Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-13-2018, 6:31 PM
Ball Pimp 4 Border Collie
CGN Contributor

Default Malpractice kills 1,000 times more people than ARs!

F the doctors and their AMA

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...eath_in_the_us

What about the fact the CONSERVATIVE estimate of deaths caused by malpractice is 250,000 people in the USA per year?

Assault weapons about 250.

Yes, taking your kid to the doctor is much more dangerous than taking a walk at night in Stockton.
Old 06-13-2018, 7:32 PM

Forget malpractice, PG&E killed more people in California last year than ARs.
Old 06-13-2018, 7:36 PM
Veteran Member

That’s why the average cost for malpractice insurance is like 900,000 bucks a year.
Old 06-13-2018, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
Thatís why the average cost for malpractice insurance is like 900,000 bucks a year.

Donít give them any ideas, CA will start requiring us to have firearm liability insurance. (which is something we should consider having by choice not edict) Of course insurance companies use actuarial assumptions (ie historical statistical facts) to assess risk making firearm liability insurance policies premiums a tiny fraction of medical malpractice insurance. Hence gun owners are substantially safer than Physicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 8:56 PM

Between malpractice and prescription medication deaths more than 500,000 people every year die at the hands of the medical profession compared to the 12,000 by any firearm excluding suicides.
and
The pharmaceutical and Medical Industry spends more money lobbying Legislators than the NRA 90:1
Pharmaceutical Industry - $279,572,483
Hospitals/Nurses - $100,811,370
Health Professionals - $91,509,627
Healthcare Lobbying Total - $471,913,480
NRA - $5,300,000
Old 06-13-2018, 9:29 PM
CGN Contributor

And the AMA has the audacity to refer to gun deaths as a plague. The admitted number is 250,000 deaths. Some experts put the true number at over 600,000 people. That's the population of Cleveland. That's more people than anaheim.

Imagine if they showed that on TV. I was almost one of the dead. I had kaiser for insurance. With them it's your life or their bonus, and guess who wins in that equation?
Old 06-13-2018, 10:31 PM

The argument goes nowhere simply because not everyone owns an AR, but everyone does have their own doctor. Facts like this are outweighed by dependency and patient confidence.
Old 06-14-2018, 4:38 AM
CGN Contributor

50% of households own a gun, maybe not an AR but a gun. That means 170,000,000 people are exposed to guns everyday with no consequences. Very rarely do people get exposed to a doctor but when they do a rather large number of them don't fare too well.

Yes, these numbers aren't apples to apples. The numbers are biased in the doctors favor yet they still kill 1000 times more people than people with AR 15s.

If you look at all gun deaths, about 34,000, doctors still kill almost 10 times as many people per year.

Where is the outrage??
Old 06-14-2018, 4:43 AM

Just MRSA alone kills 99,000 people each year. That's due to unclean conditions in hospitals. We need to ban them . . .
Old 06-14-2018, 4:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Talking

BAN DER KOMMISSAR OBAMASSARKARE SUBCONTRACTORS!!!
Old 06-22-2018, 6:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbapug1 View Post
50% of households own a gun, maybe not an AR but a gun. That means 170,000,000 people are exposed to guns everyday with no consequences.
Likely 60%:
http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-con...er-260x367.png

It is a core strategy of the gun control movement, and uncritically abetted by the press, to assert methods known to be severe undercounts on all privacy related matters, are somehow not undercounts with the highly and increasingly confidential matter of owning firearms.

The benefits of asserting lower obvious undercount numbers are multiple, and compound with time.
1) in US politics: If you are not counted, you don't count.
2) By asserting lower numbers, this stigmatizes gun ownership as abnormal, insuring future polls and surveys show even more gun owners denying gun ownership.
3) Among gun owners, the most likely to see it as less or not confidential, and to answer, "yes, we have a firearm" would be older, rural males who see gun ownership as partially social due to social activities such as hunting, competitive shooting, living in places with lots of NRA stickers etc., Most likely to deny it due to higher privacy, would be younger people, women, more suburban and especially urban, persons living in places where an NRA sticker would get your car torched, and persons with firearms only for home/self defense. This gives the benefit to gun control advocates of not only arguing raw number is lower than it is, but of mischaracterizing the demographics within gun owners (especially if you can say they are rednecks who will soon die of old age).
4) people thinking themselves outler because they own guns will be less likely to lobby their members of congress or friends and family since they are afraid of being abnormal.

We know from peer reviewed studies compared to asking face to face vs telephone, vs direct vs indirect questions that there are huge consistent differences on say in the 1970's who has smoked dope, who has had homosexual thoughts, and anything or everything large numbers of people may consider private.

Face to face is the largest undercount on high privacy related questions. typically more than half of respondents will answer no when the answer is yes in face to face. Yet the general Social survey (GSS) which is face to face is held up as the "gold standard" number on gun ownership by the press. The peer reviewed science shows if GSS gets 31% the likely number of households with guns is 62% yet the 31% sticks.

Gallup gets more like 38-40%. and no surprise, the science says gallup type questions (phone interview with a recognized high brand awareness/trust polling company) are shown in the science to generate large under-counts, just not as much of an undercount as face to face.

When I learned to shoot my dad and my aunt (who was a cop) taught us firearms parts and terms, who they worked, safe handling and proper aim. But a decade later when I had to take a formal course for my carry licence we did all that with the additional -- and repeated instruction -- to never tell anyone there is a firearm in the home. My wifes NRA basic pistol also made a point of this. Nowhere considered in the numbers is also the issue of more and more people as part of their training being told to never say there is a gun in the home.

Everytime you hear a low number of gun owners asserted, simply say: "I would not tell a stranger if I had $1,000 in cash in the home either, we are instructed in safety training not to tell any one"

Last edited by GDC; 06-22-2018 at 6:28 AM..
Old 07-07-2018, 7:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Even though medical malpractice does exist it is justified by the number of people saved !
Too bad the gun grabbing dimwit MDs who favor victim disarmenement cannot apply the same standard for firearms!
Old 07-07-2018, 8:12 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassparman View Post
Just MRSA alone kills 99,000 people each year. That's due to unclean conditions in hospitals. We need to ban them . . .
This is why I have set a few dislocated joints.....
Old 07-07-2018, 8:16 PM
CGSSA Associate

80 million hunters in the US
Old 07-07-2018, 9:31 PM

between medical malpractice, liability insurance for lawyers, car insurance, and governmental liabilities for all the cases the governments lose across the country at all levels and you can see who controls what gets banned and doesn't. All of these industries create a great insurance industry. Force gun owners to carry liability insurance and the the insurance industry would make sure there is a gun in every house. think about it.