Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 12-24-2014, 3:50 AM

Praise Jesus brother! Haminuhhh haminuhh hallelujah!!

Seekins are a little nicer than the aero. IMO. But I would rock both

Last edited by SCjonny831; 12-24-2014 at 3:51 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 12-29-2014, 3:00 PM

Day 11:

Captains log - I'm starting fade mentally. Waiting now for a long time at riflegear, I've lost track of time and have difficulty remembering my name. I pulled a number what seems like years ago, and feel like I'll never be called. I keep telling myself to stay strong. If anyone finds this tell my wife I love her; and don't sell my AR Pistol.
Old 12-31-2014, 8:00 PM

When you got your AR Pistols, how many of you guys got charged an SSE fee by your LGS?
It seems to me, when there's no barrel changes, etc (just pop in a 1 shot magazine) they shouldn't charge an SSE fee. Just curious.
Old 12-31-2014, 8:18 PM

I did the transfer at rmb enterprises with rob
he only charge $40 plus tax plus dros
no sse fees.
if u ordered this Radital AR pistol, the mag has already been blocked to 1rd.
hence they should not charge sse conversion fee, as there are no modification needed.
Old 12-31-2014, 9:11 PM

I was charged SSE by Mike at OC Armory, 25 dollars, not happy, the price I was quoted over the email didn't have it and he added it at the very last minute.

The whole experience of the transfer was not very pleasant either, I doubt I will ever go there again.
Old 12-31-2014, 9:22 PM

Aces Jewelry in West Covina charges $25 transfer + $25 DROS + tax. No SSE fee. They told me they DROS'd around 25 Radical Arms AR pistols.
Old 12-31-2014, 9:42 PM

$25 transfer fee is the lowest I have heard
Old 12-31-2014, 10:26 PM

Quick question.... just got mine... the A2 flash hider ports are not centered... is that normal?...
Old 01-02-2015, 2:02 PM

when mine came in to riflegear, they shipped it with a 30rd PMAG!

riflegear just hacked off the bottom to make the mag useless and transferred it that way. no SSE fee. it took forever since they're incredibly busy and hired new people who don't exactly know the routine.

but she's finally home!

10.5" 5.56 - seekins lower / radical upper

Old 01-02-2015, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwolf View Post
when mine came in to riflegear, they shipped it with a 30rd PMAG!

riflegear just hacked off the bottom to make the mag useless and transferred it that way. no SSE fee. it took forever since they're incredibly busy and hired new people who don't exactly know the routine.

but she's finally home!

10.5" 5.56 - seekins lower / radical upper

Very nice...get to pick mine up tonight! Can't wait! I'm assuming you had to take the FSC exam and give the state another $25 of your hard earned money???
Old 01-02-2015, 3:30 PM

Not buying this was a huge mistake. I want an AR pistol now. I'm trading a brand new VP9 if anyone is interested.
Old 01-02-2015, 5:41 PM

Dang, that FDE looks nice. I was trying to get that but they were rare and went fast.

I am not happy that OC Firearms hit me with the $25 SSE fee either for basically sliding the one-shot mag in the mag-well. Oh wait, I did that.
Old 01-02-2015, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflee01 View Post
Very nice...get to pick mine up tonight! Can't wait! I'm assuming you had to take the FSC exam and give the state another $25 of your hard earned money???

Negative! Just showed my HSC

The radical dudes are great to work with. this particular one
Is one of, if not THE last of it's spec to enter cali. trying to figure
out a good name. something something last of the Mohicans.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry753 View Post
Not buying this was a huge mistake. I want an AR pistol now. I'm trading a brand new VP9 if anyone is interested.
Don't...that VP9 is impossible to get now, but an AR Pistol isn't if you go the 80% route.

Just save your money and buy a Router Jig Kit. I went the drill press route, but heard the router method is much, much, much easier and after watching a few videos, I have no qualms about recommending this for everyone, including newbies.

You'll spend a bit on the initial cost, but you only need 1 jig and you can just buy 80% lowers on sale (like the $49 80% lowers earlier this week), and then churn out as many pistols & rifles as you want FOR YOURSELF.

Quote from Cooper:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Old 01-02-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu239 View Post
I was charged SSE by Mike at OC Armory, 25 dollars, not happy, the price I was quoted over the email didn't have it and he added it at the very last minute.

The whole experience of the transfer was not very pleasant either, I doubt I will ever go there again.
Bummed you had a bad experience. I always expect to pay an additional fee for SSE, for $25 that's less than a brick of 22, but if you weren't quoted that then I get it.

I've been to the OC Armory more times than I can count, and if things are busy (I've been in there during each panic), then they don't have time for chit chat or pleasantries and tend to just push along to get everybody out as quickly as they can.

I'd give them another chance if you had to, they are a great small shop, if they have the time will take all the time in the world to help you, and personally I really like using these guys to put together my uppers (including a couple pin & welds) and have never been disappointed.

