Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:04 AM

Default Appendix holsters for glock & sig?

Hey all, considering purchasing two G-Code incog eclipse holsters for the firearms that are going on my license this month. Does anybody have first hand experience with this holster? The firearms are glock 19/26 and a Sig mk25.
How well does the holster work in appendix position?
Also is there any noticeable difference between the standard mojo and super mojo option of the holster?

I am 5’9, and about 175 +\- pounds

Also if anyone has any holster suggestions for the Mk25 im all ears.
(Suggestions can be for any carry position)

Side note, is there anything on the market similar to a raven concealment vanguard trigger guard for the mk25? There are times where I am unable to have firearm on my person but can have a bag such as a fanny pack or back pack with a firearm in it.

Thank you
Old 01-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

I have an Incog w/Super Mojo for my XDs and a JM Custom AIWB-WC holster for both my 4" M&P and 5" 1911. The Incog is a decent holster but I prefer the JMC. I think it does a better job of concealing...especially for larger guns.

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-01-2018, 4:21 PM

@L84CABO
I may order one tonight for the MK25
is there anything about the holster you wish was different?
I'd like to try out the holster as follows: black color, right carry side, 1.5 belt loops, mid guard, and no light.
Question:
do you have the "extra tuck? and or either a sponge pad or sponge wedge added?
if you do, are they worth the extra $ ?
Old 01-01-2018, 5:02 PM

The wedge makes the holster comfy. It also tilts the gun into you to help reduce printing.
Old 01-01-2018, 9:11 PM

Take a look at the Bravo Concealment Torsion as well. You can add an aftermarket foam wedge to it.
Old 01-01-2018, 9:41 PM

Bravo does not seem to have a holster option for the MK25
Old 01-01-2018, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLA View Post
@L84CABO
I may order one tonight for the MK25
is there anything about the holster you wish was different?
I'd like to try out the holster as follows: black color, right carry side, 1.5 belt loops, mid guard, and no light.
Question:
do you have the "extra tuck? and or either a sponge pad or sponge wedge added?
if you do, are they worth the extra $ ?
You may also find this useful...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1246281

I seriously love this holster and there isn't really anything I'd change on it. I ordered it with both the solid belt loops and the "pull the dot" soft loops. The soft loops are the way to go in my opinion. Easy on/easy off without having to thread the belt each time. They're strong enough to keep the holster from coming out but allow just a bit of fine adjusting...which I like when carrying appendix. And you can always just use one soft loop instead of two (some people like this as it allows the holster to adjust with you more when you sit and stand).

I did not go with the extra tuck. I opted for the neoprene wedge as I liked the idea of being able to add and remove it as needed. And you can also cut it down as needed so it gives you a lot more options for adjustments. But so far I haven't really used the wedge. The wing an claw keep the butt of the gun tucked in very nicely so I haven't needed anything else. However, every once in awhile I'll get just a slight amount of rubbing with the holster. It doesn't happen a lot and it hasn't bothered me enough to throw the wedge on there (adding the wedge...or a "pad" would stop it). But overall, I figured for the cost it was worth getting the wedge and not a big deal if I didn't use it. It's nice to have options and have the velcro there already.

I also opted for the full sweat guard and am pretty happy with that choice. The full guard doesn't get in my way at all and I certainly don't get any poking from the gun. This is probably a bigger issue with my 1911 as it's got the frame mounted safety that could rub. My logic, however, was that I could always trim down the sweat guard on my own if need be. You can't add more sweat guard if you need it.

Color is a personal thing. I ordered one holster in green and one in black. I think I like the green better...but I have a ton of black stuff and I'm just kinda bored with it. I actually thought the orange would be kinda cool but it's obviously a little bright.

Oh, and I also had my M&P holster cut for an RMR. I typically carry my M&P 45 but I've also got a 9mm CORE w/RMR. I was ecstatic to find that the holster fits both guns.

Fighter Pilot

Last edited by L84CABO; 01-01-2018 at 11:16 PM..
Old 01-02-2018, 1:56 AM

I have an original model INCOG w/ sidecar for my G19 and although I do not have a P226/MK 25 as you asked about. I do own a Sig M11-A1 that rides in a JM Custom Kydex Wing 2.5. The JMCK has the wide belt loop hole placement, pull the dot loops and wedge. I like the JMCK more than the INCOG because it does a wonderful job of concealing my M11-A1 and is very comfortable.

The INCOG is much easier to take on and off but the butt tends to stick out a little due to the lack of a wing and the entire HG seems to push out because it lacks the wedge like the JMCK. I was thinking of taking a wing off another holster I don't use and install it and a wedge on my INCOG. Don't read me wrong, the INCOG is a fine holster in it's own right but it is not perfect.

