

I cannot figure out how they are looking at submissions. It's 100% random.
I believe its as reported in this thread

1) In order of submission by date
2) If there is anything that challenges the brains of the reviewers it gets passed by and escalated up.
3) The second line reviewers (probably just one "FIREARMS EXPERT") appears to be backlogged up way more than the first line reviewers who can do simple AR's and AK's within 90 days.

Hence the randomness of this. Not strictly by date if there is anything that requires thought and decision.
Old 07-16-2018, 2:01 PM

Quote:
That is a load of manure. A PG&E bill is about as a utility bill as anything can be. That is what I used on mine and I got some of my rifles approved with PG&E as proof of residency. What else do you have that has her name on it? Water bill? Trash service?
Oh I hear you, especially when it was the same exact picture that I registered mine with back in April. Just this time they say that they need some paperwork that has both of us on it(it does, first two lines). Like I said I called them and the lady told me to speak to that department(one that went unnamed). I told her that hers was the only number. I then emailed the question. I wish I could ask the reviewer what the problem is, but alas California DOJ seems more inept than ever.

Last edited by SmellOfCordite; 07-16-2018 at 2:03 PM..
Old 07-16-2018, 2:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

2) If there is anything that challenges the brains of the reviewers it gets passed by and escalated up.
3) The second line reviewers (probably just one "FIREARMS EXPERT") appears to be backlogged up way more than the first line reviewers who can do simple AR's and AK's within 90 days.

Hence the randomness of this. Not strictly by date if there is anything that requires thought and decision.
Then itís very obvious they were not ready to register anything if the have gun retards doing the registering and looking at photos. What an utter waste of tax payer funds.
Old 07-16-2018, 2:03 PM

Quote:
My home PC is basically used to remote into my work via VPN. I don't even have Office installed.
Windows 10 now offers print to PDF. My Samsung device also can print to pdf.

For the longest time windows let you print to XPS (Microsoft proprietary equivalent to Acrobat).

.......and yes I printed all of my CRIS's to pdf and put them in a folder with the original DROS and permanently going to save photos. I will also drop "THE LETTER" into each firearms folder. I used an old fashioned laptop just to make this process easier with the larger screens and keyboards. I had more than one to register so I did not want to use a portable device.

.....and yes it was recommended in the guide to print to pdf or paper for these types of events. Anytime I do a transaction on something very very important like AW registration I print to PDF for permanent record and availability for review. It has saved me countless arguments when they said I did it wrong and I was going to swear at them that they were wrong only to find that they were right and I was wrong, which allowed me to calm down and not make a fool of myself.

If you have checked your stuff as best as you can then please consider adding you name to the second link above. It is doubtful the lawsuit will win much of anything other than an opportunity to register and correct for those on the list of plaintiff's and maybe compel DOJ to reopen for everyone which is what you need.

Are the Makes, Model numbers, and serial numbers correct on your applications or at least close to correct (like only a typo)? If so then no big deal as you will get an incomplete and have a chance to fix and resubmit when the server is not so finicky.

GOOD LUCK! and keep us posted on how this is resolved.
Old 07-16-2018, 2:37 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

As far as DOJ knock and talk's, which we have only a few instances of (I believe the "farmer" case was not a knock and talk?), at least with 1 instance I can confirm that they tried to contact many times via email and possibly phone calls but there was a problem and it didn't get through, so they showed up.

No real reason to open the door at that point. Say it's inconvenient and if they could call you later to set up some kind of appointment, then call a lawyer and review what could possibly have brought them there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 07-16-2018, 3:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
As far as DOJ knock and talk's, which we have only a few instances of (I believe the "farmer" case was not a knock and talk?), at least with 1 instance I can confirm that they tried to contact many times via email and possibly phone calls but there was a problem and it didn't get through, so they showed up.

No real reason to open the door at that point. Say it's inconvenient and if they could call you later to set up some kind of appointment, then call a lawyer and review what could possibly have brought them there.
Sheesh. Make it so that when someone comes to your front door, there is no way they can tell if you're home or not. Get a Ring doorbell or an IP camera so you can see them on the screen, but you can decide if you want to answer.

My problem will be the dog who goes crazy when the doorbell rings. Got to figure out how to keep him from coming to the door.

