Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-01-2012, 2:35 PM

Default I need help picking out a new gun

Ok I have about $700 to $800 to spend. I have a glock 30, ruger LCR, bolt action 300 win mag with a good scope, hunting shotguns, and 2 old 22 tube feed rifles.

What I am thinking about is an AK but dont really know which one to get or a ruger 10/22 or maybe a full size glock in 45 or 40cal or a kahr p380 or ruger lcp, I have a CCW. I would like to get a M1A scout but they cost too much.

Let me know what you guys think i should do. My wife says I cant make up my mind so help me.

Last edited by gmd455; 03-01-2012 at 2:40 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 3:00 PM

I think for that much you should be albe to pick up both a glock and Ruger 10\22
Old 03-01-2012, 3:21 PM

Save up for the M1 if you really want it, or you'll never get rid of that itch.

-Emiliano Zapata
Old 03-01-2012, 3:53 PM

Well, you need a full size defensive pistol, A HD shotgun, and a medium caliber semi automatic rifle. Since you already have at least A pistol and A shotgun, I would say go for the AK

the question here is not whether the carrying of arms is a good idea—the question is
whether carrying arms is constitutionally protected. Objective standards and due process—not
Defendants’ philosophy or personal beliefs about the value of this activity—must carry the day-Alan Gura
Old 03-04-2012, 7:18 PM

I will sell you my gen3 glock 22 only 100 rounds through 2 mags with box and cleaner for 425
Old 03-04-2012, 8:12 PM

I would get a 1911. For that price range you can get a SA Loaded, SW1911, Sig 1911 XO, or a Kimber Custom Classic II.
Old 03-04-2012, 8:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

VZ58 right at your price point

http://www.czechpoint-usa.com/produc...ornia-military

stripper clip or mag fed
Old 03-04-2012, 8:52 PM
Calguns Addict

everyone should have a 10/22, (except felons and mental patients), and you have extra $$$ for something else

but considering this is a handgun forum, maybe a ruger mk3, or buckmark

Spyder

"You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"
Old 03-04-2012, 8:58 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

You can pick up a Glock 21 for less than that. Nice gun.
Old 03-04-2012, 8:58 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Oh, yeah, this is the handgun forum. CZ75 SP-01 is amazing, and you would have enough left over to buy a 10/22 also.

That VZ58 looks like a nice gun but perhaps a bit expensive for an AK type rifle? I want an AK but what has been holding me back is the ammo. Sure, the Yugo is non-magnetic but it is corrosive, which means you have to really clean and bathe your rifle every time out and when that supply of non-magnetic Yugo dries up, if you live in SoCal where hardly any ranges will let you shoot magnetic rounds, you will be stuck with REALLY expensive ammo, correct? I may buy an AK anyway just because it would be a great counterpoint to my AR, but I doubt I will shoot it very often because I will be hoarding my Yugo ammo ;-)

You might also want to check out the fun AK toys over at http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storecategory94.aspx To me, the whole appeal of the AK is that they (at least used to be) cheap, kind of like, "the rifle of the people". $800.00 is not cheap to me and with the questionable ammo situation, I don't know if it is the wisest buy.

For your budget, you could also buy a nice M1 from the CMP. Similar ammo situation though, hardly any affordable non-magnetic 30-06 out there. Time to take up reloading. That would be the best option for either an AK or an M1.

Dan