Quote from Cooper:

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Old 01-02-2015, 10:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackliu239 View Post

You should be happy they charge you $25 SSE fees, before there was probably less then a handful of places in California that didn't charge SSE fee. Fees for SSE is a standard practice, the only reason a lot of shops started not to charge SSE fee was to move their own inventory before 2014 ended. I delt with OC armory and unless the pistol was purchase from them any SSE fee is $100+ DROS. Its even on their website. I like OC Armory, its a place for people who researched what they wanted, know what they want, and don't waste time asking nonsense questions that can be searched on google before they buy something. My experience with OC Armory is that I'm in and out in 15 minutes as long as its not too long of a line for a transfer.
Transfer Fees:

Pistols

$45 + DROS* Fees5.00

Off Roster Pistols/SSE Pistols

$100 + DROS* Fees (includes parts rental)

Rifles

$55 + DROS* Fees

Stripped Recievers

$35 + DROS* Fees

NFA Transfers

$100 + DROS* Fees

Last edited by Checkk; 01-02-2015 at 10:55 PM..
Old 01-03-2015, 5:33 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Yes, I bought one and I have found that it tangibly increases my tactical awesomeness and general warlike fierceness.
Old 01-03-2015, 9:02 AM

I was charged $150 ($125 SSE & $25 DROS) to transfer the AR pistol at the FFL I had it shipped to. I wasn't happy, especially considering the mediocre service I received, but it was my fault for not calling ahead to verify pricing. Live & learn.
Old 01-03-2015, 9:26 AM

Quote:
I went the 80% route with the router based jig and am really happy. My whole build, less the cost if the jig, was around $550. The_Duck is right. It's a much cleaner and easier way to get to 100%.
Old 01-03-2015, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drathen View Post
I was charged $150 ($125 SSE & $25 DROS) to transfer the AR pistol at the FFL I had it shipped to. I wasn't happy, especially considering the mediocre service I received, but it was my fault for not calling ahead to verify pricing. Live & learn.
Now that is excessive Drathen.
Are you sure you aren't including other things in your $125 SSE like tax and transfer fees?
You are going to pay tax no matter what and that's about $51.
If you paid $50 transfer fee, that's actually pretty good. Most places charge more.
Tack on a completely unwarranted (for AR pistol) $25 SSE and you hit your $125. If that's how you paid your $125, it's not TOO bad.
If you actually paid $125 for SSE only, don't go back to that place, EVER.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:24 AM

I'd love info on how to build one
Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer13 View Post
I'd love info on how to build one
Using Router Jig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiHdV5slQps
Using Drill Press/Mini Mill Jig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozNGFRvo0gE

Go with Router, I've done the latter with a $80 drill press and it ain't fun, but if I had a $600 mini mill, probably a different story. Once done, finish it up like any other lower (install LPK, upper, buffer tube, stock, etc...), then go bang bang at the range with it 'murica.

Quote from Cooper:

Old 01-10-2015, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShark View Post
Now that is excessive Drathen.
Are you sure you aren't including other things in your $125 SSE like tax and transfer fees?
You are going to pay tax no matter what and that's about $51.
If you paid $50 transfer fee, that's actually pretty good. Most places charge more.
Tack on a completely unwarranted (for AR pistol) $25 SSE and you hit your $125. If that's how you paid your $125, it's not TOO bad.
If you actually paid $125 for SSE only, don't go back to that place, EVER.
It was $125 just for SSE... The total cost including tax and transfer fee was a little over $200.
Old 01-10-2015, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drathen View Post
It was $125 just for SSE... The total cost including tax and transfer fee was a little over $200.
In that case, you really have a right to be ticked off. They need to be called out because it is unlikely their price gouging will end with SSE.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:58 AM

In light of the new ATF letter reversing their position on the Sig brace, have any of you considered converting the pistol to a rifle?
Old 01-20-2015, 12:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
In light of the new ATF letter reversing their position on the Sig brace, have any of you considered converting the pistol to a rifle?
I have. Not an AR pistol but a Sig 556xiR pistol with Sig Brace.

After a while the magazine lock and the 10rd magazine limitation overcomes the novelty of a short weapon. Depending on the eventual outcome of this ATF opinion letter (somehow I don't think the companies involved, Sig, CAI, soon IWI, and SB Tactical, would walk away whimpering with their tails tucked between their legs), I would consider swapping a 16" rifle barrel and attach a bonafide stock and go featureless.

Pistol to rifle conversion (but not back, ever again) is OK, right?

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:46 PM

I believe that is the case, unfortunately.

Well...time to search for a decent 16" barrel and quad rail or even a complete upper. Wondering if the buffer tube & spring need to be changed as well.
Old 01-20-2015, 1:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I believe that is the case, unfortunately.

Well...time to search for a decent 16" barrel and quad rail or even a complete upper. Wondering if the buffer tube & spring need to be changed as well.
The pistol buffer tube, for better function, yes. I guess you can leave the pistol tube and SB15 on it. Hey after all, it will no longer be a SBR, right? But regular carbine buffer stocks would work much better, no twisting, adjustable LOP on the fly, etc.

I'd wait for a while and only shoot the pistol with the SB15 strapped if I really want to take it to the range. Forget taking a class with it. I think, once a rifle, you cannot make the gun a pistol again in CA.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I will trade an AR rifle for your AR pistol.