Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 10-26-2017, 5:23 PM
machrono's Avatar
machrono machrono is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 609
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Bumpfire legislation defeated in IL today:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1392269

"...opponents, including Rep. Jerry Costello, a Democrat from Downstate Smithton, called the bill too far-reaching because it would ban any modification that accelerates the rate of fire — such as changing a spring or replacing a trigger. “I don’t view this as a bump stock ban, I view this as a ban on 40 to 50 percent of the guns in the state,” Costello said. Costello said the legislation would turn people who modify firearms to compete in shooting competitions into lawbreakers. Most lawmakers agreed with his side of the argument, rejecting the proposal by a 48-54 vote.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 10-27-2017, 9:06 AM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,538
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
Absolutely that would be 100% a fight to stand for. But we need to be the adults in the room capable of explaining to the uniformed law makers--- including Republicans who know nothing about firearms, where to draw lines and distinctions AND then get the wording in the law correct if the intention of a law/regulation is actually to be about the spirit of the law behind the NFA. Aftermarket triggers are also devices, however with legitimate uses which for the most part are about accuracy and not rate of fire. We need to explain to our Republican and Democrat congressmen who still want "A" NRA ratings what that means.
Folks who would ban gun parts dont get a 2A "A" rating. Folks who support and advance the spirit of the NFA dont get an A rating either.

Fear of bumpstocks is immature.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 10-27-2017, 4:01 PM
pacrat pacrat is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 5,266
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default Cop Unions betray 2A [as usual]

http://www.presstelegram.com/2017/10...s-boost-trust/

Please read the article and take note of all the Leftist Propaganda Anti 2A Catch Phrases used by duplicitous LE Union reps.

Will this lead to another big salary/pension bump from their political masters?
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 10-27-2017, 5:10 PM
gogohopper's Avatar
gogohopper gogohopper is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Idaho now - THANK GOD
Posts: 5,339
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
http://www.presstelegram.com/2017/10...s-boost-trust/

Please read the article and take note of all the Leftist Propaganda Anti 2A Catch Phrases used by duplicitous LE Union reps.

Will this lead to another big salary/pension bump from their political masters?
LOL, the 49'ers jumping on the "save the children" bandwagon to save face in the wake of the kneeling crap going on.

Come on Paccy, you know the unions in no way, ever, never -ever, cross my heart, represent any leo, for any reason. They just arbitrarily act on their own. Or at least that's what we keep getting told every time they pull crap like this
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webologist View Post
I am in a sympathy-free zone as well. A leftist brown shirt reaping what he sowed after profiting from it is sweet justice indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 10-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Lex Talionis's Avatar
Lex Talionis Lex Talionis is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 455
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by major burnout View Post
Folks who would ban gun parts dont get a 2A "A" rating. Folks who support and advance the spirit of the NFA dont get an A rating either.

Fear of bumpstocks is immature.
That is a strawman. A better statement would be bumpstocks are immature. Show me any practical use for them other than a toy and then I might look at them differently.

I personally don't believe the NFA does anything to prevent criminal violence with firearms but it is the law and like it or not, the manufactures of these silly slidefire/bumpstocks created them to side step that law in a sense. Not technically, but practically. If the NFA needs to be repealed, then your argument and your fight should be there. If the NFA is repealed do you think anyone would still by a stupid bumpstock?

I never said anything needs to be banned, all I have ever said is that bumpfire stocks are stupid so I have no passion to defend them. And in another sense I am irritated that toy gimmick bumpstock manufacturers created this bag of crap in the first place for the rest of us to hold.
__________________


THE LAW OF RETALIATION
Leviticus 24:1921 "an eye for an eye" (עין תחת עין‬, ayin tachat ayin)

JURY NULLIFICATION - the best safeguard against the tyrannical abuses by a state next to the right to keep and bear arms
"The jury has the Right to judge both the law and the facts" - Samuel Chase, Supreme Court Justice and signer of the Declaration of Independence
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 10-27-2017, 10:31 PM
TMB 1's Avatar
TMB 1 TMB 1 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: 530
Posts: 5,194
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
Absolutely that would be 100% a fight to stand for. But we need to be the adults in the room capable of explaining to the uniformed law makers--- including Republicans who know nothing about firearms, where to draw lines and distinctions AND then get the wording in the law correct if the intention of a law/regulation is actually to be about the spirit of the law behind the NFA. Aftermarket triggers are also devices, however with legitimate uses which for the most part are about accuracy and not rate of fire. We need to explain to our Republican and Democrat congressmen who still want "A" NRA ratings what that means.
So you are for the 10 round mag limit? Do you think a 5 round limit would be better? No detachable mags maybe?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 10-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Lex Talionis's Avatar
Lex Talionis Lex Talionis is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 455
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB 1 View Post
So you are for the 10 round mag limit? Do you think a 5 round limit would be better? No detachable mags maybe?
This siege mentality thing where if somebody isn't going to be 100% passionate about a device (bump fire) that has ZERO practical or functioning advantage to a firearms performance-- or any tactical application in a combat situation needs to stop. Not everything you attach to a rifle is "sacred" in my book. Especially a device that is laughable in the first place, and certainly not the high water mark for defending our 2nd amendment rights.

If you want to repeal the NFA then lobby for that. Get that done and I am with you and then after that we can all go back to laughing at these ridiculous bumpfire toys like before.
__________________


THE LAW OF RETALIATION
Leviticus 24:1921 "an eye for an eye" (עין תחת עין‬, ayin tachat ayin)

JURY NULLIFICATION - the best safeguard against the tyrannical abuses by a state next to the right to keep and bear arms
"The jury has the Right to judge both the law and the facts" - Samuel Chase, Supreme Court Justice and signer of the Declaration of Independence
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 12-31-2017, 10:28 PM
SSGTSemperFI's Avatar
SSGTSemperFI SSGTSemperFI is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 41
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I know i'm reviving an old post here, but just go with it.

As I stated earlier on in this thread. I have no slide fire, bump fire, or any other name you'd like to give them, devices. I have no desire to own one. I practice judicious marksmanship, and a recoil-operated trigger assistance device of any description does not provide that.
No, it does not render a firearm inoperable, and the argument can be made that it's not protected under our constitution.

Take a step back from that though, and realize that the larger fight here is about regulation of law abiding citizens. It's already illegal to commit murder when not in self-defense or defense of those around you. EVERYTHING beyond that means nothing, because that base law was ignored. ANY tool, knife, pencil, poison, gun, fists, 2x4, vehicle, electricity, fork.... insert literally anything here, holds no bearing on the murder. It's a tool. If "x" tool isn't available, you move on to "y". If not "y", "z"... and so on.

To those that say that it's an ATF ruling issue, why are you not taking issue with that? Why are laws permitted that they can be interpreted in such a way that the decision maker can change the ruling based upon their personal views at will.

To those that are OK with regulations against these devices, why are you OK with regulation of your rights based upon something that you didn't do? When these tragic events happen, Nobody ever asks why the gun-free zone's didn't work, but before the brass hits the floor, laws are being drafted to punish law-abiding citizens for something they didn't do.

The "take what you can, give nothing back" mentality is what has created this hysteria. Laws are being written in such a way that they can be manipulated to over-reach once passed. They're written in such a way that they have much more impact than what face value holds. As others here have pointed out, at face value, the proposed law(s?) created an environment that took care of the immediate concern, slide fire stocks... but all of a sudden, "oh... that trigger-sear engagement modification that you did to lighten your trigger pull... yeah... that increases your rate of fire. That's illegal now.
Also that self loader, that increases your rate of fire over a bolt action. Illegal
That bolt action? Increases rate of fire over a single shot rifle. Illegal
That single shot increases over a muzzleloader. Illegal.
That muzzleloader? you need to make your own powder and projectiles when you want to fire it. Buying powder or projectiles is now illegal.

Overly dramatic? 100%.... but you can, in no way, deny that as we went back down the firearms technology tree right there that every single incremental step increased the time-between-shot split. It increased your rate of fire over what preceded it. What did it all do, however? it regulated law-abiding citizens because we are the ones that... wait for it... abide by the law (this is the part where you recoil and gasp in astonishment).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:58 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.