Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-06-2015, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

So how much does all this cost when said and done? Just want to be sure I have enough money, also on the questions about arrests or charges I have a DUI from over 7 years ago which I plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

9. Have you ever been convicted of any criminal offense (civilian or military) in the U.S. or any other
country? If yes, please explain including the date, agency, charges and disposition

6. List any arrest or formal charges, with or without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or
any other country (civilian or military)

which would go hand and hand with

3. Are you now, or have you ever been, addicted to a controlled substance or alcohol, or have you ever
utilized an illegal controlled substance, or have you ever reported to a detoxification or drug treatment
program. If yes, please explain.

I have not drank in 7 + years, how would I answer that? I have no drunk in public's only the DUI where no one was involved but myself.
Old 06-06-2015, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDkid View Post
Greetings! Let's hope that the third time's a charm!

I had my first Livescan 10/17/2014 . . . after a couple phone calls over a couple months to see what the hold up was, finally found out that through no fault of my own (poor fingerprints), I was a reject. My paperwork was laying around, doing nothing. Soooo, had my second Livescan 03/19/2015
Today, 05/14/2015, Livescan for the THIRD time! Same issue, I guess. The last reject letter was dated May 5.

THIS time I went to the Kilgore station. Was fingerprinted there years ago with no problem.

I think my initial interview was 9/11/2014. At this rate, I'll end up celebrating an anniversary of some kind!

<<sigh>>

Where you did your livescan?
Old 06-06-2015, 8:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
So how much does all this cost when said and done?
$200 in fees; $300 in training. (Plus guns, holsters, ammo, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
?...on the questions about arrests or charges I have a DUI from over 7 years ago which I plead guilty to a misdemeanor.

9. Have you ever been convicted of any criminal offense (civilian or military) in the U.S. or any other country? If yes, please explain including the date, agency, charges and disposition

6. List any arrest or formal charges, with or without disposition, for any criminal offenses within the U.S. or any other country (civilian or military)

which would go hand and hand with

3. Are you now, or have you ever been, addicted to a controlled substance or alcohol, or have you ever utilized an illegal controlled substance, or have you ever reported to a detoxification or drug treatment program. If yes, please explain.

I have not drank in 7 + years, how would I answer that? I have no drunk in public's only the DUI where no one was involved but myself.
Be honest, answer truthfully. #3 would appear to be "no".

Although 7 years appears to be on the margin of approval, the real question is what you've done with your life since then.

Tell the truth.

Good luck.
Old 06-06-2015, 9:50 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you Dvrjon, in the 7 years I have bought a house, been at the same job and gotten married. SO a VERY good seven years.
Old 06-08-2015, 7:19 PM

Got my permit today!

initial interview: 2/24
clear to get fingerprints: 3/27
fingerprints done: 4/3
notice of clearance from DOJ: 6/3
qualification class: early May
final interview/issuance: 6/8
Old 06-09-2015, 10:18 AM

To add another data point...

Initial Interview: 3/10
Approval: 3/27
Livescan: 3/30
DOJ Clearance: 6/8

I need to set my final interview next.
Old 06-11-2015, 1:59 PM

Initial: 5/7
Approval: 6/8
Livescan: 6/8
FBI clearance: 6/8
Awaiting Ca DOJ

RIP SGT Mark Allen RLTW! I love you brother. ‘Til Valhall’...
Old 06-16-2015, 10:20 PM

I'm currently in 52 days since I did the live scan...Hopefully I hear from them next few days.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faris1984 View Post
I'm currently in 52 days since I did the live scan...Hopefully I hear from them next few days.
Be patient, i know it seems like forever, but in the end it will pay off. If you haven't take your class yet, now will be the time to get ti done.
I just received my CCW last week and all i can say is that it was worth the wait.

Good luck.
Old 06-17-2015, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecwarrior76 View Post
Be patient, i know it seems like forever, but in the end it will pay off. If you haven't take your class yet, now will be the time to get ti done.
I just received my CCW last week and all i can say is that it was worth the wait.

Good luck.
I'm patient , I took my class last week.I called Sacramento sheriff to check on my live scan result and if they get it, they just tell me wait to 120 days . The only reason I'm concerned is one of my finger wasn't printing good when livescan.Some people here had the same problem and the sheriff department left their paperwork sitting there without calling them or do anything.
I will wait , wait and wait.
Old 06-18-2015, 6:12 AM

Quote:
I'm patient , I took my class last week.I called Sacramento sheriff to check on my live scan result and if they get it, they just tell me wait to 120 days . The only reason I'm concerned is one of my finger wasn't printing good when livescan.Some people here had the same problem and the sheriff department left their paperwork sitting there without calling them or do anything.
I will wait , wait and wait.
That may be the case but you need to give it 120 days before they will look it up for you.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:46 PM

Yes , I'm waiting . Hopefully I don't get something wrong in my fingerprint.
I'm in 57 days now since I did the fingerprint.
Old 06-22-2015, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Have you written anything questionable on CalGuns?

