Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 1:27 PM

hey folks what is the email to get to paul directly?

guess i gotta get my refund....ARGH what a waste of time. sucks because me and a friend both went on the same day, he paid cash for something in stock and got his AK pistol 10 days later. i paid cash for something not in stock and its been almost 4 months and NOTHING!

thankfully i have my receipt and everything..i live an hour away so i would like to email first before just showing up with a receipt..
Old 12-05-2012, 1:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post

guess i gotta get my refund....ARGH what a waste of time. sucks because me and a friend both went on the same day, he paid cash for something in stock and got his AK pistol 10 days later. i paid cash for something not in stock and its been almost 4 months and NOTHING!

thankfully i have my receipt and everything..i live an hour away so i would like to email first before just showing up with a receipt..
email is refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6veedub View Post
Care to share when you called/emailed? That way everyone who has done the same can see where they stand. Looks like they are going out of order or being selective. Thanks
i emailed yesterday around 1430. and today again at about 1230. Also, called yesterday around 16-1700 and left a msg.

and i got a call today during my lunch @ 1310

said he can't do cash refund, but he'll refund to my debit card in full. Also, when i get there, to knock on the window, he'll be there. he says he's a 3rd party Auditor hired by the new owner/s.
Old 12-05-2012, 1:36 PM

think this is it
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogert View Post
I had that happen to, my email sent to refund.valkyriearms@gmail.com instead of refundS.valkyriearms@gmail.com. Check the address and try again. Will advise if/when I get a reply- my message went out just after 1:00 PM.
Quote:

Old 12-05-2012, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Hearing some rumblings of a partner dispute/drama. I hope it resolves amicably and usefully so that all parties can get their guns.
This is consistent with my limited information also and is likely consistent with an independent auditor coming in to establish the current value of the business so it can either be sold or one partner buying out the other.

I've also heard that one side owned the SSE barrels which would explain why the SSE's have stopped during the transition.
Old 12-05-2012, 2:22 PM

Finally got the call from Paul. I had a 1911 Gov. Series 70 shipped to them for the SSE, did the DROS on 11/21 for pickup on 12/1. They can't finish any SSE at this point- I requested they transfer to Metal Dog Tactical

In my case because the DROS was sent to DOJ (or whoever), Paul has to first cancel it w/DOJ before the DROS can restart at Metal Dog Tactical. He has to figure out how to do that, so it's kind of an unknown on how long it will take at this point. He said he is personally delivering firearms to Metal Dog Tactical by weeks end for customers that have requested going that route, so some of you may be able to restart the DROS this week, unless yours has been sent to DOJ. Looking like it may be a few weeks before this headache sorts itself out for me and at least 3 trips to the South Bay...

For those of you still waiting to get a call, I emailed late 12/3 to the address on their site, to the refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com on 12/4 @ 13:00 and 12/5 @ 10:30. He's working through the list, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't worried for a bit.

Best of luck

Last edited by bbogert; 12-07-2012 at 11:36 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 2:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I received a call from Paul an hour after I emailed. He wasn't able to help me with my order so offered a full refund. I waited almost 4 months to find out that I won't be getting my pistol afterall. Noone in the bay does SSE's for the bodyguard 380 so I'm SOL on wanting to own the pocket pistol I wanted. C'est la vie I guess.
Old 12-05-2012, 3:17 PM

Just got my refund to my debit card. Full Refund @ 1542 today (Receipt shows 1842 ET).

As i got there, someone just left with a pickup (HK). met Paul, big round fella. Also another person inside with him.

So if anyone else has already paid (at least in full), you should be able to get your $$ back
Old 12-05-2012, 3:26 PM

Answering machine says if you need a refund email them : refund.valkyriearms@gmail.com UNFORTUNATELY Ive been emailing them but it bounces back! I still have a pending order for almost 3 mos now. Maybe they are in trouble??? ATF Audit????
Old 12-05-2012, 3:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGlocks View Post
Answering machine says if you need a refund email them : refund.valkyriearms@gmail.com UNFORTUNATELY Ive been emailing them but it bounces back! I still have a pending order for almost 3 mos now. Maybe they are in trouble??? ATF Audit????
Read the whole thread, you're using the wrong email address.
Old 12-05-2012, 3:30 PM

Quote:
you forgot the "s" in refundS.

refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2012, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXR390 View Post
Just got my refund to my debit card. Full Refund @ 1542 today (Receipt shows 1842 ET).

As i got there, someone just left with a pickup (HK). met Paul, big round fella. Also another person inside with him.

So if anyone else has already paid (at least in full), you should be able to get your $$ back
Were the gates open? I dropped by around noon and the gates were closed.
Old 12-05-2012, 3:33 PM

Pistol was shipped and received by the other dealer. They called me to go in and DROS...it's all good.

