Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Default It’s nice to put some of those wasted tax dollars in my pocket.

For all intents and purposes what I’m doing here has come to a complete halt. I’m staring at a wall. I was slated to come home next week. However, I just found out from higher ups that if they send me home now they will lose my replacement. Ergo, I have to stick around and pocket $5K a month doing absolutely nothing.

Oh, never mind they nearly sent me back home the same month I originally got here, and then they pushed me out to another detachment just to get me out of their hair. Now that detachment is out of here, and I’m back at HQ in the original situation I was before. The difference now is I’m not the guy they want to get rid of, but the guy they need to keep so they can have someone else in the future who too will do nothing.

Oh, I’m sure someone will make something up for me to do, and give the perception that I’m doing something, but whether I do it or not, or do it well is completely irrelevant because no one reads it or cares or will even follow up if I’ve done it. I’ll likely get a medal for it too.

Then when my replacement gets here, and we do left seat right seat I can tell him that what I was doing is no longer being done (because the folks I supported are GONE), and I have no idea what he will be doing. That way I can show him the special spot on the wall he gets to stare at for 9 months.

I of course was an idiot and already shipped a bunch of stuff home. So I only have one uniform now.

The very small upside out of all this is I will now no longer have to go to the ASU Inspection Drill Weekend when I get back.
Old 08-09-2014, 4:46 PM
CGN Contributor

If the day ever comes that you post something positive about your Army Reserve experience here; we'll know you're posting under duress and in enemy custody...

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

You can trust me. I'm a arecrooman... aircroomen... airecrewmen... I fly on planes.
Old 08-09-2014, 8:33 PM

What you get out of the Army is exactly what you put into it. Any job out there is going to have good days and crappy days. If you sit around complaining about things in the Army and do nothing to improve your situation then it's your own fault. If you have no job somewhere then take the initiative and create one for yourself. That's how you get awards and that is definitely how you will get anything other than cookie cutter NCOER or OER bullets.
Old 08-10-2014, 8:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg0777 View Post
If you have no job somewhere then take the initiative and create one for yourself.
Last time I did that it doesn’t go anywhere. It’s happened more than once.

Too much rope to push up hill.

Now there's too many lanes around here I'm trying not to step in.