Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Anybody doing Riverside sheriff hiring process?

Just curious as my brother and friend were both turned down after passing the physical tests and only told "due to background process, denied", but they could re-apply after a year. They didn't know anyone at the agency. Well the friend said he "decided not do it" but I think he did get turned down and didn't want to tell me that. Both of them have sparkling clean backgrounds and are just about a semester short of graduation from college (they work in security business). I was surprised to find out they were turned down. Anyone else from here moving forward?

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Let me see... clean background, but still denied... most likely you guys did not put everything down correctly or failed to mention something, bad credit, prior drug history, or too many traffic ticket.

You can always re-apply or try different department. RSO is great place to work in my opinion.

Last edited by BoJackUSMC; 01-26-2013 at 6:47 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

When I was at the orientation they hammered the fact that you should be truthful in every way.

I agree with Bojack. It seems that RSO is a pretty good agency from what I saw their corporals display. The Ben Clark Center is pretty awesome too. I got a conditional from another county first, but when I lateral, RSO will be my first choice.
Old 01-26-2013, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJackUSMC View Post
Let me see... clean background, but still denied... most likely you guys did not put everything down correctly or fail to mention something, bad credit, prior drug history, or too many traffic ticket.

You can always re-apply or try different department. RSO is great place to work in my opinion.
+1 They should have done a preliminary check on themselves.

Check credit reports on sites like experian.com, creditreport.com etc. Pay off all debt, settle out of colelctions.

Check to see if any unpaid parking tickets etc.

If you do this it will help streamline everything for the background investigator. Otherwise they could discover something and the process could stop.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

Had more than a few friends and colleagues go RSO as recruit and lateral and they said the process was very fast once it gets going and most were done in around two months. None reported anything unusual with the process or any difference than other agencies.
Old 01-28-2013, 5:44 PM

Sounds like your friends are less than honest about their backgrounds. No one really knows the skeletons in the closets of some of their best friends that come out in a background packet. I doubt that your friends are as squeaky clean as they are making themselves out to be.