Super professional, great service.

Heading down there tomorrow.

Mace
Old 12-05-2012, 3:35 PM

Quote:
I believe they misspelled their email in their message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogert View Post
I had that happen to, my email sent to refund.valkyriearms@gmail.com instead of refundS.valkyriearms@gmail.com. Check the address and try again. Will advise if/when I get a reply- my message went out just after 1:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 3:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
Were the gates open? I dropped by around noon and the gates were closed.
You have to knock on the door or glass. Someone is in the back. I was there as well and left without knocking.
Old 12-05-2012, 3:53 PM

Paul finally called me. Was a biter sweet conversation. Happy he got a hold of me but didn't give me a definitive answer that my pistol was there. He saw the same type that he assumes was mines but needs to match the serial. Also had to re email him the ffl into I want the pistol shipped to. Hopefully he gets back to me soon with more answers and to tell me he's ready to ship it out. I want to be done with this
Old 12-05-2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumas1012 View Post
You have to knock on the door or glass. Someone is in the back. I was there as well and left without knocking.
Thanks... i just got back from Valkerie Arms. This time.. I saw Paul there through the window helping someone else. I knocked on the window and he let me in. He said he was there earlier in the day (when I dropped by earlier), but he was in the back doing inventory. so you really need to knock... even if you don't see him there.

He was professional. really takes care of you. They're sending out all the SSEs. so you might have to drive out to Tracy / Fresno to get them done if you require it. (depends if shop is equipped to do your gun)

I didn't want to risk it... i just got my refund and I'll try to get it again later. Either through another shop... or whenever Valkerie re-opens. Or... just find a used gun.
Old 12-05-2012, 6:36 PM

I just emailed tonight and received a reply within 30 minutes. I need to call tomorrow and see if the place I bought my gun from already shipped it and then figure things out.

Sad to see this happening, I hope they are able to work things out and come back strong. The employees have always been helpful and friendly when I was there.
Old 12-05-2012, 6:54 PM

Default refunds

They emailed me and they will be open tomorrow 12/6/12 1230pm..email them at refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
It is weird. I dropped in on Tuesday and there was NOTHING on the wall and a single built up AR lower in the case. Their story then was they have just been selling out of everything. If that's the case then the inventory should take about 8 minutes.
If Tim has left then that would explain a lot.
An earlier poster is right. Things were better before they left Milpitas.
I hope these issues, whatever they are get resolved happily.
Quote:
DAMN! no update yet? no one here on this forum knows anybody who works there.

HOW ABOUT SOMEONE GO COPY/PASTE THIS LINK ON THEIR FRONT DOOR. let them know the CALGUNS community is talking about their silence and that people are concerned this could be a ponzi scheme.

this sucks because i really like the customer service and the guys who helped me and my friend complete 2 successful transactions in august. then i was so satisfied that i put money down on a gun they warned me wouldnt be in stock for over a month. now its been over 3 months and my 900 bucks is still there and now i cant even contact them for refund or to start dros on something else!

argh....maybe someone should let the big dogs know? in case some of us need to band together to file a lawsuit to get our money back...
Old 12-05-2012, 7:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
Thanks... i just got back from Valkerie Arms. This time.. I saw Paul there through the window helping someone else. I knocked on the window and he let me in. He said he was there earlier in the day (when I dropped by earlier), but he was in the back doing inventory. so you really need to knock... even if you don't see him there.

He was professional. really takes care of you. They're sending out all the SSEs. so you might have to drive out to Tracy / Fresno to get them done if you require it. (depends if shop is equipped to do your gun)

I didn't want to risk it... i just got my refund and I'll try to get it again later. Either through another shop... or whenever Valkerie re-opens. Or... just find a used gun.
I was there tonight as well around 7. Got my full refund. So sad to see the walls bare.

They also had a system wipe in May sometime, all my customer information was wiped out, possibly why they never placed my order.
Old 12-05-2012, 7:53 PM
Veteran Member

I have some more information, but not much.

I went over to Valkyrie this afternoon and, after a short wait, I was admitted into the locked store. There was only one employee there, however he identified himself as the auditor and said he had only been working there for a week.

He said the store is going through a "business restructuring" and that he is there to "take inventory", and "verify records". He would not go into detail on exactly what is happening, but it very much appears to me that the business as we know it is no longer around and he is doing clean up.

I am guessing based on how he said things that either he does not know what is going to happen with the store, or it has not yet been decided.

The auditor is a bit overwhelmed with everything that is going on. Apparently there are many guns that need to be picked up, shipped out, or otherwise dealt with. There were 4 different people with guns being picked up or dealt with while I was there. I was only there for 30 minutes. It appears that he is spending his time going through the actions of running a store for now and is getting very little auditing done.

