Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:34 PM

Got my grips in today, and installed!! Thanks Will! Great service!!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
Got mine today.

Looks sharp, was a tight fit. Rubber definately came in handy - tip to anyone reading this before install, fit the rubber on first, then the grip. The grip partially covers the nut and will hold the rubber in place over the sharp edge.

Only complaint- I'm going to add a paddle extended mag release, my index finger is about a third of an inch away from reaching.

Thanks for seeing this through Will, and shipping something cool.
Hey meanrock,

Thanks for the feedback!

We're aware of the mag release issue. I looked into reselling other people's extended mag releases, like Odinworks, Magpul, etc. Long story short, they're a minimum of $18. One of our goals is to make it easier to go featureless, and that includes cost, so we're going to make our own in-house extended mag release and undercut the rest of these guys. Look for that around April.

Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you describe to me how you've got the bands deployed, or maybe take a photo and either post it or email it to me? It sounds like you might be using them in a neat way that we didn't intend.

Last edited by resurgent_arms; 12-16-2017 at 10:52 PM..
Old 12-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalDefense View Post
Got my grips in today, and installed!! Thanks Will! Great service!!
That's awesome, glad you're happy with them! Open to any feedback you might have.
Old 12-17-2017, 7:47 AM
Veteran Member

Good stuff Will
Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgent_arms View Post
Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you describe to me how you've got the bands deployed, or maybe take a photo and either post it or email it to me? It sounds like you might be using them in a neat way that we didn't intend.
Attached some pictures. Debated getting the lower band to ride higher, but didn't like stretching it any more than that. I wanted an index point for my hand to hit, and no sharp edges. My index finger can follow the band on the side to the trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bands back view1.jpg (98.8 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg bands back view2.jpg (98.3 KB, 153 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 5:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
Attached some pictures. Debated getting the lower band to ride higher, but didn't like stretching it any more than that. I wanted an index point for my hand to hit, and no sharp edges. My index finger can follow the band on the side to the trigger.
Thanks for the photo! I'm going to use that photo as an instructional for our new instructions. This perfectly addresses the endplate issue.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:21 AM

Received mine the other day. Cool beans. Thank you for coming through. I'll be ordering more.

The text inside the grip is a great little added touch!
Old 12-23-2017, 6:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Awesome, glad you like it. Yeah, that was an idea we got from a customer -- it was too good not to do!
Old 12-26-2017, 6:53 PM

Hi, someone pointed out a problem with some of the compliance grips coming out now and I'm wondering if your grip deals with it.

On many lowers, the level the top of the grip sits against is very slightly lower than the level the trigger comes out of. So it's technically possible to get the web of your thumb below that line while still being able to pull the trigger.

I looked at the pictures on your site and I can't quite tell if you're accounting for this. If you were, then the part of your grip you wrap your thumb around would be 1 or 2 mm higher than the surface that mates with the receiver. Is it?

The picture on your 'how is this legal' page has the yellow line drawn slightly too low (see the gap between the line and the top of the exposed portion of the trigger?).

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2017, 3:48 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hi Aboof,

That's a great question.

We designed the grip to be a solid 1-2mm above the top of the trigger line. This was measured out in our CAD program.

Are you referring to using a "relaxed grip" and letting your hand droop down the side of the grip a little?

Thanks for giving me a heads up, that's a very unhelpful image in that 1) I drew the line poorly, and 2) it's a pre-pre-production 3d-print prototype. I went ahead and switched out the old image for this one:

That's a customer's AR, showing a proper fit. I also drew the line along the top of the receiver first, to make sure it was properly leveled, and then copy-pasted down onto the top of the trigger. So that should give an accurate straight-back-from-the-trigger line.

Hope that answers your question, and thanks again for bringing that to my attention.
Old 12-27-2017, 5:01 PM

Thanks!

No, I'm not talking about a relaxed grip. The way I read the reg and the DoJ testimony, I'm not worried about the aspect of it.

