Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 09-06-2017, 7:52 AM

Default Serving son in hot water, Experience needed

My son a Sargent and is an instructor. He was on duty over the Labor Day weekend. Well two of his privates got into a serious fight, one was sent to the hospital. I don't want to say where. What kind of hot water is he in?
Old 09-06-2017, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

That's very little info, but if he wasn't involved and either got there after the fact or got there and stopped it, then I'd say he shouldn't be in any hot water.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur
Old 09-06-2017, 11:16 AM

Thanks friend, he wasn't involved. He was on watch duty. My son talked to my wife. We don't know the complete story. I'm I just worried for him. Take care
Old 09-06-2017, 4:42 PM

Not much can happen to your son. He was on duty. Stuff happens all the time drunks, theft, fights. As long as he report it to duty officer and writes it in the logs, hes fine. If he tries to cover it up then hes in trouble. As for the privates they will standing in front of battalion officer explaining themselves.

You have to think of it like your sons a prison guard he can only stop what he sees. If it happens in the street or the next barracks. it's on the privates.

Last edited by press press; 09-06-2017 at 4:50 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 4:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Similar to other subordinate situations. Things can happen. He has his role and responsibility. So like a boss. He will need to perform his duty to his men.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 09-06-2017, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by press press View Post
Not much can happen to your son. He was on duty. Stuff happens all the time drunks, theft, fights. As long as he report it to duty officer and writes it in the logs, hes fine. If he tries to cover it up then hes in trouble. As for the privates they will standing in front of battalion offier explaining themselves.
^^This. As a former Sergeant First Class, if he wasn't directly involved in the fight but broke it up and wrote up the incident, plus calling the hospital and or MPs for help, he's fine.

If he was there putting money on the winner or loser, he's toast.

EDIT - If he was their squad leader/platoon sergeant and had documentation of their inability to get along, he should present that to the platoon leader/commander and they'll figure out a solution. These days it'll probably not end up with someone going into the brig/stockade (yes, I'm old enough to remember those days... )
“This decision is a freedom calculus decided long ago by Colonists who cherished individual freedom more than the subservient security of a British ruler. The freedom they fought for was not free of cost then, and it is not free now.” - Hon. Roger T. Benitez, United States District Judge, March 29, 2019

Last edited by Cincinnatus; 09-06-2017 at 4:51 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 9:53 AM

The above information is not neccesarily correct. A lot will depend on what his standing orders are while on duty. While he cannot be held responsible for the fight itself, that doesn't mean that they won't burn him for other contributing factors. Specific situations that come to mind: Supposed to be a roving post and he was not roving, but he would have caught it before it escalated had he done so; same situation, but sleeping on post (more severe); underage privates (almost always the case) consuming alcohol in the common areas for an extended period before the fight and he did not check their age / turned a blind eye to it.
All 3 of those happen regularly enough and generally result in a loss of rank for the duty. Far more likely to happen since a) they are students, b) one was sent to the hospital.
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?
Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4E Phantom View Post
My son a Sargent and is an instructor. He was on duty over the Labor Day weekend. Well two of his privates got into a serious fight, one was sent to the hospital. I don't want to say where. What kind of hot water is he in?
Nothing should happen at all unless your son was the OOD of a base and these guys got into a fight on base at a club on base and your son did nothing.

It depends on the circumstances really. I just gave one example.

Aside from that he will be fine.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:14 AM

Any update on your son, OP?
Quote:
I don't understand. Is he being forced out for being an ammo-grabbing fascist or for being a failure as an ammo-grabbing fascist?