Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-21-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
Then we'll have to agree to disagree, IMO using a trigger finger to release the retention of a holster is a bad idea and asking for trouble.
Have to agree here. Several schools will not allow their students to use those holsters because of too many mishaps. I agree that it is the person and not the holster but it is the same reason why many police departments have their officers carry their stun gun on the opposite of their belt from their duty gun. Both on the same side could be a problem. Yes they train, but having them separated reduces the chances of an error. Using a holster that does not need you to use your finger to release the weapon reduces the chances of ND and if one were to happen it is obviously not the holsters fault.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 PM

I carry a g23 (chambered)
Yes the first couple weeks I was scared of a discharged but I got over the first time carry cold feet. The fact is use a holster with a trigger guard and keep your finger off the trigger and you will have no problems. I do not recommend an unchambered firearm for self-defense
Old 06-23-2013, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
Carry a glock 26 every day. That every day has only been for about 2 months now though

I literally have 0% fear of carrying round chambered. Glocks have internal safety's so there is NO WAY it is going off without my finger or something being inside the trigger guard. My holster covers the trigger guard of course so no worries.

At first I was hesitant, but I started carrying cond1 around my house before I actually got my permit and that helped. It really just is a training issue. When you draw the weapon I put my finger on the ejector, when im on target it goes into the trigger guard. Practice at home drawing from your holster, dry firing, and re holstering. It will get easier!
How do you put your finger on the "ejector" on a Glock?
Old 06-23-2013, 7:14 PM

If you don't feel safe carrying. I recommend to practice more. That's why it's called negligent discharge and not accidental discharge . Been carrying for about 2 years.
Old 06-24-2013, 6:59 PM

G19 and G36 3 years no prob. I can't find any stories on Glocks firing without the operators finger on the trigger.
Why is always a instructor that spreads this crap?
Old 06-24-2013, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentbig View Post
G19 and G36 3 years no prob. I can't find any stories on Glocks firing without the operators finger on the trigger.
Why is always a instructor that spreads this crap?
Do you use the same holster for both, g36 and g19? I was thinking about buying a 36.. Was curious if they share holsters(safely)
Old 06-24-2013, 7:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperP2005 View Post
Do you use the same holster for both, g36 and g19? I was thinking about buying a 36.. Was curious if they share holsters(safely)

They may fit a sloppy universal type holster, not a fitted one.
Old 06-24-2013, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
They may fit a sloppy universal type holster, not a fitted one.
Cool, thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 8:31 PM

I carry a G23. Have tried lots of holsters and by far my favorite is the Galco King-Tuk. Supports the gun really well with a good belt and very comfortable and decent to draw and holster.
Old 06-30-2013, 6:53 AM

been carrying a g19 for months now. great choice
Old 06-30-2013, 7:20 AM
Veteran Member

Its more about the carrying device. The soft materials like cotton and many leathers out there especially over time can be pressed enough together tjat it pushes trigger. Exactly like that photos above.
Quality holsters problem solved. Besides the obvious. .trigger finger cleared until target bracket ed.

Use a crossbreed micro tuck. Superb holster for my lc9, which I never have safety on.

Also have a desantis pocket for a short time carry for a jframe airweight. That holster can be dangerous as it does not have as much rigidness ...knowing is half the battle.