Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-15-2018, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
You guys are nuts. There is no way a pro CCW announcement is a good thing in Santa Clara county! He would lose thousands of votes he may otherwise get with such an announcement.
No, you are delusional. As I pointed out in post #721 above you were wrong about your claim that Santa Clara (24% more Dems than Repubs) was the 3rd most liberal county in the state, when in fact it is virtually tied with Napa (23% more Dems than Repubs) as the most CONSERVATIVE county of the 9 SFBA counties. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_...r_registration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napa_C...r_registration

Now, let's see how Essick won in Sonoma Co, which is even more liberal with 30% more Dems than Repubs. Essick, apparently recently switched from Repub to Dem (like Hirokawa) said "I am not a progressive, I'm a moderate Democrat" (55 min in) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoma...ion_statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I came across a 1 hour Q&A for the Sonoma Co SO candidates by the Santa Rosa Democratic Club video on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/SRDemClub/v...type=2&theater

I only watched/listened to the first 30 minutes. About ~14 min in, his opponent Ernesto Olivares says that there are currently ~130 Sonoma SO CCWs and that Essick told a Repub group that he'd increase the number of CCWs in the county. About 19 min in, Essick gives a vigorous defense of allowing the law-abiding and trained get CCWs and carry -- he says not only do CCWers not cause any problems, they actually enhance public safety. He even mentioned that a county to their north (Mendo? Shasta?) has issued 3,000 CCWs and has had zero problems and a county to their east (Solano? Sacto?) that's issued 5,000 CCWs and has had zero problems. He's prepping them psychologically for 1,000s of CCWers without any problems. This sounds great even before you remember this is before a roomful of CA Dem voters/activists! He faced the issue and our opponents square on and stood his ground!

Especially after watching that video, I think Sonoma Co folk should be optimistic: I was thinking he'll go yellow, now I think he may even go -- perhaps not right away -- to light green!

Watch it all to see if I missed any CCW discussion in the 2nd 30 min of the presentation, or just watch those 2 segments I mentioned, and let me know what you think.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 09-15-2018 at 12:16 PM..
Old 09-15-2018, 6:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Let’s get off our asses and do something about it. Should we reach out to his campaign and let them know that a lot of pro-2A voters will support him if he liberalizes CCW?
Yes, but you should also reach out to her campaign as well.

If you look at Sheriff Smith's campaign's FB page, you'll see her appealing to lots of special interest groups. Where's the pro-2nd A groups? Where's the NRA Members Councils? the GS2AC? Are they not even on speaking terms with her?

When Sheriff Gore of San Diego found himself in a tight race against a gay Dem opponent who was pro-CCW, Gore liberalized his own CCW policy. That's how we want things: where both sides are pro-CCW and you can't lose no matter who wins.

Gore tripled the number of CCWs in a year, ended up winning reelection in June, and has kept issuing more and more CCWs every month! He's hired more staff for his CCW unit and is consulting with OCSO on how they process CCWs to speed up things even more.

Gore's even put a counter up on his CCW Info page that is updated at the end of each month to show the current number of 2-year CCWs:
https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html

An easy place to start is by contacting Smith's campaign's FB page and telling her you want her to liberalize CCW issuance by October 15th and will vote for and support Hirokawa if she does not. But with no organization and so few posters in this Santa Clara Co CCW Info thread -- you should have at least several hundred contact her, a few thousand would be better -- you probably will just show her how weak you are.... That's your fault for preferring to spending time posting complaints than spending time organizing, planning, and doing.

But do what you can now and if things don't change, with whoever wins in Nov, just consider this to be laying the groundwork for the 2022 sheriff's election.

Here's Smith's campaign's FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/lauriesmithreelection/

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 09-16-2018 at 9:52 AM..