If I could change anything on my JMCK it would be to have ordered a single clip rather than pull the dot loops as it takes longer to take on and off than the INCOG.

If I had to do it all over again and buy a new holster for my G19. Knowing what I know now I would have bought it a JMCK.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 AM

I called JM Kydex today and plan on putting my order in ASAP.
I'm going to order one holster for the MK25 and if I like it I will be purchasing for for a glock 19/26 and possibly a 1911. With that said
there are 3 versions of the wing claw holster, which one do you guys have or would you recommend ?
wing claw, wing claw 2.0, or the wing claw 2.5?
I like the idea of having the ability to put on and remove the holster some what quickly, I enter sterile environments pretty often.

What belt do you suggest going with for everyday usage?

also if body type info is needed
im 5'9, about 175 pounds with a 35 +/- waist size

thanks guys!

Last edited by ShredLA; 01-04-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Old 01-02-2018, 11:16 AM

I had the same question when I was looking for the differencea between the versions. So I emailed the company will my body type and needs in a holster and John M replied back in less than an hour with his personal recommendations. I went with his recommendation of a Wing claw 2.5, wedge and wide pull the he dot loops. I recommend you email him and ask his advice.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:47 AM

Thank you guys, I went with what Mac Attack suggested and called JM again.. the Gentleman that answered gave me the rundown and suggested getting the wing claw 2.5 (which is also the least expensive of the three)

I ended up ordering a wing claw 2.5 for the MK25 as well as for the Glocks.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

What belt do you suggest going with for everyday usage?
Note that there are few fairly large belt threads out there that you can probably find with the search function. Check this board and the "Firearms Accessories" board.

Here is one of them...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...highlight=belt

My favorite EDC belt is the Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced...
http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?ma...x&cPath=99_108

The pluses are...

Made from Scuba webbing so it's super rigid. It will easily support any EDC load you have but also a full range load out.

It won't stretch like some leather belts can

It's infinitely and easily adjustable because of the buckle design. With leather belts I always find myself wishing the holes were in a slightly different position.

It's low key and looks good in any casual setting.

Doesn't scream "shoot me first" like some of the more tactical belts with cobra buckles do. And don't get me wrong...I love me a good cobra buckle but they're kinda a pain for every day use because of the next point...

It's super easy to thread through belt loops which isn't always the case with some cobra buckles.

The Cons Are

It's super rigid. Some people find super rigid belts uncomfortable. YMMV

It's not cheap. But it's very high quality and will easily last you for 5 years. I've been wearing mine daily for three years and the thing still looks brand new. But on a positive note, it looks like they've actually lowered the price since I bought mine. I paid $120 for mine and they're listed at $99 right now for the standard colors.

The buckle is a tad bit on the larger side. I've never found this to be a problem but it's probably not the right belt if you ever intended to carry a "side car" type holster directly at your center line.

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-03-2018, 2:59 AM

I have tried many different style of belts over the years from off the rack leather, custom leather, rigging belts, instructor belts and even some belts made of space age materials (Liger).

They all have their plus and minuses - leather is very stable fo heavy loads and contours to your body but if you gain too much weight you have to get a new belt. Wilderness Instructor and Rigger belts allow for infinite on the fly adjustment but are not as durable as leather and do not look good in the office. The synthetic belts are cool but like leather belts, that do not grow with you as you grow (fat ).

When the leather shrunk on my two Milt Sparks leather belts that I had owned for 10+ years (read that as I gained a bunch of weight) I went looking for a new belt. One belt that I constantly saw recommended was the Core or Trackline belt so I figured I would give one a try.

The Core offers the best of both worlds and has the good looks of leather, strength of a reenforced synthetic belt and the infinite adjustability of an Instructors belt. It is sturdy enough to support the weight of my moderate EDC G19, spare mag, knife, phone, wallet and keys and looks right at home in the office or on the weekend in khakis. I liked the first one so much that I bought a second one 6 months later and would buy another if they had more than 2 colors. I would not hesitate to recommend a Core Trackline belt.

Last edited by Mac Attack; 01-03-2018 at 3:09 AM..
Old 01-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hey all, considering purchasing two G-Code incog eclipse holsters for the firearms that are going on my license this month. Does anybody have first hand experience with this holster? The firearms are glock 19/26 and a Sig mk25.
How well does the holster work in appendix position?
Also is there any noticeable difference between the standard mojo and super mojo option of the holster?

