Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2011, 5:35 PM
Veteran Member

Default Questions you would like to ask Turners

Open to all for posting questions you would like answered.

Welcome Turners to Calguns,My question is when are you guys going to bring back 90 day lay-away? The 90 day lay-away made it possible for me to buy more exspensive firearms. Yes I know I can also save up but for some of us that is not a reality. Bob at Field Times in Westminster has 90 lay-away and I have for the record in the last year bought six firearms from him. He will match most advertised prices also. Only had him say no to one because it was on a discontinued model. Happened to be an add from you guys on a tiger camo shotgun.

I have been recently meandering into the Fountain valley store lately. I dont know where Mike has been ? Waiting to run into him so he can bore sight my Howa .308. I did a PPT not too long ago there and Neil made it pretty effortless. I also had one of the sales reps show me how a bore snake works. Yep didnt know never really thought about trying one. She did a great demonstration, Answered my questions. I wound up buying one that I need to return since you just put them on sale for 5 dollars cheaper! LOl just got it two days ago. So to me things are looking up. Bring back 90 day lay-away! If you did there would be a G17 with my name on it!

Last edited by Napalm Bulldog; 07-01-2011 at 11:45 PM..
Old 07-01-2011, 6:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Default Layaway Terms

This is another timely question; thanks for asking.

Prior to the sale of the company in 2005, we had offered a 60-day layaway, but most managers would work with you and more times than not it could be managed as a 90-day layaway.

However, prior to Gene L.'s return, it became a 30-day layaway for a number of reasons- all of which were related to the health of the company during that period.

Today, it stands as 30-day layaway with most managers able to work with you on stretching things out a bit.

As we change our retail systems here in the next couple of months, we'll take another look at things and see what we can do.

We appreciate your feedback; it'll help guide us through our rebuilding.
Old 07-01-2011, 7:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Any chance of featureless rifle sales of AK/AR's.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

We have been stocking some feature-less AK's but sales have been soft vs. AK's with various mag locks.

While we have not offered any featureless AR's, we may as we continue to expand our selection of cool guns.
Old 07-03-2011, 4:21 PM

Default AR lowers

AR stripped lowers?
CPR instructor
EMT-P
Old 07-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMedicMoose View Post
AR stripped lowers?
Ditto on these- we sold some just a few years back and there is discussion about doing these again in the very near future.
Old 07-11-2011, 4:37 PM

Quote:
AR stripped lowers?
So when can we look forward to stripped lowers being a stocked item? Really looking to get one, I don't want to be forced to go somewhere else?
CPR instructor
EMT-P
Old 07-11-2011, 5:19 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So when can we look forward to stripped lowers being a stocked item? Really looking to get one, I don't want to be forced to go somewhere else?
Our buyers are putting this together right now. I'll let you know when they have brand/model info, pricing and an ETA.

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 AM

Exclamation 2nd on those stripped OLL's

Quote:
AR stripped lowers?

Turner's loses out on a bunch of EZ sales for these. What if any apprehension is there to going this route by the organization?
Old 08-22-2011, 3:46 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCobraManTim View Post

Turner's loses out on a bunch of EZ sales for these. What if any apprehension is there to going this route by the organization?
We've had no qualms about carrying lowers; mostly it was just a matter of timing. In '08 & '09, the company was in little position to grow business; things looked pretty grim- supplies were tight and the company was in real trouble.

When ownership changed in mid-year '09, it took us a bit to get going on the fun stuff- i.e. bullet button, single-shot, etc.- Once we did, it took everything we had just to stay on top of moving complete rifles let alone doing uppers, stripped lowers, stocks and parts kits. The pace is still intense on complete guns.

And, as of this week, all stores will have Xtreme Machining stripped lowers (did someone say "Calguns Member's only special"? ) in stock this week with S&W and DPMS (5.56 and .308) to follow.

Parts kits, buffer tubes and furniture kits are in stock or arriving with more on the way.

We've come a long way from 2 years ago and with everyone's feedback, we'll keep it going.

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Default Outstanding news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post

And, as of this week, all stores will have Xtreme Machining stripped lowers (did someone say "Calguns Member's only special"? ) in stock this week with S&W and DPMS (5.56 and .308) to follow.

Parts kits, buffer tubes and furniture kits are in stock or arriving with more on the way.

We've come a long way from 2 years ago and with everyone's feedback, we'll keep it going.

