Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2016, 5:13 PM

Default Gun storage/range near East bay Newbie to Calguns

Hows it going! Im new to calguns. Moving from the great Northwest down to the east bay area for a graduate program next year. I was born outside of sacramento and have extended family in the bay area. Hopefully I will only be there for a couple years for the program and come back up here. Just a few questions as I prepare for the move related to firearms. Im trying to do everything as legal and above board as possible.

Im most likely going to have to stay in their single apartment housing provided by the school. Its a public university and even though I would be by myself in an apartment for graduate and doctoral students only, it would be considered student housing and all firearms are banned completely. Not as in a suggestion but as in I would be committing a crime. Im wondering if anyone knows of a range in the east bay area where I can store a couple handguns and couple rifles as I look for nonstudent housing. I heard of reeds but its only for handguns and pretty far by san jose. I wish the richmond range or chabot had lockers but it does not appear so. I do plan on joining a range so not having to pay two different places would be awesome. I really rather not get involved with storage places because theyre expensive since I only need a small space and relatively unsafe. Also I dont want to get my extended family involved since were not that close.

Sad that all of this is even a question. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also I guess I need to install this new armaglock too on a 556 rifle since ill be arriving past the deadline. I dont need to install it on a rimfire rifle right?

As I was researching this topic I found a very interesting UCLA law review article about the topic of firearms and student housing. Definitely give it a read. Talks a bunch about heller and its implications for possible future cases.

Thanks yall!
Old 07-09-2016, 6:41 AM

Welcome.
Well Chabot is going to be closed down at the end of the year, so that is out either way. San leandro might be an option. I don't think they have or rent lockers but check.
Best of luck.
Old 07-13-2016, 8:05 PM

http://www.reedsindoorrange.com/range.html

Reeds does for $30/month. Im almost 100% sure San Leandro doesnt offer any storage
Old 08-10-2016, 9:00 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatac2sac View Post
Hows it going! Im new to calguns. Moving from the great Northwest down to the east bay area for a graduate program next year. I was born outside of sacramento and have extended family in the bay area. Hopefully I will only be there for a couple years for the program and come back up here. Just a few questions as I prepare for the move related to firearms. Im trying to do everything as legal and above board as possible.

Im most likely going to have to stay in their single apartment housing provided by the school. Its a public university and even though I would be by myself in an apartment for graduate and doctoral students only, it would be considered student housing and all firearms are banned completely. Not as in a suggestion but as in I would be committing a crime. Im wondering if anyone knows of a range in the east bay area where I can store a couple handguns and couple rifles as I look for nonstudent housing. I heard of reeds but its only for handguns and pretty far by san jose. I wish the richmond range or chabot had lockers but it does not appear so. I do plan on joining a range so not having to pay two different places would be awesome. I really rather not get involved with storage places because theyre expensive since I only need a small space and relatively unsafe. Also I dont want to get my extended family involved since were not that close.

Sad that all of this is even a question. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also I guess I need to install this new armaglock too on a 556 rifle since ill be arriving past the deadline. I dont need to install it on a rimfire rifle right?

As I was researching this topic I found a very interesting UCLA law review article about the topic of firearms and student housing. Definitely give it a read. Talks a bunch about heller and its implications for possible future cases.

Thanks yall!
Note the lockers at Reeds are small, it will not fit a rifle. I have a locker with couple of pistols and ammo, as I shoot over there quite often. How about keeping your stuff in at a safe deposit box?

Last edited by cire raeb; 08-10-2016 at 9:02 PM..