Also, since he is the only one working, and Valkyrie normally has one employee assigned just to email and phone, the phone is basically abandoned. Many of the voicemails being left on the answering machine were not very polite, and I would guess many of the emails are not polite either. My suggestion is if you have money in the game then get yourself to their store. Dealing over the phone at this point seems to be to be a bad idea.

When it was my turn, he quickly refunded my money for the deposit I had left back to my credit card and I was on my way.

It seems that the auditor is doing his best with the situation he is in.

Whomever is in charge of the store is not around.

I do wonder what will happen to the employees of the store, since none of them seem to be around either.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I spoke to a now ex-employee today and he said that last Monday all the employees simply left, he did not mention if it was voluntary or if they were asked to leave. It sounds like they are re-structuring the business and doing all that they can to make things right. Hope things work out for everyone that is involved, I would like to say that being civil with the auditor will be better than trying to rip him a new one.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
I would like to say that being civil with the auditor will be better than trying to rip him a new one.
True! It is not he's doings that brought us to this point. He is just trying to make things right for people.
Old 12-05-2012, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio View Post
I spoke to a now ex-employee today and he said that last Monday all the employees simply left, he did not mention if it was voluntary or if they were asked to leave. It sounds like they are re-structuring the business and doing all that they can to make things right. Hope things work out for everyone that is involved, I would like to say that being civil with the auditor will be better than trying to rip him a new one.
I agree, the auditor Paul seems like a good guy and is trying to make things right.

I was there tonight and was refunded for my DROS and SSE fees. He's handing off a 1911 I had shipped to them, over to Metal Dog Tactical this week. I then have to do the DROS again w/Metal Dog Tactical and they are going to do the SSE. My DROS was already submitted so first Paul has to figure out how to 'undo' that bit.

I'm happy to be making progress in the right direction but bummed I have to redo the wait for DROS again.

For those of you still in limbo, hang in there. Paul will get to you, poor guy got dumped a big 'ol mess to clean up but he's working through it.

Last edited by bbogert; 12-07-2012 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

I emailed Paul yesterday with my cell # in the email. He promptly called me back and was very polite & professional. I told him I ordered a pistol 4mo ago and paid in full. He said Valkyrie had my order marked as "balance due". Nice move by Valkyrie, take people's money, not record any income, tell them to wait months on hard to get guns that they never ordered! Ponzi scheme at it's finest!

Nevertheless, I brought in a credit card statement proving I paid in full and Paul immediately refunded my money. Two other guys in front of me in the completely empty store while I waited my turn. This was about 5pm tonight. I was in there about 30min and the phone did not stop ringing.

Paul has his work cut out for him but I can vouch for the fact he is trying very hard to make things right for people who have money or guns tied up. I'm not sure who is footing the bill for this, but someone is trying hard to make things right.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 12-05-2012, 8:55 PM

Tag .
Old 12-05-2012, 9:14 PM

Have no interest in stirring the pot or jumping on the dog pile here.. But If they were "restructuring" or being "bought out", I would think it might be in a potential "new" stores/owners interest to handle the situation a little better.. So it sounds like that store is toast either way.

Having said that, I completely understand the anxiety of the calgunners here.. We have to deal with enough crap as it is, so Its hard to blame you for all the speculation.. I'd be pi$$ed too..

My question..
I would think the FFL would be public record.. no? Isn't there a way to verify who possesses (any) stores FFL?

Am I wrong that anyone "working" there could possess the FFL? Doesnt have to be the owner from my understanding...

CWS and RJF.. sound familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatoscc View Post
ive always used these forums for good info, however i was not a member of any, and with my collection and time spent gunsmithing for everyone i know i thought id step it up and finally get on some useful forums with my hobby
I think this is the TOOL who keeps sending me "emails" about viagra, local desperate cougars and being mugged in Italy and needing me to wire him $3k..

Last edited by shooter5; 12-05-2012 at 9:26 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 9:24 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you Gio!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 PM

This oddly reminds me of what happened during their first anniversary sale.

Ordered something through them. waited a few weeks. "The order hasnt been sent yet". The when it comes time for pick up. "DROS was down". Just lies. Not to mention incompetent employees who seem they cannot return phone calls regarding potential purchases and employees admitting to breaking laws sbrs, hicaps, ect.

There was a great ambiance when they first opened, then CS went out the window shortly after.

Good riddance.
Old 12-06-2012, 9:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I did a PPT with them a month ago, it was the smoothest PPT I've done. Though the counter guy insisted I show 3 months of residency and I insisted that I only needed 1 month, as of July 2012 (and when I did a PPT at TM a few months ago, they confirmed that I only needed 1 month, though TM took TWO HOURS to get to me and VA helped me immediately and we were done in 5 minutes).

