Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 10:23 PM

Default "Free" Door To Door Carpet Cleaning???(Humboldt County)

Anyone heard of cleaning companies going door to door to do free carpet cleanings? I had a guy with long hair and a beard knock on your door for a "free" carpet cleaning to "promote their business?" Guy looked pretty shady had to tell him i didn't want it 4 times, then he said that if the people dont want it cleaned they do some stain resistant stuff to the carpet. It finally took me telling the guy no another 3 times and my dog sticking his head out the door barking at him for him to get the point. Then he asks for the flyer back that he handed me. But as I was talking to him in the doorway I saw him try to look around the room. He didnt have a vehicle with him, and when he walked down the road he was on his cell phone and walked right past the houses next to me. Kinda weird....I called the sherriff's office they said they had a call about 2 hours before me with the same description and they have deputies keeping an eye open. Then a friend of mine said that a woman came to their house and there was a guy sitting in a old astro van. I'm assuming their casing houses. Because who tries to promote their business on Memorial Day Weekend when most people are out of town..
Old 05-27-2013, 2:44 PM
Tactical Mall Ninja
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

They're using that as a cover when someone answers the door. If no one answers, they're going to try and break in. And if they do get granted access, they're going to steal something.
Old 05-29-2013, 2:20 AM

They tried hitting me up about a month ago. I think they are a new company trying to drum up business. I didn't go for it but I did contact the sheriffs department and let them know.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:03 AM

It's a trap.