I am 5’9, and about 175 +\- pounds

Side note, is there anything on the market similar to a raven concealment vanguard trigger guard for the mk25? There are times where I am unable to have firearm on my person but can have a bag such as a fanny pack or back pack with a firearm in it.

Thank you
There are specially designed fanny packs that are fast to use, and a better choice as they also accommodate extra ammo. Same for backpacks although that is seldom a fast option.

Teh G-code is OK, better than some not as good as a lot of others. However why buy two at one time, they aren't going away. Buy one, see if you like it, it if works for you, then spend the money.

If your in OC or going to be at the OC Gun show, bring your gun either to the store or the gun show and try on a holster before you buy.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:45 AM

Precision Holsters out of Placerville, CA

Low profile and comfortable, and they just came out with an Appendix specific version. Although the Ultra Carry IWB also works perfectly for appendix carry, and you can customize to any degree....combat cut, leather type, kydex material, colored rivets, etc.
Old 01-07-2018, 2:33 PM
Veteran Member

OP if your in Orange County you can stop by our location and try on some product with your gun. Or if your going to be at the OC or Ontario gun shows at the end of the month stop by and see us. Bring your guns to try out holsters.
Old 01-11-2018, 7:17 AM

This thread made me itchy for a new holster. Since the INCOG I was using for my G19 would no longer work since I am having a RMR installed I decided to order a JMCK AIWB Wing for it. Well I placed my order last Saturday afternoon for a Wing 2.5, 1.5" pull-the-dot loops, wide spaced, mid sweat shield, RMR cut with a wedge. The last time I placed an order the website said it was a 4 to 5 week wait and that's about how long it took. When I placed my order this time it said the wait was 5 to 8 weeks which is fine because it's going to take that long to have my slide milled and RMR installed. You could imagine the surprise I received hlthia morning when I noticed an email from JMCK telling me that my holster was being shipped. That's less than 5 business days which kicks ***!
Old 01-11-2018, 8:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
This thread made me itchy for a new holster. Since the INCOG I was using for my G19 would no longer work since I am having a RMR installed I decided to order a JMCK AIWB Wing for it. Well I placed my order last Saturday afternoon for a Wing 2.5, 1.5" pull-the-dot loops, wide spaced, mid sweat shield, RMR cut with a wedge. The last time I placed an order the website said it was a 4 to 5 week wait and that's about how long it took. When I placed my order this time it said the wait was 5 to 8 weeks which is fine because it's going to take that long to have my slide milled and RMR installed. You could imagine the surprise I received hlthia morning when I noticed an email from JMCK telling me that my holster was being shipped. That's less than 5 business days which kicks ***!
Nice!!

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-11-2018, 12:30 PM

Ditto on the new holster thing.

I just ordered a JMCK Appendix v1 wing and angled mag holder for my M&P 45 M2.0. If I like it, I will get one for my Valor Commander.
Old 01-11-2018, 9:29 PM

Mac Attack, AMAZING!
I believe I receive my holsters tomorrow... i will definitely post the pictures of the holsters by themselves as well as with the pistols in them. Ill try to take pictures of them used in the appendix position as well. Maybe that will help the next person who like me does not have a gym body and is looking for an appendix carry holster but is unsure about how it will look/fit.
Old 01-12-2018, 7:52 AM

Best G19 appendix carry holster, personally, is by Phlster. Check out their instagram. I like the "i-dot" soft loops attachment personally as it will stay put in your belt unless it's pulled out in 1 particular way.

This is their recent addition holster "Phlster Spotlight" accomodates Surefire X300
http://www.recoilweb.com/spotlight-o...ht-130454.html

If you think flashlight is overkill, go with Phlster Classic.

Last edited by Yohl; 01-12-2018 at 7:57 AM..
Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
For my sig p226/mk25, I use a cheapy deapy elite IWB BCH-5 for appendix carry: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great with my Uncle Mike's belt: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for an extra mag, I have an IWB mag pouch from clearwater tactical (now apparently neptune concealment): http://neptuneconcealment.com/produc...h-single-clip/

For my glock 19, I liked the raven vanguard 2 so much I bought one for my son too: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, using the same uncle mike's belt, and a similar custom IWB mag pouch.

Both the weapons carry well in appendix with those rigs, and don't print much at all. I'm about 195lbs./6', with a bit of a belly, but haven't had any real comfort problems with either setup.

My current preference is the p226, mostly because I prefer having a hammer to place my thumb on during reholsters (the raven vanguard 2 is never reholstered in place, you pull it out and attach it before putting it back on).