Old 07-16-2018, 3:24 PM

Ok I got my approval today.
Summited Registration 5/23
Kickback email on 6/29 made the correction same day
Got submission confirmation on 7/5
Got my approval letter today 7/16 says approved and registered as of 7/11
Old 07-16-2018, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
Just got an incomplete email. Looks like they're still working Saturdays.

edit: Sigh. Everything looks correct on the one they think has the wrong features checked. Flash hider already present. Stock is a magpul fixed carbine. I think they are just mistakingly identifying the stock as telescoping. I'm going to just check the box for telescoping stock instead of trying to explain why its not a folding stock.
So after updating my registration to 'collapsible/folding stock' on 7/14 I got a submission confirmation today 7/16. Looks like incorrectly checking that feature is what they wanted me to do. Glad I didn't try to explain it and just did the only thing I could possibly do.
Old 07-16-2018, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proselyte View Post
Update:

So after waiting since March I found out it is the dreaded "Make not in the pull-down menu" holdup. Anyone receive any information on how long this might take?
Iíve been waiting for over 6 months for them to add the manufacturer to the drop down list. Last time I asked if there was an eta on when this might happen they told me that they had no control when it gets added so they had no further info. So I sit and wait. Check every few days to make sure it hasnít changed and been kicked back.
Old 07-16-2018, 3:47 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap&Rack View Post
Iíve been waiting for over 6 months for them to add the manufacturer to the drop down list. Last time I asked if there was an eta on when this might happen they told me that they had no control when it gets added so they had no further info. So I sit and wait. Check every few days to make sure it hasnít changed and been kicked back.
That's discouraging. My delays are for the same reason.

I wonder if they even know how to add a mfgr to the list? To date, I haven't heard of anyone getting their mfgr added to the list.
Old 07-16-2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap&Rack View Post
According to the guide aren't we supposed to put US in manufacturer then in the comments put actual manufacturer. It's how I did my two akm's no McKay Industries. They approved two akm's doing it like that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2018, 3:55 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmedave View Post
According to the guide aren't we supposed to put US in manufacturer then in the comments put actual manufacturer. It's how I did my two akm's no McKay Industries. They approved two akm's doing it like that.

There was a lot of confusion as to what "U S" meant. Some said it was unlicensed subject, others said it was United States. I think there is some proof that the U S means United States because the notification then said it was "United States".

It seemed to be the catchall and worked for most people, even if they didn't put the actual manufacturer in the comments. They seem to have been able to add to the list at one point, but then it seems to have fallen off a cliff after about January?
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 07-16-2018, 4:01 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
There was a lot of confusion as to what "U S" meant. Some said it was unlicensed subject, others said it was United States. I think there is some proof that the U S means United States because the notification then said it was "United States".

It seemed to be the catchall and worked for most people, even if they didn't put the actual manufacturer in the comments. They seem to have been able to add to the list at one point, but then it seems to have fallen off a cliff after about January?
Correct, yes DOJ has requested that people choose "U S" if the mfgr isn't in the list, and then write "MAKE:mfgr name" in the comments. But unfortunately, even when you follow those instructions, they still make you wait indefinitely for them to add the mfgr to the list, at which point they'll have you edit your app and pick it from the list.
Old 07-16-2018, 4:07 PM

Quote:

Make sure it's the option that has U *space* S. The space in between made it unnecessarily confusing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Correct, yes DOJ has requested that people choose "U S" if the mfgr isn't in the list, and then write "MAKE:mfgr name" in the comments. But unfortunately, even when you follow those instructions, they still make you wait indefinitely for them to add the mfgr to the list, at which point they'll have you edit your app and pick it from the list.
Did they every add things to the list during the reg process based on a request?
Quote:

Quote:
That's discouraging. My delays are for the same reason.

I wonder if they even know how to add a mfgr to the list? To date, I haven't heard of anyone getting their mfgr added to the list.
I think someone got thereís added and it took about 4 months. But I donít remember who or where so I could be mistaken. But all I know is that since the second week of January Iíve had my registration in and it still isnít done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmedave View Post

When I did mine, the guide said to list it as a custom model if it wasnít in the drop down list so thatís what I did. When I asked doj over the phone about it, the lady said there were no errors in the form. So if it was a matter of changing it from a custom model to U S Iíd hope they would tell me to change it and be done with it. I listed the make and gave a link to their website in the comments box. Donít know how much easier I could have made it for them.
Old 07-16-2018, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Now I know why my 2nd batch is hung up. It's the same issue, MP5 clone maker not listed in the drop down menu!