Thanks - that is great news! I'd only ask that Turners consider offering a range of OLL's, as they can range from $90 to $200+ depending on who produces them. Can't wait to visit the SG Valley store and check out their selection. And I was unaware the store went through such an extensive corporate upheaval! Glad you survived the storm!.
Old 07-03-2011, 4:30 PM

I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.

Last edited by JoeinLA; 07-03-2011 at 4:33 PM..
Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinLA View Post
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.
While some of that wait is just a part of the sales and paperwork process, a lot of it is also dependent on our current retail system, which is being replaced in the next two months.

We are also getting our managers on track with training so that they can better manage things that take time and payroll away from the sales counter. And the new retail system should also help in that area as well so that more time can be spent on the sales counter instead of the office.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:

First off, welcome Turners! longtime shopper at your reseda location (3+ guns at that store alone).

I love turners prices and their selection as well as the fact that the people that work there are usually wonderful to deal with.
I do have to say that I do share much of the sentiment expressed previously regarding wait times. I wonder if even just having a single greeter/roamer type of person to answer super trivial questions about stuff would be helpful. I totally appreciate all of the factors that go into making this a challenge but I'm simply saying that it would be my first area of improvement. I recently opted to goto another less friendly store because I anticipated the wait time. That being said I will happily return because I do think your people are great.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 PM

Does Turners have an official policy and manager training in place regarding CA C&R FFL licenses and CADOJ COE holders. In briefly discussing with local sales at a store, they seemed adamant that no person could walk into the store buy a rifle or pistol 50 years old or older and leave. Of course, with these documents, in compliance with state and federal law, you can buy a C&R firearm and take it home the day of.

With the amazing selection of used and C&R firearms that appear instore, there should be more effort to provide better service to C&R, COE holders.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icypu View Post
Does Turners have an official policy and manager training in place regarding CA C&R FFL licenses and CADOJ COE holders. In briefly discussing with local sales at a store, they seemed adamant that no person could walk into the store buy a rifle or pistol 50 years old or older and leave. Of course, with these documents, in compliance with state and federal law, you can buy a C&R firearm and take it home the day of.

With the amazing selection of used and C&R firearms that appear instore, there should be more effort to provide better service to C&R, COE holders.
Please PM or e-mail me with information regarding a particular store with regards to this.

We sell curio firearms on a regular (at least a few times a week, usually) basis to folks with C&R/COE credentials, so please get back to me and we can work with our Store Sales/Management Director to address specific issues that you've run into.

Thank you.
Old 07-19-2011, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.
Old 07-20-2011, 8:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgee00 View Post
My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.
No offense taken; this is why we are here- to listen.

We are addressing all of these issues- PPT's problems, inconsistency or misinformation with regards to the firearm sales process, and the sheer amount of time it takes to do any transactions- on an ongoing basis.

We appreciate your honesty and we hope that you'll like the changes you see.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-20-2011, 8:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
No offense taken; this is why we are here- to listen.

We are addressing all of these issues- PPT's problems, inconsistency or misinformation with regards to the firearm sales process, and the sheer amount of time it takes to do any transactions- on an ongoing basis.

We appreciate your honesty and we hope that you'll like the changes you see.
Great response. I am glad there was no offense taken and I really hope you guys clean up your image with a lot of the folks I know and the others out there too.

I will give Turner's another shot and see how it goes. I have a few transfers to do today and definately on Sunday if not today. I hope to report good info back then.
Old 07-11-2011, 7:19 AM

I don't have a question, more of a suggestion/compliment. Sorry if I'm off topic a little.

I am another one who quit going to Turner's quite some time ago for the same reasons everyone else has stated. My last visit to a Turner's was the Corona store (old location) several years ago, at which point I had pretty much given up on you guys at that time.

However, I recently needed a PPT. The agreed place was Turner's in Corona. I was happy with doing a local (for me) PPT but was skeptical about using Turner's.

As it turned out, I was quite surprised. A complete 180deg turn from the last time I visited that location. It was kind of hard to believe I was in a Turner's, everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Way-to-go guys! You're on the right path, keep working in that direction and I'll keep coming back.
Old 07-11-2011, 3:27 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msteel View Post
I don't have a question, more of a suggestion/compliment. Sorry if I'm off topic a little.