They were selling off their police uniform items, I got some great deals on stuff like an inner/outer holster belt for like $12 (combined price!) and I bought a fleece jacket for $6!

At the time the shelves were almost bare, they SAID that they were selling off their inventory of uniforms and stuff at 80% off because they were changing the focus of the store to be more "tactical" versus "police supply (ie uniforms, belts, and other LEO/security guard equipment). Maybe it was really an inventory sell off in preperation for a shut down. Who knows!?

At the very least, they should change their voicemail and website to explain what is going on.

Last edited by Lead Waster; 12-06-2012 at 9:44 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasem0nkey86 View Post
There's all the information you need.
My bad. Yes, for a customer seeking to get his gun and/or money, that post is helpful.

I was looking at this from a different view, more concerned with underlying reason for the closure of VA. If it is truly internal issues, then its their own business as to why. If there is some sort of audit or regulatory issue being dealt with here then this could have ramifications for other dealers who might be dealing in SSE, rebuild kits, etc.

Just sayin'

400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043

www.eddysguns.com

Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter5 View Post
Have no interest in stirring the pot or jumping on the dog pile here.. But If they were "restructuring" or being "bought out", I would think it might be in a potential "new" stores/owners interest to handle the situation a little better.. So it sounds like that store is toast either way.

Having said that, I completely understand the anxiety of the calgunners here.. We have to deal with enough crap as it is, so Its hard to blame you for all the speculation.. I'd be pi$$ed too..

My question..
I would think the FFL would be public record.. no? Isn't there a way to verify who possesses (any) stores FFL?

Am I wrong that anyone "working" there could possess the FFL? Doesnt have to be the owner from my understanding...

CWS and RJF.. sound familiar?

I think this is the TOOL who keeps sending me "emails" about viagra, local desperate cougars and being mugged in Italy and needing me to wire him $3k..
Depending on how much of a mess things were in, it's entirely possible that the people working to get customers their guns or refunds are doing the best they can.

As far as FFL info being public, it is. However you'd need to get the FFL numbers to look them up on the ATF's website.

Of course all you'll really find is that 10-8 and valkyrie's FFLs are both still active through part of 2013.

10-8 police supply FFL# 9 - 77 - XXX - XX - XX - 02159
VA FFL# 9 - 77 - XXX - XX - XX - 02192

http://www.fflregistry.com/
https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Depending on how much of a mess things were in, it's entirely possible that the people working to get customers their guns or refunds are doing the best they can.

As far as FFL info being public, it is. However you'd need to get the FFL numbers to look them up on the ATF's website.

Of course all you'll really find is that 10-8 and valkyrie's FFLs are both still active through part of 2013.

10-8 police supply FFL# 9 - 77 - XXX - XX - XX - 02159
VA FFL# 9 - 77 - XXX - XX - XX - 02192

http://www.fflregistry.com/
https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/
FFL info is fully public and you can download a spreadsheet for any given state on the ATF website. You just have to search a bit to find it. Use excel to search the business name and then you will find the "responsible person" who maintains the books and holds the FFL.

400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043

www.eddysguns.com

Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports View Post
FFL info is fully public and you can download a spreadsheet for any given state on the ATF website. You just have to search a bit to find it. Use excel to search the business name and then you will find the "responsible person" who maintains the books and holds the FFL.
Indeed they do, but it's not up to date(only up to June)

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

It doesn't list a "responsible person" though. Apparently they got another FFL for "Valkyrie Police Supply", I doubt that means much if anything in the grand scheme of things though.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM

Anyone else using gmail notice the name associated with refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com that pops up when composing an email?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Anyone else using gmail notice the name associated with refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com that pops up when composing an email?
Enlighten us please
Old 12-06-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
you mean "naveed anwar"? didn't know what you were talking about until i gave it a try...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I here now but no one responded to my knocks. Gonna grab a sandwich at Ike's and hopefully Paul will be there at 1Pm. I just want to get this over with already. Been coming back here way too many times with no results.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was told that Naveed Anwar is the silent partner of VA and he's the one that's trying to "clean things up". I finally got to meet Paul and he was very helpful with my refund.

Thanks for you help Paul if you see this.
Old 12-06-2012, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumas1012 View Post
I was told that Naveed Anwar is the silent partner of VA and he's the one that's trying to "clean things up". I finally got to meet Paul and he was very helpful with my refund.

Thanks for you help Paul if you see this.
I think I met this guy a few years ago at that shop when it was 10-8 (he was the owner I believe).
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 12-06-2012, 1:40 PM

Yes I got my refund for my Colt mustang! Just go there and bring your reciept
Closed Thread