Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 09-16-2013, 9:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Question FFL and Cabelas.

Does Cabelas in Reno sell to CA residents with a C&R or do you still have to have it shipped to a local FFL? Can't seem to find the info online.

Thanks.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 09-16-2013, 9:42 PM

Cabelas sells C&R weapons to those who have a C&R license. I bought two handguns from them last year.
Old 09-16-2013, 9:46 PM
Calguns Addict

That is great news. I am hoping to go there this weekend to check out their rifles. Thank you for the information.
Old 09-17-2013, 5:51 AM

That is good to know. Is that corporate policy? I'm headed to Dallas in a few weeks and what to go to the Cabelas there.
Old 09-17-2013, 6:41 AM
Veteran Member

Don't know if it is a policy, it is just a FFL to FFL transfer. I have heard folks at the Reno store have had problems if they talk to the wrong guy, for example the regular gun counter staff, rather then the guys in the Gun Library who tend to have a better knowledge of things.

I bout a rifle from Cabela's in Reno when I still lived in Truckee and it was a non issue. They only required that my Drivers license and FFL addresses matched, and they need to be able to confirm that the firearm is over 50 years old for non-named ones.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcon5 View Post
Don't know if it is a policy, it is just a FFL to FFL transfer. I have heard folks at the Reno store have had problems if they talk to the wrong guy, for example the regular gun counter staff, rather then the guys in the Gun Library who tend to have a better knowledge of things.

I bout a rifle from Cabela's in Reno when I still lived in Truckee and it was a non issue. They only required that my Drivers license and FFL addresses matched, and they need to be able to confirm that the firearm is over 50 years old for non-named ones.
Even though I live in Nevada and have a C&R, the Reno store still makes me go through a background check on their computer. They wave the $25 fee though. I keep telling them I do not need to go through this with a C&R ... why don't you just subtract the $25 from the purchase price instead!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Hudson View Post
Even though I live in Nevada and have a C&R, the Reno store still makes me go through a background check on their computer. They wave the $25 fee though. I keep telling them I do not need to go through this with a C&R ... why don't you just subtract the $25 from the purchase price instead!
I am a NV resident now, Cabela's did not make me do the background check as of Sep 1.
Old 09-17-2013, 7:14 AM

Cool, thanks. I liked that Reno Cabelas, I brought home a nice BP Walker pistol.
Old 09-19-2013, 8:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I have been exchanging email with Cabelas and they said to bring an UNSIGNED copy of your C&R with you to do the paperwork. They have no problems with dealing with CA FFL03 holders. Looking forward to dealing with them in the near future.