Old 07-16-2018, 4:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Weird stuff happening here

So, my wife and daughter, who are joint registrants on most of our guns, are getting approval letters on the ones I myself have not received approvals for.

So I can take out shooting only the ones I have approvals for and they can take the ones they do?

Help, I'm stuck with ARs and I want my AKs!

Old 07-16-2018, 7:25 PM

Quote:
So, my wife and daughter, who are joint registrants on most of our guns, are getting approval letters on the ones I myself have not received approvals for.

So I can take out shooting only the ones I have approvals for and they can take the ones they do?

Help, I'm stuck with ARs and I want my AKs!
Take you wife shooting, then hold her in embrace and your arm down hers and cheek to cheek to aim and sight and then your finger over hers....

then......Bang....

This is called multi-tasking. You get to shoot and at the same time get some happy wifey is a happy lifey credit.

She will get a kick out of

ÖÖ.honey.....get your shooting gear ready.....I have to take you to the range so I can shoot my guns and have you shoot them along with me or I will get arrested if you do not shoot them with me.....

Hopefully you have had children together and been through allot together raising them so this goes along with another challenge you face and overcome together. Have your daughter come along and say its so you are doubly safe.

Afterwards you can do the romantic dinner and entertainment thing and get triple credit for the range visit.
Old 07-16-2018, 7:30 PM

Anyone know how to check if they added a Make to the drop down menu without waiting till you get an incomplete.

Prior to closing off new application you could start a phony new one and check.

Also if you get an incomplete on another firearm you have an opportunity to check.

Three months now, in another month I am allowed to contact them and ask what gives (120 days). Hopefully they will answer the issues submission faster since there are no more new applications but on my 3 issues submissions I always got the canned processed red slime computer bot response and it was not till my turn for some application reviews that a real liver person read them and responded.
Old 07-16-2018, 7:43 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

There's no way to check anymore, unless they open up one of your existing apps for editing. Or if you let us know what mfgr it is, perhaps someone else with an unlocked app could check for you.
Old 07-16-2018, 8:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Take you wife shooting, then hold her in embrace and your arm down hers and cheek to cheek to aim and sight and then your finger over hers....

then......Bang....

This is called multi-tasking. You get to shoot and at the same time get some happy wifey is a happy lifey credit.

She will get a kick out of

ÖÖ.honey.....get your shooting gear ready.....I have to take you to the range so I can shoot my guns and have you shoot them along with me or I will get arrested if you do not shoot them with me.....

Hopefully you have had children together and been through allot together raising them so this goes along with another challenge you face and overcome together. Have your daughter come along and say its so you are doubly safe.

Afterwards you can do the romantic dinner and entertainment thing and get triple credit for the range visit.
Ah, so romantic! Well, the kid is now 26, but who says romance has to stop at 40, right?

My only concern bringing these guns back to CA before I get my letter is that I have access to all the safes, where as they only have access to one.

I can't imagine the DOJ approving registration for joint registrants and not for the primary registrant. I'll wait 'til August then I will call them to see if they issued me a letter that the postman probably delivered to the wrong address.

Old 07-16-2018, 9:42 PM

Quote:
There's no way to check anymore, unless they open up one of your existing apps for editing. Or if you let us know what mfgr it is, perhaps someone else with an unlocked app could check for you.
Volreg/FOR brings up the list. You can still access that on CFARS.
Old 07-16-2018, 9:45 PM

Also just to add, it seems like DOJ is doing my applications out of my own submission order. I kept a spreadsheet and submitted in order but I'm getting submission confirmation emails out of order so who knows how they are picking and choosing.

Just today I got submission confirmation emails for both 80% rifles and 80% pistols yay!
Old 07-16-2018, 10:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:

Not sure this is true. I submitted mine and my wife's literally minutes after. I got some kickbacks 7/5. fixed them same day. They still haven't asked me to fix my wife's version. So her information on the check boxes doesn't match mine right now and one of the mfgs doesn't match my revised copies either. I could understand a day difference in asking for corrections, but we're 11 days from when I got flagged.

My original submissions were on Memorial Day.
web: http://ugimports.com/calguns / email: sales@ugimports.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/ugimports / phone: (510) 371-GUNS (4867)
G+: http://google.com/+UGImportsLLCFremont / FB: http://facebook.com/ugimports
NorCal Range Maps: http://ugimports.com/rangemaps

I AM THE MAJORITY!!!