Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-01-2018, 11:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

40 cal wins over 9mm once again

Old 10-02-2018, 4:27 AM

tanks,

I was born in LA. I worked the Rodney King Riot in LA. I do not carry unless I can't avoid going into LA.

I am not paranoid. I'm darn good at ID'ing potential threats. I'll leave before I have to react to a threat. I don't want to die. I don't want to kill anyone. And I'm not paranoid. I do not fear of 99% Americans. I know no one's out to kill me.

You gotta be able to ID threats to make situational awareness viable. If you believe you have to be ready to kill everyone you meet, you're paranoid and delusional. You might want to explain your paranoia to your physician.

I don't like the thought of a person with a CCW prepared to kill my kids and me. It's Third World insanity, not First World reality.

I might not like your carrying a handgun, but I will defend your right to do so. Whether you plug grandpa because you might assume he's giving you the evil eye is a huge concern.

My advice to you is to stop reading Soldier of Fortune, and seek professional help. Living in paranoia will destroy ya. Even worse, a cop might interpret your behavior as threatening and prone you out on hot asphalt.
Old 10-02-2018, 6:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP3 View Post
tanks,

I was born in LA. I worked the Rodney King Riot in LA. I do not carry unless I can't avoid going into LA.

I am not paranoid. I'm darn good at ID'ing potential threats. I'll leave before I have to react to a threat. I don't want to die. I don't want to kill anyone. And I'm not paranoid. I do not fear of 99% Americans. I know no one's out to kill me.

You gotta be able to ID threats to make situational awareness viable. If you believe you have to be ready to kill everyone you meet, you're paranoid and delusional. You might want to explain your paranoia to your physician.

I don't like the thought of a person with a CCW prepared to kill my kids and me. It's Third World insanity, not First World reality.

I might not like your carrying a handgun, but I will defend your right to do so. Whether you plug grandpa because you might assume he's giving you the evil eye is a huge concern.

My advice to you is to stop reading Soldier of Fortune, and seek professional help. Living in paranoia will destroy ya. Even worse, a cop might interpret your behavior as threatening and prone you out on hot asphalt.
Ahem, where have I said I am ready to kill everyone I meet etc.. All I said was in addition to situational awareness one also needs to look at a firearm as another tool as due to circumstances beyond one's control situational awareness might not be enough.

Maybe, you should work on reading comprehension instead of making ad hominem arguments.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Koko,

Where did you come up with your list? A gun magazine? Is reads like a psychopath's guide for social existence.

Would you want a person to have a plan to kill your mother were he to meet her?

You might want to take a course in professional tactical firearms. If might save your life...and help you with your paranoia.
Quote:
Are you workin' off the delusion that warfare is analogous to civil society? Do you really believe that you should be prepared to kill everyone with whom you're in contact?

How long I've been on this forum is logical fallacy. Diversion from topic always is.
Quote:
tanks,

Whether you plug grandpa because you might assume he's giving you the evil eye is a huge concern.

EMP3:

Do you think you might be taking the posting of that idiot list of "Rules for a Gunfight" a bit too seriously? (If you hit that link, you will find that Google pulled up 2,090,000 links in 0.31 seconds.)

Over time in this forum, I've found that some folks post largely unrelated information as an attempt to lighten the discussion by introducing hyperbole into the flow. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

At any rate, it seems a bit over the top to continue to harangue folks that someone here wants to "plug grandpa", or a person with a CCW would want to "kill your kids and you," simply because someone posted a list of "rules" which have been dancing around the military and electronic message boards for over 30 years.

Best.
Old 10-03-2018, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
EMP3:

Do you think you might be taking the posting of that idiot list of "Rules for a Gunfight" a bit too seriously?
Take every threat upon your life seriously. If this paranoid schizophrenic is prepared to kill me yet he's never met me, a wise person would recognize him to be a very real threat.

There are lots of soldiers of fortune on these forums who live vicariously. Some, like those who believe we live in a Third World country, are probably feet from sanitarium.

I don't carry. I can. Anywhere I want. But I ain't paranoid. I know no one's out to flat line me. And I ain't out to flat line anyone. Now were I to wander into know hostile occupied territory (most of LA, Santa Ana, etc.) I'd probably carry.

I bought a brand new EMP 3 9MM to carry. I had it fine tuned by Springfield Armory. It runs better than an Omega Speedmaster (watch of Apollo astronauts). I've yet to carry it.
Old 10-03-2018, 8:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Take every threat upon your life seriously. If this paranoid schizophrenic is prepared to kill me yet he's never met me, a wise person would recognize him to be a very real threat.
A generic posting on an anonymous message board doesn't, for me, rise to the level of a direct threat upon my, or my family's, lives. If it does for you, so be it, but also be wary of labeling folks "paranoid schizophrenic" if you haven't met them and don't have a PhD.

Quote:
I bought a brand new EMP 3 9MM to carry. I had it fine tuned by Springfield Armory. It runs better than an Omega Speedmaster (watch of Apollo astronauts). I've yet to carry it.
Look at your EMP and tell me the time of day.....

Best.