The new picture is helpful. It'd be more clear if it was straight-on and the line was a little thinner. But if the top of the backstrap is 1-2mm higher than the top of the surface that mates against the receiver, I think it's all good for the thing I'm worried about.
Old 01-23-2018, 4:24 PM

Default Resurgent arms beware

Just a heads up to Calgunners, I ordered 2 grips from Resurgent arms around the 1st of January, was informed that he was waiting on an order to come in by 2nd and then the 3rd week of January, I have tried to email him for updates and no response, He already debited my account for the items, I thought that a bit strange because most retailers do not debit your card if the item is backordered not usually until it is ready to ship. Anyways I decided to go another direction due to the delays, I have asked for a cancellation, no response, a refund, no response, He has no address on his site or even PO box which I read is actually unlawful for online retailers. In closing I do not like to torpedo other people especially if they are a small start up business, but in this case the lack of response from a guy who states on his website he responds to every email is a bit troubling. I just saw another reviewer today post a similar complaint on his site as well. Maybe someone knows what the deal is. All I know is at this point I'm out over 80 bucks and no grips????
Old 01-23-2018, 4:59 PM

I am troubled at this time as well, had a working relation ship with Will, actually got a proto type grip several months ago and later a prototype off-set new safety design and the new safeties were to be coming out before this. Have sent a few emails and no response, and I always got a reply. So something must be going on. What???
Old 01-24-2018, 2:29 PM

Just heard from Will, he is at the Shot show and explained that the very first modified safeties were good, but the production volume run were bad. He has gone to another vendor and said the safeties are in shipment. Did not ask about the outstanding grips. But, think he will expand on what is going on.
Old 01-24-2018, 6:25 PM

I just received an email saying the 2nd batch of grips is delayed until March.

I've already opened a case with Paypal for a refund.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:35 AM

Received this email today:
Hi,

Hope you're doing well.

I've got a short and overdue update.

The next batch of grips will be delayed until March. I am truly sorry for this. The best I can do is to explain why.

A handful of our early customers (about 4%) had severe fitment issues. We've isolated the problem: some lowers (mostly 80% lowers, but a few name brand ones) are out of spec in the grip attach and beavertail areas.

A 4% failure rate, in my judgment, is enough to warrant fixing the mold, so we can nip the problem in the bud and not have to worry about it going forward.

If you're currently waiting on a grip, I apologize. It kills me to delay grips this long, and I wouldn't do it unless I felt it was necessary. If that's dealbreaker for you, I understand. Let me know and we can get you refunded.

If you're okay to wait, I do appreciate it, and I can tell you that your grip, when it arrives, will be even better than the first. Consider it a version 1.1.

If you've got a mixed order with one or more grips and safeties on it, and you want the safety to ship separately ASAP, we're happy to do that at no extra shipping cost. Just respond to this email and let me know.

Again, I am sorry for the delay. We're a new company, and these are some growing pains, so I really do appreciate your patience and support.

As always, open to any feedback or questions. I may not respond to every email, but I do read each one.

Regards,
Will
Copyright 2018 Resurgent Arms, LLC, All rights reserved.
Old 01-30-2018, 4:23 PM

Has anyone had any luck getting a hold of them? I sent a multiple emails to see if they can ship the safety selector. I ordered the black version and it says it is In stock via website.
Old 01-30-2018, 4:41 PM

Not so far. He was the Shot show, so probably trying to catch up now.

Last edited by A1BigTuna; 01-30-2018 at 5:18 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 8:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality plumber View Post
Just a heads up to Calgunners, I ordered 2 grips from Resurgent arms around the 1st of January, was informed that he was waiting on an order to come in by 2nd and then the 3rd week of January, I have tried to email him for updates and no response, He already debited my account for the items, I thought that a bit strange because most retailers do not debit your card if the item is backordered not usually until it is ready to ship. Anyways I decided to go another direction due to the delays, I have asked for a cancellation, no response, a refund, no response, He has no address on his site or even PO box which I read is actually unlawful for online retailers. In closing I do not like to torpedo other people especially if they are a small start up business, but in this case the lack of response from a guy who states on his website he responds to every email is a bit troubling. I just saw another reviewer today post a similar complaint on his site as well. Maybe someone knows what the deal is. All I know is at this point I'm out over 80 bucks and no grips????
I'm in the same boat. Countless emails to him and even requested my money from PayPal no response.... I just want my money back. I actually had to email him asking about the status of my order and that's when he replied it won't be ready till March. He said if I can't wait that long he can,refund the money.. well I asked for it and still no response. Really upset with these guys
Old 01-31-2018, 9:13 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Give them a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer-toe View Post
I'm in the same boat. Countless emails to him and even requested my money from PayPal no response.... I just want my money back. I actually had to email him asking about the status of my order and that's when he replied it won't be ready till March. He said if I can't wait that long he can,refund the money.. well I asked for it and still no response. Really upset with these guys
I've spoken to Will a number of times, they are a legit company and have a good product. I'm sure you will get your refund if that is what you opted for.

Manufacturing is an involved process and there are often factors outside your control. They seem to be replying to emails and keeping people updated with what is going on via posts here so I'm not sure what else could be done. If there is a problem with a mold and you have to remake the mold then that is pretty much that.

Personally, when I order something that has not yet been manufactured, I typically expect there to be manufacturing delays. Nothing ever goes exactly as you planned it.

Everyone is just getting back from the trade show. It's not easy bringing a new product to market, especially a quality product.

Visit ARnovations.com and free your magazine today!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:16 AM

Hopefully he can respond to emails this week.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:32 AM

Has resurgent arms responded to anyone's email? I'm. About to open a dispute to PayPal.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:44 AM

I have heard from him a couple of days ago. He is trying to ship out grip and safeties, since he is waiting for shipments, he is splitting multiple item shipping, I have three safeties on order and he is planning to ship two and later one, and one more grip. He had a vendor issue and had to scramble to locate another one, here in the states. Don't know more than that.
Old 02-04-2018, 9:44 PM

It would be nice if he responded to our emails.
Old 02-05-2018, 1:46 PM

<---- I figured there would be delays and issues given a new product and company... and I'm being patient... but, I too have unanswered emails... I was hoping to hear back as I am interested in a 2nd grip and adding their selector to my order... but I haven't heard back either.
Old 02-07-2018, 6:13 PM

Due to the delay, I've also emailed Will regarding my order, and since it seems now that there is further delay, I wanted to modify my order.

I'm keeping patient, but if people stay pulling their money out from Resurgent Arms, it makes me worried about the financial state of the company.

Hoping March gets here with no more bumps in the road.

Crossing fingers

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 6:25 PM

I don't mind delays but I do mind the lack of communication. It's been close to two weeks since I've sent the first email regarding my order. I'm not sure if anyone else have unanswered email that have been waiting for an answer longer than I have been.
Old 02-08-2018, 8:39 AM

I am in the same situation, emailed several time. I rather try and get it resolved over email than have to try and get refunded over paypal.
Old 02-10-2018, 8:22 AM

I just recently got an email response from Will. Not an update or anything, just a response in regards to my order. Hopefully others are being their responses too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2018, 2:55 PM

Anyone else heard from resurgent?
Old 02-13-2018, 9:19 PM

I got my refund. I think its because I pushed the dispute through PayPal. I am very patient person as long as there is communication. I didn't know they had issue with manufacturing, I found these guys doing search and I like the produ t so I made the purchase. Their website didn't say anything about their being a delay and they had no problem taking my money. As time went by I didn't get a tracking or notification saying item was it was sent. So I had to email them first. Then I got a response later saying if will be delayed till March. Then I asked for my refund and didn't hear back for a while. I'm sure it's a solid product, but customer service was poor. I ended up going with sparrow dynamics and glad I did. I am the last person to knock a company but I thought I got ripped off and search everywhere about more info about these guys and found this thread. So it looked like they are alot of unhappy people put their
Old 02-13-2018, 9:20 PM

Sorry for crappy grammar using my phone
Old 02-14-2018, 11:57 AM

I just started my refund process through PayPal. I had high hopes for the product but their customer service sucks.