Just kidding (mostly). It appears as if everyone is waiting a loooong time for DOJ results these days.
Old 06-22-2015, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Have you written anything questionable on CalGuns?

Just kidding (mostly). It appears as if everyone is waiting a loooong time for DOJ results these days.
LOL.It seems like you said.It is so hard to wait.
Old 06-22-2015, 1:13 PM
Banned

wow, 57 days for prints to come back. I remember back in the day applying for a security job that required clearance and prints came back in a week or two
Old 06-22-2015, 1:17 PM
Veteran Member

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

The process, from initial appointment to LTC-in-hand, took me 96 days back in 2011, although the final 11 days were waiting for it to come in the mail after my final issuance appointment (that's how they used to do it, send it in the mail). Application to initial approval was less than 2 weeks. The biggest chunk of the 96 days was DOJ.

SSD's part in this is very polished and efficient now, at least that's what I've experienced with renewals, especially my latest renewal. DOJ is gonna be an ongoing problem, it seems.

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 06-22-2015 at 1:21 PM.. Reason: more letters, and an apostrophe
Old 06-22-2015, 1:23 PM

I hate California,maybe next years there will be not green , no water , no guns , no freedom of speech,Texas will be the best option for us.
Old 06-22-2015, 1:49 PM

8 months and still waiting here in San Joaquin County. Count your blessings.

Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member

tiocfaidh ár lá
Bobby Sands
Old 06-22-2015, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer61 View Post
8 months and still waiting here in San Joaquin County. Count your blessings.
This makes me sick, hopefully we don't get any worst than now in Cali.
Old 06-22-2015, 2:32 PM

I'm happy that they're at least issuing them to us now. I remember when they wouldn't even set appointments. It's taking time now but it's not as bad.

The livescan is quick. FBI came back the same day for me. It's CA DOJ that takes time. From every indication, it's been taking 60-67 days for the approval email from Amber Wong to reach applicants.

Take your class and get your gear in order. Holster selection, carry options, etc...that's what I've been doing.

Old 06-22-2015, 2:33 PM

Sorry. Posted same thing twice. Dam iPhone.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:40 AM

Default Sacramento CCW Application Question

Hey all, I have my initial appointment with Sac County in a couple of weeks and I wanted your opinion on some things on my application:

I was denied for a CCW in Yuba County for residency reasons 5 years ago. I was a resident and can prove it, but it still is there. Do you think this will be a stumbling block?

I had a firearms "incident" 23 years ago where I was shot in the foot while target practicing. A police report was filed by the Dr. and I was interviewed, but nothing came out of it. The officer actually wrote there was no criminal negligence.

I have no criminal history at all, am licensed for open carry in security and will put all the above information above on the application, but I am curious if any of you all had any experience with these issues and what problems they may cause?

If I am denied, I plan on appealing and using a lawyer, do any of you have experience with that and the cost?

Sorry about the long post, and thanks for any advice!!!
Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrettM99 View Post
I'm happy that they're at least issuing them to us now. I remember when they wouldn't even set appointments. It's taking time now but it's not as bad.

The livescan is quick. FBI came back the same day for me. It's CA DOJ that takes time. From every indication, it's been taking 60-67 days for the approval email from Amber Wong to reach applicants.

Take your class and get your gear in order. Holster selection, carry options, etc...that's what I've been doing.
I already took the class and bought a good holster.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I was denied for a CCW in Yuba County for residency reasons 5 years ago. I was a resident and can prove it, but it still is there. Do you think this will be a stumbling block?
The ND, AD, or whatever 23 years ago is much less likely to be a factor now than the denial in Yuba Co. If you could/can prove you were indeed a resident, did you appeal at the time?
Old 06-23-2015, 5:35 PM

Quote:
The ND, AD, or whatever 23 years ago is much less likely to be a factor now than the denial in Yuba Co. If you could/can prove you were indeed a resident, did you appeal at the time?
I have a rental agreement, a jury duty summons, voter registration, drivers license, vehicle registration and bank account. Was trying to get a business in the area going with some potential federal benefits. Did not work out. But, yes I did look into the area for the potential CCW benefits along with the federal benefits.
Old 06-24-2015, 5:37 PM

I'm checking my email every day hopping I get the email from sheriff department.
Old 06-24-2015, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawco View Post
I have a rental agreement, a jury duty summons, voter registration, drivers license, vehicle registration and bank account. Was trying to get a business in the area going with some potential federal benefits. Did not work out. But, yes I did look into the area for the potential CCW benefits along with the federal benefits.

