Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 02-19-2015, 8:54 PM

Default ███ FT3 TACTICAL March Training & Event Schedule:3/16 &17- CA-CCW ███

FT3 TACTICAL March Training & Event Schedule:

3/9- Basic Handgun (M) 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Instructor: TJ Johnston (AllSafe)
Course Description: This NRA course is a basic intro to handgun marksmanship. It will cover safe gun handling, proper stance, grip, aiming, breath & trigger control and follow through. Each student will shoot a course of fire for practice and for score. All firearms, ammo, eyes, ears, & targets included. $100 (includes firearm (22 cal), instruction, ammo, targets, & eye &ear protection)

3/16 &17- CA-CCW (Mon. & Tu.) 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Instructor: TJ Johnston (AllSafe)
Couse Description: This course is approved by the OCSD. This is the NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home, the top course in the nation. This 16-hour class includes classroom & range qualifications as required by the OCSD to obtain your concealed carry permit. Enjoy the convenience of having both the classroom and shooting portions of this class at one location.
Equipment Needed: A center fire handgun, an approved strong-side hip holster, a minimum of 2 magazines (or 3 speed loaders for revolvers) and a minimum of 200 rounds per day. Shooters must wear a concealment garment that covers their handgun and magazines.
COST: $200 range fee included (15% off FT3 ammo if purchased for this class)

3/16- CCW Shoot Night (M) 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM Instructor: TJ Johnston (AllSafe)
Course Description: Concealed Weapons CCW Holder’s Night is specifically designed for CCW permit holders exclusively. (Does not have to be CA) There is no classroom. This is a 100% live fire session. A must attend for any CCW holder who wishes to practice the skills that come with the responsibility of carrying a concealed firearm. Participant MUST show valid CCW permit before being permitted to participate.
Equipment Needed: Eye & ear protection, a center fire handgun, approved holster, a minimum of 2 magazines (or 3 speed loaders for revolvers) and a minimum of 200 rounds. The shooter must wear a concealment garment that covers their handgun and magazines. COST: $59

3/18- AllSafe Handgun Challenge (W) 7:00 PM – 9:30 PM Instructor: TJ Johnston (AllSafe)
Prizes for the top 3 finishers COST: $40

Last edited by repo4sale; 02-19-2015 at 9:26 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 02-20-2015, 9:40 AM

Good info, thank you. What is the process for signing up for one of the classes?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:24 AM

pay via phone at ft3.com or in person. (714) 677-2841
Same for allsafedefense.com (714)744-4485
Notes:
Read the rules 3 times and do everything they said!
Bring 1 gallon of drinking water or Gatorade!
Bring 3-4 protein candy bars
Old 03-17-2015, 9:30 AM
Veteran Member

I attended the 2-hour CCW Shoot Night last night. First time with All-Safe/TJ Johnson and also first time at FT3.

FT3 is the fanciest Range I've ever seen. First Class joint. Friendly staff made me feel welcome.

The CCW Shoot Night was a very good 2-hour experience at an appropriate price point. It was focused on CCW Safe Handling and Proficiency with your weapon. It was 95% practical, many holstering/shooting drills. Once in a while the Instructor would gather everyone round for a learning opportunity.

The session was well organized, All-Safe Staffers were alert and vigilant about safety, but still remained very friendly and personal. I liked the staff a lot, very helpful and treated students with respect. The Range atmosphere was positive and conducive to the topic - CCW Safety and Proficiency with your weapon. I used up about 112 rounds for the exercises. It would have been more had I been able to actually find a place to park (parking lot was full packed) and there was no confusion about my pre-payment at the front desk - this caused me to be about 15-20 minutes late, so I missed some earlier exercises and discussions.

Anyway, I immediately liked TJ Johnson. He is a very experienced Instructor that is regimented yet personable and jovial.

I liked just about everything about the class. There were approximately 22 people in the group, and although that is large, there was physically plenty of space for everyone. With that said, I would like it even more if the class size were half of that.

I do not recommend the class to anyone who has shot less than about 500-1,000 rounds in their lifetime. It seems that (1) for the safety of the class and (2) being able to keep up with the drills, one needs to have some basic proficiency in safely handling a pistol.

I highly recommend this class is for people who have a CCW, have basic safety proficiency and want to test/elevate their skills in Concealed Carry situations.

Last edited by caliberetta; 03-17-2015 at 9:47 AM..
Old 03-17-2015, 9:54 AM

I agree completely. It definitely taught me I need more holster work in order to be proficient under stress. I will repeat on 4/20 when it is offered next. Good seeing you there Caliberreta.

Anyone know the details on the Handgun Challenge Class that goes tomorrow?
Old 03-17-2015, 1:49 PM
Veteran Member

Had a great time FBG - nice to have taken it with a friend. Looking forward to more training in the near future, pretty sure I'll be joining you on 4/20.

Last edited by caliberetta; 03-17-2015 at 1:55 PM..