Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2017, 5:55 PM

Default Sly Park/Bonetti Clean up?

Im moving to placerville next week. Ive heard the Bonetti shooting area in Sly Park is pretty trashed and my question is, for those who go up there regularly, is it still that way? If so I plan on cleaning it up. Got some time off, as a retired USMC vet.. so Ill be bringing some trash bags and taking care of business on Wednesday 8/2/17. Will be in a maroon Jeep Wrangler if you see me, say hello. I dont have a trailer, so Ill just be making piles of the larger stuff and trucking out as many trash bags as I can, and repeating this weekly until things get better.

If Bonetti is cleaned up, let me know of any other area up in Sly Park that needs attention. Ive been going up there for years, but I have always gone to my own private spot that is a longer drive into the hills than the known shooting spots up there, so its my plan to get to know a closer area that I can visit more often.

Thanks for your help in guiding me to the right place to clean up, and if anyone wants to help.. Ill meet you up there. Probably going to get there around 9-10am or so.
Old 08-10-2017, 9:28 AM

Going back out again this coming Wednesday for anyone interested. PM me.
Old 08-23-2017, 2:17 PM

Still needs a lot of clean up there. The more we clean the more trash gets left. I was up there last week. Took out about 5 shot up monitors and a lot of shotgun hulls. People suck when they leave it a mess... I go up there in a redish Vibe. I will not be out there for a while (deer season). But maybe I can sneak in a few range trips before my little girl is born.
Thank you for the effort you are making up there.

Joe
Old 08-23-2017, 8:35 PM

I'll be out there this weekend doing some cleanup.