I am another one who quit going to Turner's quite some time ago for the same reasons everyone else has stated. My last visit to a Turner's was the Corona store (old location) several years ago, at which point I had pretty much given up on you guys at that time.

However, I recently needed a PPT. The agreed place was Turner's in Corona. I was happy with doing a local (for me) PPT but was skeptical about using Turner's.

As it turned out, I was quite surprised. A complete 180deg turn from the last time I visited that location. It was kind of hard to believe I was in a Turner's, everyone was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Way-to-go guys! You're on the right path, keep working in that direction and I'll keep coming back.
Thank you for sharing that. We definitely have some things that we've go to work on and streamlining the PPT process and becoming more PPT-friendly is one of our priorities.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-11-2011, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Thank you for sharing that. We definitely have some things that we've go to work on and streamlining the PPT process and becoming more PPT-friendly is one of our priorities.
On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munk View Post
On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).
Over the last 20 years, we've moved up and down on FFL transfer prices for a number of reasons. As it has become increasingly interesting (and expensive) to do business in CA, our transfer fees have gone up.

Today, we've focused our firearm business on the sale of new/used/consigned guns in our retail stores. Conducting transfers for guns sold outside of our stores is not our primary focus but moreover conducting those transfers cost us as much as the guns that are sold in our stores but just without the benefit of us being the primary seller.

By the way, we charge reduced fees for some types of transfers (LEO, military, industry partners and industry media, amongst others) and we charge no fees for transfers of guns sold/raffled/won at NRA/CRPA/DU/CWA/RMEF/SCI, etc. dinners and events.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-11-2011, 6:26 PM

@Turners

Do any of your stores (More Specifically Pasadena) have 10/20 Magpul pmags in-stock? Preferably in FDE or BLK.
Old 07-13-2011, 9:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangankin View Post
@Turners

Do any of your stores (More Specifically Pasadena) have 10/20 Magpul pmags in-stock? Preferably in FDE or BLK.
PM sent; thanks!

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-13-2011, 9:45 AM

Do you have a requirement that PPT customers must buy a lock from you, or provide a lock with proof it was purchased in the last 30 days, in order to complete the transfer?

If so, what law requires this or is it simply a Turner's policy?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter View Post
Do you have a requirement that PPT customers must buy a lock from you, or provide a lock with proof it was purchased in the last 30 days, in order to complete the transfer?

If so, what law requires this or is it simply a Turner's policy?
CA requires that all firearms sold or transferred, including PPT's passing through a dealer, include or be accompanied by an approved firearm safety device. (12088.1.(a) )

There is an exemption for FSD's purchased within 30 days of the transfer date, provided that the device is presented to the dealer, a receipt dated within 30 days is also presented to the dealer and that the dealer verifies everything and retains a copy of that receipt. (12088.1. (e) (1-5)

There is also an exemption that allows the customer to sign an affidavit attesting to ownership of a gun safe. However, the Federal CSLA of 2005, does not acknowledge that affidavit with respect to handgun transfers. (Transfers of curio's are exempt from this requirement, though.)

Most but not all customers will opt to purchase a lock from us at the time of a handgun PPT as a convenient alternative to providing the lock and receipt purchased 30 days prior. On long gun PPT's, most customers own safes and are signing affidavits.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM

Why would you expect there to be a federal (the Federal CSLA of 2005) exemption to a state (12088.1.(a) ) requirement? If it's a state requirement, I don't understand your reasoning in not recognizing the state exemption regarding an affidaviti of ownership. Every other gun store where I have done PPT's does not follow your practice.

People who do PPT's also buy new guns, sometimes a lot of new guns. I tend to do business with those gun stores I am most familiar with, sometimes from prior PPTs.
Old 07-13-2011, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter View Post
Why would you expect there to be a federal (the Federal CSLA of 2005) exemption to a state (12088.1.(a) ) requirement? If it's a state requirement, I don't understand your reasoning in not recognizing the state exemption regarding an affidaviti of ownership. Every other gun store where I have done PPT's does not follow your practice.People who do PPT's also buy new guns, sometimes a lot of new guns. I tend to do business with those gun stores I am most familiar with, sometimes from prior PPTs.
Just put down you own a safe and move on! This is not a thread for arguments. He answered your question with what their policy is. Asked and answered!

