Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 09-27-2010, 9:17 AM
Banned

Default Acog TA11H-308 Review

I could not find any review of this scope before my purchase so here is my own review after taking it to the range. I mounted the Acog TA11H-308 on my LMT 308 and headed for the range.

After sighting in at 50yds I moved to 100 yds and fine tuned the rifle/scope alignment. Getting the scope dead on at 100yds I moved the body target out to 200yds. I then proceeded to hammer 50 rds into the body of the target after which I finished off with 5rds into the head. Then I had my buddy shoot 5rds into the head. I used a spotting scope in between to mentally mark the 1st 5rds I had shot to the head. The 5rd group I shot in the head (circled) measured 1.15". Not bad for a horseshoe-dot tritium scope. With the PWS brake I could watch my hits at 200 yds. Pretty awesome drilling the target and hitting it every time with ease.

Please note I was aiming at the red circle to see how much bullet drop I was getting at 200. I essentially put the scopes red dot on the targets red dot. The scope has hold over ticks that I will try at Angeles shooting range next weekend on steel out to 600yds.

Overall I am really happy with the scope and the optics are very clear. The optics clarity remind me of Zeiss binoculars.

One last point I need to mention. I inquired in several posts if this scope would be good for a shooter with Astigmatism and everyone said it would not and the scope was for "young eyes only". I guess the "no-go" advice is not true at least for this model of the Acog.

And finally I must mention Scott at Libertyoptics.com for his help with the purchase. I had numerous questions and Scott answered all of them. I placed the order and Scott shipped same day. He is a great guy and runs a great company in the awesome state of Montana.

Some pictures......

Its difficult to see but there is a red chevron post on top of the vertical reticle that can be used for precise aiming.
Also the horizontal lines at 4-5-6-7-800 yards are the width of a two legged target allowing easy ranging and holdover.

Last edited by problemchild; 09-27-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 3:51 PM
In Memoriam

Good shooting., With my glasses (prescription) I've never had luck with this scope. Good work.
Old 09-27-2010, 3:56 PM
Veteran Member

Very good! What loads were you using?

Check out my LMT .308 AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton View Post
I have to try that method of attaching the front of a sling to the gun via pubic hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomb_on_bus View Post
Best part of buying that stock is it comes with its own complimentary jar of anal lube! There were several flavors to choose from, regular, hot cinnamon, or bacon. Im a man of danger so I chose Hot cinnamon to use with my bump fire buttstock.
Old 09-27-2010, 4:48 PM
Veteran Member

Glad to hear you're happy with your purchase and the reticle is clear for you.
Old 09-28-2010, 2:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Very good! What loads were you using?
155GR SMK, 41.3 XBR, CCI-BR OAL 2.8, LC brass

Last edited by problemchild; 10-04-2010 at 7:13 PM..
Old 10-27-2010, 7:53 PM

Awesome write-up and feedback. Thanks for being a Liberty Optics customer.

Scott
Scott@LibertyOptics.com
406-827-6543
Scott's cell number: 406-291-8250