So you have the rental agreement, etc. for Sacramento County, and you tried to get an LTC in Yuba 5 years ago based on trying to start a business up there? If that's the case, just explain it to them when you go for your initial appointment with SSD. If Yuba Co. didn't assume you were trying to misrepresent anything, it shouldn't be much of a concern. You might want to get something in writing from Yuba on that if possible.

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 06-24-2015 at 5:55 PM.. Reason: info
Old 06-24-2015, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Hey all, I have my initial appointment with Sac County in a couple of weeks and I wanted your opinion on some things on my application:

No.

Quote:
I had a firearms "incident" 23 years ago where I was shot in the foot while target practicing. A police report was filed by the Dr. and I was interviewed, but nothing came out of it. The officer actually wrote there was no criminal negligence.
Irrelevant, unless you have continued to undertake this type of behavior (negative trends are of concern).

Quote:
I have no criminal history at all, am licensed for open carry in security and will put all the above information above on the application, but I am curious if any of you all had any experience with these issues and what problems they may cause?
Lack of criminal history bespeaks of a youth wasted. You weren't trying hard enough.

Quote:
If I am denied, I plan on appealing and using a lawyer, do any of you have experience with that and the cost?
Always good to start with defeat on your mind.

Yolo County (and Sacramento County) wouldn't have issued 5 years ago. Today, Yolo still wouldn't issue to you. Don't make a big deal out of it. There was a dispute over residency and they elected to not issue. Move on; no big.

If you go in with the attitude that you're going to sue, the detectives will pick up the vibe and make for an interesting day. Chill out; solid residency and self-defense Good Cause gets issued.

Best.
Old 06-24-2015, 7:12 PM

Quote:
I hate California,maybe next years there will be not green , no water , no guns , no freedom of speech,Texas will be the best option for us.
Quote:
This makes me sick, hopefully we don't get any worst than now in Cali.
Quote:
I'm checking my email every day hopping I get the email from sheriff department.
You, Sir, are just a little ray of Sunshine.

It took 119 days from my initial interview to issuance in Feb 2013. That was before they improved efficiency and also increased applications. Just across the river, in Yolo County, you still can't get an application reviewed.

Relax. Santa shows up when he's supposed to, not when you want him to.
Old 06-24-2015, 8:58 PM

Default made my first apointment.

"a separate written statement listing the reason you wish to have a CCW permit"

this is a new line on step three.

do I just write.."for self defense"?
Old 06-24-2015, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenne View Post
"a separate written statement listing the reason you wish to have a CCW permit"

this is a new line on step three.

do I just write.."for self defense"?
Self defense is good. If you have family don forget to include that you want to protect them as well.
Old 06-26-2015, 6:18 AM

Quote:
So you have the rental agreement, etc. for Sacramento County, and you tried to get an LTC in Yuba 5 years ago based on trying to start a business up there? If that's the case, just explain it to them when you go for your initial appointment with SSD. If Yuba Co. didn't assume you were trying to misrepresent anything, it shouldn't be much of a concern. You might want to get something in writing from Yuba on that if possible.
The only thing I have in writing is the very nice form letters that denied me the permits. I do have a copy of my response to them which was vey polite and thanked them for the time. The told me in person it was a residency issue.
Old 06-26-2015, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
No.

Irrelevant, unless you have continued to undertake this type of behavior (negative trends are of concern).

Never happened again...

Lack of criminal history bespeaks of a youth wasted. You weren't trying hard enough.

I will not say I never bent the minor law hear or there...

Always good to start with defeat on your mind.

Not planning on defeat, just being prepared in advance...looking at all the angles...

Yolo County (and Sacramento County) wouldn't have issued 5 years ago. Today, Yolo still wouldn't issue to you. Don't make a big deal out of it. There was a dispute over residency and they elected to not issue. Move on; no big.

Good advice...

If you go in with the attitude that you're going to sue, the detectives will pick up the vibe and make for an interesting day. Chill out; solid residency and self-defense Good Cause gets issued.

I plan on going in with a very polite, respectful and professional attitude.

Best.
Thanks!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks!!!
You may also plan on some delay at the beginning, as they will likely contact Yolo to get background on the denial. Anything outside of "normal" usually takes more time.
Old 06-29-2015, 3:38 PM

Any one who did the livescan in April got his doj/fbi approval ?
Old 06-30-2015, 2:21 PM

I received my doj/fbi clearance today and scheduled my final appointment for tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2015, 6:10 AM

Quote:
I received my doj/fbi clearance today and scheduled my final appointment for tomorrow.
Congrats! I am in neighboring Placer County - Tomorrow will make 70 days since live scan for me.
Old 07-01-2015, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari_Gold View Post
Congrats! I am in neighboring Placer County - Tomorrow will make 70 days since live scan for me.
Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 2:00 PM

I got my CCW today.
Old 07-02-2015, 8:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I got my CCW today.
Congrats!