Last edited by Napalm Bulldog; 07-14-2011 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-13-2011, 11:53 PM

Why doesn't Turner's sell the Ares defense RCU-22 carbine uppers for the Ruger MK series anymore?I finally talked myself into it and walked into the San Bernardino store cash in hand. The Employee said you discontinued it . Can I special order one? I'd also like to see the Advantage Arms Glock 22LR conversion kits in your stores. I can afford to shoot a heck of alot more of 22 compared to other calibers.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Ares-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkl Bang View Post
Why doesn't Turner's sell the Ares defense RCU-22 carbine uppers for the Ruger MK series anymore?I finally talked myself into it and walked into the San Bernardino store cash in hand. The Employee said you discontinued it . Can I special order one? I'd also like to see the Advantage Arms Glock 22LR conversion kits in your stores. I can afford to shoot a heck of alot more of 22 compared to other calibers.
Unkl Bang-

We only dropped them because they quit shipping product. In fact, we're not sure if Ares is going to continue forward with commercial business. BTW, contact the folks at San Bernardino and have them see if we have any RCU's left in any other Turner's locations. I know they are thinning out but there may be one or two left somewhere.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 AM

Probably dumb question but I'm in SLO county and unfamiliar with Turner's. Do you ship to other in state ffl's? I see alot of things I like in your weekly flyer but I'm assuming I would have to make two round trips to purchase any guns.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus75 View Post
Probably dumb question but I'm in SLO county and unfamiliar with Turner's. Do you ship to other in state ffl's? I see alot of things I like in your weekly flyer but I'm assuming I would have to make two round trips to purchase any guns.
Currently, we can work out payment with you and we'll ship to your local FFL. In a few months, we'll be embarking on our online store and we'll ship everywhere with a little less manual process than the way we do it today.

E-mail us when you see something you'll like and we'll get it done.

Thanks.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 07-14-2011, 4:03 PM

Not really a question but a suggestion. As mentioned before about the wait time. I have had a number of times where I saw the ad and knew what I wanted before going in. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes to just pick up my shotgun because I was waiting. Anyways a quick access line would be nice for like picking up guns, getting ammo from behind the counter or stuff like that, just for people that only need help for like a few minutes.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damzk View Post
Not really a question but a suggestion. As mentioned before about the wait time. I have had a number of times where I saw the ad and knew what I wanted before going in. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes to just pick up my shotgun because I was waiting. Anyways a quick access line would be nice for like picking up guns, getting ammo from behind the counter or stuff like that, just for people that only need help for like a few minutes.
That's not a bad idea. We hope to cut all wait times- initial sale and pick-ups- drastically as we roll out our new system. Some of our stores have used numbering systems, but with mixed success. It does cut down on the confusion of who's next, but it can make customers feel rushed.

As the new system goes online, we'll take a look at ideas like yours and see what works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 09-30-2012, 9:06 PM
Banned

Default Wait Time

Quote:
That's not a bad idea. We hope to cut all wait times- initial sale and pick-ups- drastically as we roll out our new system. Some of our stores have used numbering systems, but with mixed success. It does cut down on the confusion of who's next, but it can make customers feel rushed.

As the new system goes online, we'll take a look at ideas like yours and see what works. Thanks for the suggestion.
I went to Turners for the first time here in San Diego and it was a little hectic for a few minutes. I knew what I wanted and couldnt wait to get done with my DROS and leave..Most of the annoyance stemmed from 'knowitall" gunners just in there to get out the house and away from their wives. One guy asked to see damn near every AR on the wall..another was yapping nonstop about what guns he already had...others were in there just ready to buy and gtfo of there. I could tell the guys behind the counter have developed a thick skin because I wouldnt have the patience.The weekly sales make it worth the hassle
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Calguns Addict

When was the last time you showed the Cali compliant P22 Military green in your system? Sku# CAP22007
Old 07-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
When was the last time you showed the Cali compliant P22 Military green in your system? Sku# CAP22007
We've ordered this 3.4" model on a special order basis recently, but we don't regularly stock it. Any of our stores can order this for you.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 07-15-2011 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
We've ordered this 3.4" model on a special order basis recently, but we don't regularly stock it. Any of our stores can order this for you.
What price do you sell it for? And on the special order you reference, did you actually got one in or is it on backorder?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_this View Post
What price do you sell it for? And on the special order you reference, did you actually got one in or is it on backorder?
PM sent; thanks.

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad